Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 6/4/2012  (Read 42626 times)

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
TPiR Recap - 6/4/2012
« on: June 04, 2012, 03:36:54 PM »
The Price is Right Recap - 6/4/2012

Episode #6001K (Couples Price - The Wedding Shower)
Aired: 6/4/2012; Tape Date 5/9/2012
Models: Manuela Arbelaez, Amber Lancaster, Rachel Reynolds, "Dashing" Daniel Goddard
Drew Entrance: Door #2
Mic Handoff: Manuela
First Four Contestant Seating: Left to Right

First IUFB: Wedding Gown & Tuxedo (Maggie Sottero, Joseph A. Bank; ARP: $2,787) (Daniel and Rachel)

AMY
JASON
PUJA
BENJAMIN
NICOLE
JAMES
CHERYL
JAMES
WINNER
$1800 $2200 $2900 $2300 CHRYL
JAMES

All contestants appearing on stage receive a special Bonus: A Trip to Miami* (RT Coach, 6n Eden Roc Renaissance Miami Beach; ARP: $5,882) *Many Prizes Furnished Today Thanks To WeddingChannel.com

Chryl and James are playing Plinko! (Rachel and Manuela)

ITEMS (Kenmore) DISPLAY DIGIT CHOSEN ARP CHIP VALUE
2-Slice Toaster (9 Settings) 32 3 $30 $500
Food Processor (10-Cup) 73 7 $75 $0
Slow Cooker 70 0 $50 $1,000
Coffee Bean Grinder 57 7 $37 $500
FREE CHIP VALUE: $10,000
TOTAL WON: $12,192
 *WIN*
DANG IT!

Second IUFB: Wedding Invitations & Stationary (Storkie.com; ARP: $1,283) (Amber and Manuela)

Amy
Jason
Puja
Benjamin
Nicole
James
BRIANNA
RYAN
WINNER
$800 $1017 $801 $750 PUJA
BENJAMIN

Puja and Benjamin are playing Bargain Game.

ITEM TAG ARP BARGAIN
Atlantic City (RT Coach for 4 LA To Atlantic City, 3n Harrah's Atlantic City, VIP Nightclub Access, Atlantic City Country Club Passes) (Rachel) $4646 $7646 $3000
*WIN*
Las Vegas (RT Coach for 4 LA To Las Vegas, 3n Caesar's Palace Las Vegas, VIP Nightclub Access) (Manuela) $5717 $8217 $2500

Third IUFB: Kenmore 5-Burner Gas BBQ (ARP: $700) (Manuela and Daniel)

Amy
Jason
CATHERINE
SHAWN
Nicole
James
Brianna
Ryan
WINNER
$1 $925 $950 $850 AMY
JASON

Amy and Jason are playing Money Game for a Ford Escape XLT FWD (2.5L, 6-Spd A/T, 6mo Sirius, RKE, All-Weather Floor Mats) (Amber)

79 40 27
80 26 95
25 15 59

Middle number: 9

PICK NUMBER DISPLAY
1 25 FRONT
2 95 $
3 59 $
4 79 $
5 15 BACK
*WIN*

ARP: $25,915
Money won: $223

SCSD #1

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Cheryl
James
$20,861 40 25 65
Puja
Benjamin
$23,028 65 N/A 65
Amy
Jason
$32,720 60 10 *SHOWCASE*

Fourth IUFB: Tools & Storage Chest (Craftsmen from Sears; ARP: $1,950) (Daniel and Rachel)

ALLISON
JEFFREY
Catherine
Shawn
Nicole
James
Brianna
Ryan
WINNER
$750 $1185 $1200 $1201 BRIANNA
RYAN

Brianna and Ryan are playing Double Prices for Kitchen Appliances (Double Door Range, Refrigerator, Dishwasher) (Kenmore by Sears)

$8,550
ARP: $8,550
*WIN*
$6,602

Fifth IUFB: 32pc Anolon Advanced Cookware Set (ARP: $1,033) (Rachel)

Allison
Jeffrey
Catherine
Shawn
Nicole
James
MAYRA
JESUS
WINNER
$600 $675 $676 $525 NICOLE
JAMES

Nicole and James are playing Pick-a-Pair for a Dining Room Group (Ikea; Mikasa Dinnerware) + Bridal Shower for 20 (ARP: $5,418) (Amber)

ITEMS Gold Bond Ultimate Body Lotion Maybeline Lipstick Little Debbie Fancy Cakes Bell-Shaped Wedding Party Decorations Healthy Harvest Strawberries SaCo Dolci Microwave Chocolate Dip
GUESS 1
*WIN*
$8.99 $8.99        

We are currently in a situation that I wish not to jinx by saying that the last time it happened was on Couples Price - Valentine's Day 2010....Let's all hope it's 10 Chances 6th, K? Alrighty Then...

