Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 6/4/2012  (Read 42884 times)

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
Re: TPiR Recap - 6/4/2012
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 05:08:41 PM »
I've been thinking about this for a while, but is there a frequency chart-like diagram for Pocket Change (as in, which envelopes the contestants pick most often) as we do for Punch a Bunch (which hole the contestant punches most often)?
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 05:30:07 PM »
When was the last time when we had a 6/6 (purists nothwithstanding)?  In other words, 5/6 games won and $10,000+ won in Plinko?

In regards to, what in specific can el cheapo reffer to? I always thought it was anything below 10 but could it perhaps be just the lowest number pair on the board OR maybe a number pair smaller than the first two numbers?
El Cheapo is anything below 10.

As several of us in chat pointed out, Kitch must be super mad because he never had a perfect show under his watch (the last one was in season 38, under the watch of JoeCapitano).
In fact, if I remember correctly, Kitch was originally planning to leave at the end of the season but decided to leave earlier than that.  If he stuck with his original idea, he would have had a somewhat-perfect show.

Offline SuperMatch93

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 05:35:43 PM »
I had the Pocket Change price as $18654 immediately.  :oldlol:

While I consider it a perfect show, should there be some other classification of "perfect" for the skeptics, such as "clean sweep"? (Like the distinction between "winless show" and "skunked")

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 06:08:46 PM »
5 wins & $12,000 won on Plinko - awesome! :biggrin:  Too bad the showcase results weren't better - it's been too long without a double showcase winner.

Great show overall, IMHO! :biggrin:
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2012, 06:31:50 PM »
Enough arguing over Plinko being / not being won.

Drew said all 5 games were won prior to IUFB6...that means that Plinko was WON. W-O-N. 5/5 and then 6/6.

If you're going to argue against the people running the show then....well, good luck, I hope it's worth it.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2012, 06:58:21 PM »
Who thinks vadernader is an awesome episode recapper?

• Hell yes!
• No, but I really mean yes.
• Is he selling apples?

OK, now that I got that out of my system, let's get on with the show.

Go away, Daniel Goddard!

I don't care if Cheryl and James won $12,000 in Plinko.  After the Plinko Clearing House Gimmick Week, I really despise Plinko in special episodes/weeks.

Both Bargain Game trips were on steroids.  I wasn't expecting a win after that $2,500 bargain on Vegas.

15 isn't technically an El Cheapo in Money Game, but I'm still glad somebody picked it.

We start the show with 4 wins and a $12,000 Plinko win... gee, I can't wait to see which car game Mike and Adam will throw out there to [French flag] up the perfect show (purists notwithstanding).  That's Too Third?  Cover Up?  Ooh... Pocket Change.  Well, it doesn't matter how tricky the price is or how bad the contestants price it, it all depends on the cards...

WHAT?!  IT WAS WON?!  WE ACTUALLY HAVE A PERFECTA?!

I'm shocked.  I really don't know what else to say.

My showcase bids:
Jeep--$33,107
200--$40,107
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 07:07:52 PM »
I didn't have anything to say from Friday's show since all I did was post a link describing how bad it was. Today I got a lot to say seeing that we finally got a perfect show!

Plinko!: Cheryl and James got all 4 chips and over $12K with the last chip! Not too bad................

Bargain Game: I really thought the Las Vegas trip was the bargain, not Atlantic City. Good job for Puja and Benjamin!

Money Game: Good thing that Amy and Jason won with the pseudo El Cheapo (15)! Another good job!

Double Prices: I would've picked the lower price for the Kenmore appliances. Nicely done, Brianna and Ryan! Good win on their showcase, too!

Pick-A-Pair: Wait, wasn't that already played last Friday? Oh, well...............Nicole and James won it on the first try!

Pocket Change: This was too much of a nail-biter for me because I was afraid that Allison and Jeffery wasn't gonna get the change they need to get the Civic. Those two 50 cent slots really paid off for them!

There wasn't anything bad from today...........I actually didn't mind Daniel Goddard being on the show today. In a way, he did a pretty good job. But finally it was absolute PERFECTION all around! It was refreshing to see contestants that know about the games and instead of Mike just getting random and clueless people.

Speaking of Mike, I wonder how he felt about today...................

www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 07:18:28 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2012, 09:34:40 PM »
Beginning of show:  "WORST SHOW EVER!  COUPLES?  DAMN YOU MIKE RICHARDS YOU BUFFOON :LAFJ:OIAHGDOHGSDLGSG"

After the show:  "THIS IS THE BEST SHOW EVER!  I AM SO HAPPY!  THESE SETUPS WERE EASY!"
A couples show is just, at best, awful contestant-wise. Plenty 'o' winning has to occur to make up for it, which they've been better at setting up for this season.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline RCPlanes59

• Double Showcase Winner
    • YouTube
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2012, 09:50:24 PM »
$10K IN PLINKO = WIN.

Hopefully this announcement will end all future arguments. Frankly, at this point arguing that this is not a win is like arguing that Race Game isn't won because the contestant didn't win on the first try.
Season 8 (2011-12) CSS 3rd Place

Offline stardf29

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2012, 10:04:14 PM »
I consider $10K+ in Plinko a win, Drew considers $10K+ in Plinko a win, it was won, hence...

PERFECT SHOW!!!

