Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 6/12/2012  (Read 28505 times)

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 6/12/2012
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2012, 10:50:05 PM »
I'd rather see him on this show than Daniel Goddard, that's for damn sure.

I'm curious as to why you feel this way - all I really ever see Daniel do is model/flip price tags. He may not necessarily add anything to the show, but he doesn't take away from it, either.

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 11:09:55 PM »
Did Drew call Connor his "son"? I thought he was his ex-girlfriend's child. Drew is neither his biological nor his adoptive father.

Drew did legally adopt Connor long before his break up occured. Good to see he's still involve, regardless of the split with his ex.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2012, 11:32:41 PM »
I'd rather see him on this show than Daniel Goddard, that's for damn sure.
I'm curious as to why you feel this way - all I really ever see Daniel do is model/flip price tags. He may not necessarily add anything to the show, but he doesn't take away from it, either.

Can't you tell? Model's are only supposed to be females! :roll:
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2012, 11:34:33 PM »
Can't you tell? Model's are only supposed to be females! :roll:
Let's be honest... there really is no need for a male model on The Price is Right.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 12:35:12 AM »
Let's be honest... there really is no need for a male model on The Price is Right.
And there's been no need for a letter turner on Wheel of Fortune in 15 years.

So Connor is growing up. How nice. Still...I didn't like him on the show at all. Daniel Goddard is definitely better than Connor. Nothing is wrong with walking through the doors with Connor, but once you get the mic have Amber take him with her. What an unneeded distraction.

What a fail in Push Over. There was one clear answer, you had it, and then you jump to a ludicrous extreme. Sigh.

Secret X for a car! That was great to see. Unfortunately, you knew exactly where the X was. At least the SPs were reasonable.

Clock Game disaster on aisle 6! Wow, was that bad.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2012, 08:52:53 AM »
^ There is a big difference between male Price is Right models and Vanna's duties on Wheel, and in no way do they have anything to do with each other.

Feel the need to rewrite this lineup, so here goes:
Clock Game
Secret "X"
Push Over
1 Wrong Price
One Away
Grand Game

Offline JohnHolder

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2012, 09:05:34 AM »

Okay, I'll open the can of worms. Why not?

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2012, 09:07:35 AM »
Okay, I'll open the can of worms. Why not?
It comes off as desperate for ratings and out of place.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2012, 09:45:53 AM »
Not to mention it seems like another reason to break 30+ year tradition because they can. Not to mention Drew feels the need to plug him 43257836 times every time he's on the show.

(On the plus side, Daniel DOES get rid of a lot of those awkward two-model shows...)

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2012, 09:56:13 AM »
Then maybe it's time they brought back the Model Search contest again. I know it has been 3 years since that happened, but it'll be good for Mike to add more fresh and FEMALE faces and quit finding some lame-ass excuse to keep using Goddard.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2012, 10:39:45 AM »
Then maybe it's time they brought back the Model Search contest again. I know it has been 3 years since that happened, but it'll be good for Mike to add more fresh and FEMALE faces and quit finding some lame-ass excuse to keep using Goddard.

Like I said, the only reason people hate Daniel so much, Sexism.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2012, 10:41:58 AM »
You would skip right over the two posts above his.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2012, 10:57:20 AM »
You would skip right over the two posts above his.

No need for that attitude, just because you know it's true. Both of those reasons are not true at all, it does not come off as desperate for ratings, and it is not Mike's way of spiting the Dob and the Show's 30+ year tradition, but thanks for the Conspiracy Theory.

Also: I'd like to add that I have not seen one female argue against Daniel being on the show....
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 10:59:56 AM by vadernader »

Offline JerseyBob

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2012, 11:12:22 AM »
I still have no idea why anyone has a problem with Daniel Goddard guest-modeling.  Of all the valid complaints about the current state of Price, this comes off as very nit-picky to me.

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2012, 11:21:56 AM »
Yeah, I'm going to agree with vader and Bob and this one. I have never understood all the hate for Goddard...it's not like he's hurting anything.
Signatures are overrated.