Author Topic: What did everyone think of the new Figure it out  (Read 2436 times)

Offline 444dd

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HYO #7 will be in a few months
    • My Youtube
What did everyone think of the new Figure it out
« on: June 11, 2012, 09:48:04 PM »
If anyone watched the new Figure it out tonight what did you all think of it?
I really liked it.  The show stays true to the 90's verison.  But there is no Billy the answer head insted theyt call it the IT bored.  I love Jeff I think he rocks as a kids game show host. 
That wasn't a showcase, that was an infomercial.

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: What did everyone think of the new Figure it out
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 10:52:04 PM »
Agreed. While there are 3 noticeable twists from the original 1997 version, however, the series stays true to it's original formula.
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline noobslayer88

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 11:01:37 PM »
Did anyone notice that though both of the contestants had their talents figured out, only the girl got slimed? Jeff mentioned the word of honor during the boy's game, but he never got slimed. Maybe it was safety thing (being covered in slippery slime while trying to control a pogo stick is probably not the safest thing in the world...)

Anyway, it was really well done. The set was nice, Jeff is a great host, and though I had no idea who any of the panelists were, they played the game well. Bravo, Nick, bravo.
Noobslayer88: a proud member of the "For Shiggles QSW" club. (6/12/09)

Offline 444dd

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Youtube
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 12:08:48 AM »
Check out are friend chad mosher's youtube channel he has been uploading some behind the scenes stuff.
http://www.youtube.com/user/thechadmosher?feature=g-all-u

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 12:38:26 AM »
It's not a bad show at all. I feel this show has potential. It sticks to what it was before.

Let's hope Nickelodeon revives Double Dare as long as they do it like it was when Marc Summers hosted it, NOT the one hosted by Jason Harris that aired back in 2000.

And how bringing back Finder's Keepers also.

Back on topic, I may have missed some of the show, but it was good and Jeff did a good job hosting like he did with Brain Surge.

Offline AMGray1986

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2012, 11:42:39 AM »
I had no idea who any of the panelists were.

Matt Bennett (Robbie) & Victoria Justice (Tori) are both on Victorious.
Lulu Antariksa plays Stevie on How to Rock.
Rachael Crow was on X-Factor: Season but is now on Fred: The Show as Starr plus she working to get his own show.

I just watched the first-half and he missed up a few times but he do a good job. I'm hoping the announcer grows on me but we will see. I know this show will do well and I'm hoping NICK will be going more game shows down the road with the success from Brainsurge and now this...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 11:44:40 AM by AMGray1986 »

Offline kianworld

• In Contestant's Row
  • More of a lurker now.
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 11:56:34 PM »
Let's hope Nickelodeon revives Double Dare as long as they do it like it was when Marc Summers hosted it, NOT the one hosted by Jason Harris that aired back in 2000.

They sorta did. It's at the Nickelodeon Resort in Orlando.

Offline 444dd

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Youtube
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 12:11:34 AM »
They sorta did. It's at the Nickelodeon Resort in Orlando.
Speaking of double dare nick hotel show.  here are 2 clips of the double dare show at the nick hotel
I got to say I like the guy better then the lady
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:13:58 AM by 444dd »

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2012, 07:31:28 PM »
If Double Dare were on TV, I think Jerry Trainor from iCarly ought to host it and it would NOT include the Triple Dare Challenge like they did in 2000.

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2012, 10:41:45 PM »
On a different note, if there was any person(s) who I want to see get slimed, I would have to say any of the cast of Power Rangers Samurai should get slimed... XD

Speaking of which, the only unfortunate part of that is that only Alex Heartman (Jayden/Red Ranger) will show up in a later episode. (I wanted to see the other rangers get slimed too!)
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2012, 10:52:03 PM »
I like the new version overall.  It is mostly true to the 90s version without any major changes.  The panel gets too silly with their behavior and wastes so much time which makes the game drag and be less exciting.  Jeff is a good host, but I do miss Summer Sanders.  I definitely miss Jay announcing.

Offline AussieEvil

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Not Hurt By Pain™
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2012, 04:46:37 AM »
That's nice. When are they going to bring back a proper version of GUTS?
"Fans are clingy complaining dipshits who will never ever be grateful for any concession you make. The moment you shut out their shrill, tremulous voices the happier you will be for it."