Sixth IUFB: 18k White Gold Wedding Bands (Kirk Kara; ARP: $3,990!) (Amber and Manuela)

Allison
Jeffrey
Catherine
Shawn
TESSA
MATTHEW
Mayra
Jesus
WINNER
$3300 $1 $2900 $3200 ALLISON
JEFFREY

Allison and Jeffrey are playing........ Pocket ˘hange (ugh, OK, still Do-able) for a Honda Civic LX (1.8L, 5-Spd A/T, Cargo Net, USB) (Crazy Rachel's (and Daniel's) Car Lot) The numbers are 1, 4, 5, 6, 7 and 8.

PRICE RIGHT?
1         25˘ FREE
1 8       25˘ RIGHT (2)
1 8 5     50˘ WRONG
1 8 6     50˘ RIGHT (15)
1 8 6 7 75˘ WRONG
1 8 6 4 $1.00 WRONG
1 8 6 5   $1.00 RIGHT (12)
1 8 6 5 7 $1.25 WRONG
1 8 6 5 4 $1.25 RIGHT (18)

Pockets: 25˘ + 10˘ + 25˘ + 50˘ = $1.10 + ...

50˘ = $1.60 *PERFECT SHOW!* (ARP: $18,654)

SCSD #2

Contestant Winnings Spin 1 Spin 2 TOTAL
Nicole
James
$12,333 65 STAY 65
Brianna
Ryan
$16,382 75 STAY *SHOWCASE*
Allison
Jeffrey
$28,526 25 1.00 OVER
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: TPiR Recap - 6/4/2012
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 03:38:46 PM »
The Price is Right Recap - 6/4/2012

SHOWCASE ROUND
Summer has the honor...

SC1 - AMY
JASON
HONEYMOONERS PT I TRIP/JEEP
BID: $23,723 2 Digital Cameras (Nikon One, DSLR; Courtesy Target) (Rachel)
South Africa (RT South African Airways LA to Sun City, SA, 7n, Palace of Sun City, Safari Drives) (Rachel)
Jeep Wrangler Sport 4x4 (3.6L, SunRider Soft Top) (Manuela)
ARP: $36,414
DIFF: $12,691
LOSS $32,720
SC2 - BRIANNA
RYAN
HONEYMOONERS PT II TRIPS/CONVERTIBLE
BID: $28,543 St. Lucia (RT Coach For 2 LA To St. Lucia, 7n Morgan Bay Beach Resort) (Amber)
Barbados (RT Coach For 2 LA To Barbados, 7n Bougunvilla Beach Resort) (Amber)
Chrysler 200 Convertible Touring (2.4L, 6-Spd A/T, U-Connect) (Rachel)
ARP: $38,505
DIFF: $9,962
*WIN* $54,887

Show Results: 6 out of 6! PERFECTION!
Total Winnings: $172,355

THIS RECAP IS PRODUCED SOLELY FOR GOLDEN-ROAD.NET
UNAUTHORIZED REPRODUCTION OR EXHIBITION IS PROHIBITED

PRODUCED BY VADERNADER
TEMPLATES BY KITCH

"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 03:40:57 PM »
A very good show in my opinion! Normally I hate shows that feature pairs of contestants, especially for some reason, Valentine's Day and Wedding Shower, but this one was great, mainly with help from a perfect day.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 03:41:23 PM »
Today we had our first perfect show after the valentine's day one in 2010. Mike richards hopefully will keep the wins going with easy setups.  :-D
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 03:49:52 PM »
Pl!nko: Cheryl & James won the $10K on their last chip because they got by that fairly tricky last SP!

Bargain: Fairly easy.

Money: Also pretty easy, although I never noticed Semi El Cheapo until the end (as well as the chance for the Front & Back Trick).

Double: I would've lost w/ the cheaper option.

PaP: It was its old easy self again.

Pocket: A TECHNICAL PERFECT SHOW happened w/ some good luck from Allison & Jeffrey's last three envelopes!

Showcases: I knew Amy & Jason had way underbid the trip/Jeep Showcase (had they not done so, their Escape might've replaced the trips behind Door #1). Well, at least we know what the price of the Miami trip was.

One of the best shows this season!!!

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2012, 03:53:39 PM »
And I think I saw an edit on Drew's last envelope reveal in Pocket.

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 03:57:55 PM »
There's going to be tons of debates over whether this was a perfect show or not...then again, it's been 2 years, so...:P

Even if there's going to be debate, and even though there was a lot of Mike crap (free trip AGAIN, and more GP crap), this was still an enjoyable program.

Holy crap, Plinko was set up for five chips!

Holy crap, those trips in Barker's Bargain Bar were omega expensive! (Set still looks like Circuit City, though. :P)

Drew actually had a couple good highlights today...namely, mentioning that Money Game GIVES MONEY AWAY, and actually doing a different spiel for asking for the next contestant(s) at the beginning of Act 4.

Coincidentally, the last perfect show was ALSO a couples show. Weird.

Offline Snuffleupagus

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 04:05:36 PM »
As several of us in chat pointed out, Kitch must be super mad because he never had a perfect show under his watch (the last one was in season 38, under the watch of JoeCapitano).

Anyways, a pretty good show. I think I was the only one that overbid on the convertible showcase (and by less than $500!).

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2012, 04:10:18 PM »
As several of us in chat pointed out, Kitch must be super mad because he never had a perfect show under his watch (the last one was in season 38, under the watch of JoeCapitano).