That was just awesome to see. Plinko started out the festivities in full form; we get a proper 5-chip setup capitalized on fully, and just as it turns out, that 5th chip turned out to be the winning one!

Bargain Game was easy enough, but there's no need to throw that many trips on top of the automatic trip to Miami... Also, in addition to moving it out of the first two slots, can we have a setup where the prize on the right is correct? So far, it's always been the prize on the left...

Money Game was exciting, and a nice defeat of a pseudo-El Cheapo (as well as the ol' Front-and-Back trick). Also, Drew mentions the money in Money Game again!

Double Prices was good, Pick-a-Pair had some fun with its GPs and was pretty easy to boot, which leads us to...

Pocket Change. I was really scared for Jeffrey and Allison as well as our chances for the perfect show with the price at $1.25, since the stats for this game show a sharp drop in the win rate from $1.00 to $1.25 (12-6 at $1.00 vs. 3-17 at $1.25 before today). However, we finally have a moment where good cards lined up with a time when good cards were needed, and it sure could not have come at a better moment! Absolutely amazing. I just wish Drew didn't have to obviously go into the whole "pay taxes" routine then and kind of ruin the moment for those who watch enough to know that any time he does that, the game's been won...

Though he did mention at OB5 that they were going for a perfect show... well, a clean sweep as he called it, but still, he mentioned it!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2012, 10:07:13 PM »
Why, of all days, did Plinko have to show up on a day when all five other games were won? :P

(And no, this was not a perfect show.  Drew can talk all he wants about how it was a "clean sweep," but Plinko wasn't won.)

And also, why, on what was otherwise such a good show, did Drew have to spend half the episode acting like a parody of a game show host?

Did Barker's Bargain Bar bother anyone else?  Between the insanely expensive trips and the fact that each one was only for one of the two contestants, that whole thing was majorly weird.

As several of us in chat pointed out, Kitch must be super mad because he never had a perfect show under his watch (the last one was in season 38, under the watch of JoeCapitano).

Well, Vader hasn't, either, so there's no need for Kitch to be jealous.

the host said it was a clean sweep, so that answers that (in my opinion)

The host is an idiot.  Drew was wrong.

If you're going to argue against the people running the show then....well, good luck, I hope it's worth it.

I don't really give a rat's ass about what Drew and Mike think.  I have Roger on my side of the argument.

Hopefully this announcement will end all future arguments. Frankly, at this point arguing that this is not a win is like arguing that Race Game isn't won because the contestant didn't win on the first try.

How does that comparison make any sense?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:15:39 PM by SteveGavazzi »
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline stardf29

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2012, 10:18:24 PM »
Clarification to one of my statements:

I just wish Drew didn't have to obviously go into the whole "pay taxes" routine then and kind of ruin the moment for those who watch enough to know that any time he does that, the game's been won...

Okay, so he didn't actually go into the "pay taxes" routine, but his completely fake "oh, man" made him look like he was going to, so that's what I'm referring to here.

Also, if I'm wrong in considering $10K+ in Plinko a win, then I'll gladly be wrong.  :biggrin:

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2012, 10:30:09 PM »
Clarification to one of my statements:

Okay, so he didn't actually go into the "pay taxes" routine, but his completely fake "oh, man" made him look like he was going to, so that's what I'm referring to here.

Also, if I'm wrong in considering $10K+ in Plinko a win, then I'll gladly be wrong.  :biggrin:
I agree. And besides, would you rather have Pay The Rent instead of Plinko today? PTR has never been won since its debut (Well, the closest anyone has won from that game is $10K, but some contestants who played it get a little too bold and fail on it). I think it's time they just did away with that game and be done with it.

Also, I'd rather have over 10 grand being won on Plinko and not a Plinko Stinko. We got one too many of those this season already.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 10:33:16 PM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2012, 10:33:06 PM »
And no, this was not a perfect show.  Drew can talk all he wants about how it was a "clean sweep," but Plinko wasn't won.)

Thank you steve.  At least I know I am not the only one that thinks that way.  Everyone gets mad at me in chat when I say it is a loss, but my definition has always been, unless the full 50k is won, it is not a win in plinko.  I know most chatters call it a win, but I don't. I know I will probably get blasted for the comment, but I am sticking to my guns on that.

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2012, 10:34:45 PM »
Why, of all days, did Plinko have to show up on a day when all five other games were won? :P

(And no, this was not a perfect show.  Drew can talk all he wants about how it was a "clean sweep," but Plinko wasn't won.)

And also, why, on what was otherwise such a good show, did Drew have to spend half the episode acting like a parody of a game show host?

Did Barker's Bargain Bar bother anyone else?  Between the insanely expensive trips and the fact that each one was only for one of the two contestants, that whole thing was majorly weird.

Well, Vader hasn't, either, so there's no need for Kitch to be jealous.

The host is an idiot.  Drew was wrong.

I don't really give a rat's ass about what Drew and Mike think.  I have Roger on my side of the argument.

How does that comparison make any sense?

Thank you steve.  At least I know I am not the only one that thinks that way.  Everyone gets mad at me in chat when I say it is a loss, but my definition has always been, unless the full 50k is won, it is not a win in plinko.  I know most chatters call it a win, but I don't. I know I will probably get blasted for the comment, but I am sticking to my guns on that.