Author Topic: Wheel of fortune 30th season  (Read 9259 times)

Offline Borusa

• In Contestant's Row
Wheel of fortune 30th season
« on: May 29, 2012, 11:36:09 PM »
It's been confirmed that the show will be in New York for that season. The shows for New York will tape in March to air in May. I hope this isn't the only road show for the season.

I bet there will be a new set (kinda wish they would got back to the gold set as opposed to the current neon set).

Offline GSB92

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Wheel of fortune 30th season
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 11:43:28 PM »
They will be taping shows on March 15,16,18, and 19 at Madison Square Garden.

Can't wait for the tickets to come out.

Offline WheelzVatcher

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 01:32:47 AM »
I think Wheel is overdue for a new set, the current one is 9 years old, they used to replace the set every 4 or 5 years. I don't know what else they could possibly do with the set but I hope they figure out something.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 02:13:50 AM »
Should they add a $65,000 and $75,000 envelope permanently in the bonus round next season?  They did experiment with those envelopes for a couple of weeks. 

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 07:15:28 AM »
^I'd actually like to see one (if not both) of those envelopes replace one of the $30,000 envelopes (which seem to be landed on so much, you'd think $30K envelopes take up half the bonus wheel now).

Offline kassilynn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 08:47:43 AM »
I think it is high time for "Wheel of Fortune" to debut a new set, I also wish that they would do away w/ the different theme weeks because I think that they're dull and sometimes boring.
I also think that it's time for them to come up w/ new theme music, the current one has basically ran it's course to me.
It would really super if they could bring back one of the 3 different versions of the "Changing Keys" theme, I prefer the 1992-1994 version and use the Dancing Wedges intro again too !  :-D

I also would like to see some major changes regarding the Prize Puzzle rounds and the Bonus Rounds.
They really need to give away a whole lot more than just a bunch of crummy trips in the Prize Puzzle rounds, that's all they give away.
I also think they should add more prizes to the Bonus Round wheel, in addition to the Cars and Cash Prizes, they should add Boats,
Motorhomes, Furniture, and of course Trips, like back in the old days.

I also think that they should show a series of classic "Wheel of Fortune" shows from around the time when the show debuted in nighttime considering the fact that the show is about the celebrate 30 years in Nighttime (September 2013), I think that'll be a real treat for die-hard "Wheel of Fortune" fans. (or come up w/ a Best of "Wheel of Fortune" DVD)

It all came in threes, Pat celebrated his 30th Anniversary last year, Vanna is approaching her 30th Anniversary this coming December, and "Wheel of Fortune" nighttime will celebrate it's 30th Anniversary next year, AMAZING !
"Say whatever you want to about me, my artwork, etc, I don't really care.
If you don't want me or even like me, then I'm DAMN sure am not gonna let myself want OR
like YOU !"

^ That's my message to all you haters and people who are negative when it comes to me.

Offline tadixon757

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 12:10:54 PM »
I also would like to see some major changes regarding the Prize Puzzle rounds and the Bonus Rounds.
They really need to give away a whole lot more than just a bunch of crummy trips in the Prize Puzzle rounds, that's all they give away.
I also think they should add more prizes to the Bonus Round wheel, in addition to the Cars and Cash Prizes, they should add Boats,
Motorhomes, Furniture, and of course Trips, like back in the old days.

There's a reason the show only gives away cars, cash, and trips now: that's all the contestants want. At least, that is what I have heard.
-- Thad Dixon

Offline JerseyBob

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2012, 12:56:21 PM »

While I would not have a problem with the show giving away prizes other than trips, as a pretty regular "Wheel Watcher," I would hardly call the trips "crummy."

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2012, 01:10:28 PM »
There's a reason the show only gives away cars, cash, and trips now: that's all the contestants want. At least, that is what I have heard.
One gets the feeling that those are what all contestants want because the show solely offers them. It was far more watchable, and far less predictable, in the early 1990s when there was an actual variety of prizes.

Wheel has become stale, and they know this, yet they do not care.

It would really super if they could bring back one of the 3 different versions of the "Changing Keys" theme
Three? There were six by my count (not including road-show variations): 1983, '84, '89, '92, '95, and '97.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 02:15:16 PM »
Does anyone know when the season 29 finale airs of wheel?

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 02:30:49 PM »
^By my calculations, June 15th.

Offline John92

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 02:33:56 PM »
New wheel values. $1000, 1250, 1500, 2000, 7500
Speed up round values added a one. Bankrupts and lose a turns disappear when the speed up bell sounds.

Remixed version of changing keys.

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 02:42:58 PM »
Bring back the Free Spins also. The Free Play wedge is okay, but I like to see them bring back the Free Spins.

I also wouldn't mind them doing a new set myself. I agree the set they have now has been used long enough.

Offline gshowguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 04:08:40 PM »
And I would have both $100K and $1M envelopes on the bonus round wheel, instead of having to bring a wedge over to the bonus round. (Plus, I would save the confetti only for when the million is won.)

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 04:16:00 PM »
^By my calculations, June 15th.
This is correct.

New wheel values. $1000, 1250, 1500, 2000, 7500
Speed up round values added a one. Bankrupts and lose a turns disappear when the speed up bell sounds.
$7,500 is very unlikely; the Final Spin adding a one to the landed value would make $5,000 into $15,000...which is far too much for the show.

And I would have both $100K and $1M envelopes on the bonus round wheel, instead of having to bring a wedge over to the bonus round. (Plus, I would save the confetti only for when the million is won.)
Then you remove the entire point of the Million-Dollar Wedge and make the million considerably easier to win.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.