Anyways, a pretty good show. I think I was the only one that overbid on the convertible showcase (and by less than $500!).

I also overbid the second Showcase by bidding $41,111.

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 04:21:23 PM »
Beginning of show:  "WORST SHOW EVER!  COUPLES?  DAMN YOU MIKE RICHARDS YOU BUFFOON :LAFJ:OIAHGDOHGSDLGSG"

After the show:  "THIS IS THE BEST SHOW EVER!  I AM SO HAPPY!  THESE SETUPS WERE EASY!"
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 04:24:50 PM »
We may be wrong, but in this day and age we need to take perfection where we can get it!

Now see, Kitch. The end of the season. If you had just been able to make it to the end of the season, I knew you could've gotten one.

I'm tired of this Plinko argument. Someone needs to write Roger and ask him to draft an amendment to the rules. This is ridiculous. Plinko will never be won and that's a fact. It feels so stupid to have this argument. Plinko has been lost 926 times. I think it is time to end this silly argument, as if we'll be waiting for some magical contestant to Larsen the Plinko board. Enough is enough.

Thank goodness this show was perfect. It distracted me from the stupid post-IUFB prize they insist on handing out.

Great Pocket Change win. Great cards picked.

Great wins in all the games really. Couldn't have asked for a better show (well yes, you could. No Plinko. Oh well).

We have had a great stretch of shows these past couple of weeks, now if we could get a DSW to close out the season that'd be just great.

Oh and when is it okay to be legitimately worried about Card Game? It feels like they're treating it worse than Spelling Bee and Magic # last season.

EDIT: That's one other thing that Wayo has brought up. Can we spice up Bargain's slotting now? It's been over a month. If all the other two prize quickies can do it, why can't Bargain? Geez.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 04:30:26 PM by thepriceis_J »
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 04:27:36 PM »
Well how about that... Unbelievable. I had written off this special as a Rent/Bag fail, and I would miss nothing on my first day at my internship. I miss chat already.

Of course, some negatives - Miami, sexed up SCs a bit unnecessary, and Bargain sexed up and still in first two. Still awesome to see setups so fair on cars & cash, lineup was decent too.

EDIT: LOL at some purists converting with 6/6 on the line!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 04:33:57 PM by Wayoshi »
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline GR WHAMMY

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Just wants to enjoy the show!
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 04:49:24 PM »
the host said it was a clean sweep, so that answers that (in my opinion)
Just wants to enjoy the show!
HYO WINNINGS: $3675

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 04:58:41 PM »
I dont think I'm alone in being someone who saw the beginning and thought "oh no, another couples show!" and whether it was a 'two heads are better than one' or whatever it may be, we FINALLY have a perfect show.

Even more greatness, how often are we gonna have the first half all won 20k+ (assuming the trips to miami were included?)

I'm beginning to like Bargain Game the more its played, maybe I think what threw me at first was how long it took to get this game back in rotation and I kinda felt like it was a bit cheap having the models manaully operate the price displays, and talk about a huge payout for it today!

Smart playing in Money Game I have to say. In regards to, what in specific can el cheapo reffer to? I always thought it was anything below 10 but could it perhaps be just the lowest number pair on the board OR maybe a number pair smaller than the first two numbers?

Pocket Change had me on the edge of my seat, once again a 5/5 show comes down to a car game being the deciding factor for a perfect show. Definitely an amazing way to finish off a perfect show.

If we had at least one more DSW this season (as of wednesday it will be 5mths since the last one aired) then perhaps the month of June will be a great way to finish off the 40th season. On that note, how many shows are left in the season?

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 05:01:03 PM »
Wow! This was an unexpectedly great show, regardless of whether you think it was perfect or not. :) Now if we could just get a "perfect" singles show. Seriously, this year was so much better than last because the setups on average were much fairer. I think everything except the cars and cash was provided by weddingchannel.com, which might help explain why everything except the car games was set up easy. Still, it was nice to watch the wins really pile up today. There were a few bad ideas still strewn about (I bet they REALLY regret that free Miami trip for everyone now seeing as everyone won something anyway) but this in general was done well, and so much better than last Monday. Drew actually mentioning things he never does today, like the money in Money Game and especially the chance for "perfection", showed on top of it he was. Interesting that Drew brought it up on a Plinko day after not bringing it up on two non-Plinko days. Still, I'm glad he's bringing it up at all.

And hey, in order for this show to truly make history books, we had to get by a very difficult Pocket setup 6th. Allison and Jeffrey didn't exactly do that - they managed to not underprice the Civic, but still make four other mistakes. However, for once, we finally got the big Pocket envelopes to come out at a time when we really needed them. We've had a lot of playings the past couple seasons where people only needed 75 cents but got $2.00 anyway, so it was nice to see the luck come when we NEEDED it, especially with such a big show on the line. What a dramatic ending to the show that made.

There have certainly been a few duds, but this is the best homestretch to a season we've had in the Mike era (May was certainly well above average, and this is a good start for June). Here's hoping we can keep it up going back to normal tomorrow...