Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 6/4/2012  (Read 42620 times)

Offline spoon14

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Straight outta Medellin!
Re: TPiR Recap - 6/4/2012
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2012, 07:07:09 PM »
...whatever the case, it was fun being apart of that show! I posted on this forum the day before, scared silly about what time to arrive if I wanted to be admitted to the show. I never in my wildest dreams imagined I would actually be called down with my beautiful fiancé, much less win the showcase with her! Even if we did grossly underbid ;) We were terrified of going over, and thought we had a bit of wiggle room after seeing how low the other couple's bid was. Funny how much of the thinking process they cut out of the actual broadcast.  Whatever the case, instead of still worried like crazy over how to go on a honeymoon, my future wife and I will be headed to St. Lucia! :) Just grateful for all the helpful info I read on this forum! Thanks guys!
Congrats, Ryan! It's funny that the Showcase winner is on the thread, yet the Plinko debate is sucking all the air out of the room. I can see why you would want to bid conservatively. African safari on the show are always massively expensive. Along with a car, the other Showcase had to be really expensive. Seems like conversation/banter often ends up on the cutting room floor. Thanks for sharing your TPIR experience on the g-r boards.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2012, 07:07:29 PM »
Heh, nothing like devil's advocate.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2012, 08:00:07 PM »
Ooh, I just thought of something else to further complicate the matter of what's a win and what's a loss.

Since the purists say that a game is lost if the full announced amount isn't won... what can we make of Shell Game now?  Since Shell Game has done away with the original $500 bonus and replaced it with the equal cash value of the prize, Drew has announced at the beginning of the game every time that "if you win all four chips and tell me where the ball is, you win $xx,xxx in cash".  So if a contestant wins the $10,000 prize but doesn't win the announced $10,000 cash, is it still a loss?

No, as someone else already said, that cash is a bonus. Shell Game is won if the contestant places a chip beside the shell that has the ball under it. Also, I don't consider Drew the one to "announce" prizes. When he mentions the extra cash (the beginning of the game is an awful time to do so, in my opinion), he's merely pointing out a bonus opportunity (the playing of which only takes place after the game has already been won), which is not an "announced prize."
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 08:04:02 PM by temptation1979ga »

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2012, 08:05:20 PM »
Can't we all let bygones be bygones and say enough is enough? This pissing contest isn't going to end any time soon and this one Recap does not deserve 10 pages of anger, Perfect or not is was a great episode.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2012, 10:03:09 PM »
Can't we all let bygones be bygones and say enough is enough? This pissing contest isn't going to end any time soon and this one Recap does not deserve 10 pages of anger, Perfect or not is was a great episode.

AMEN!!!!!!!

Funny, I was getting ready to say the same thing!!!!

Brian
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 10:06:36 PM by Briguy »

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2012, 10:41:01 PM »

I'm not sure where you're getting "anger" from. All I did was offer a simple response to the question that was posed, which I felt warranted a response, as the example that was given did not apply to the situation in this thread. No "anger" or "pissing" involved. I guess you could be talking about another post, however.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2012, 10:42:21 PM »
I'm not sure where you're getting "anger" from. All I did was offer a simple response to the question that was posed. No "anger" or "pissing" involved. I guess you could be talking about another post, however.

My retort was about a majority of the posts in this thread on the matter, not yours.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2012, 11:13:15 PM »
The point of that assertion was to be ridiculously stupid because, in fact, you're making yourself look ridiculously stupid.

...sure.

So I guess I'm confused as to what's happened. I thought Drew was referring to it as a Plinko win/perfect show because the "official" definition has changed. You're saying the definitions are the same, and Drew was mistaken?

Barker developed a habit in his last couple of years of saying that people had "won" Punch a Bunch when they hit $5,000.  That wasn't any more correct than this is.

Since the purists say that a game is lost if the full announced amount isn't won... what can we make of Shell Game now?  Since Shell Game has done away with the original $500 bonus and replaced it with the equal cash value of the prize, Drew has announced at the beginning of the game every time that "if you win all four chips and tell me where the ball is, you win $xx,xxx in cash".  So if a contestant wins the $10,000 prize but doesn't win the announced $10,000 cash, is it still a loss?

Oh, shut up. :P

Seriously, though, the bonus in Shell Game is still just a bonus, even if it's handled horribly now.

The Shell Game deal is a bonus in the event 4 shells are won. Previously, it was $1000.

Incorrect.  $500.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.