Author Topic: Weekly Summer Pricing Game - Season 2!  (Read 2693 times)

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
Weekly Summer Pricing Game - Season 2!
« on: June 18, 2012, 11:25:14 AM »
Summer is here...a time of sun, beach, and relaxation.  Since participation in the boards often wanes during the summer, I am happy to announce the return of something I started here in the Host Your Own forums last year…

THE WEEKLY SUMMER PRICING GAME!!!

The concept is simple, every Sunday I will post an item up for bids.  Participants place their bid directly in the thread.  On Wednesday evening, the player who wins the IUFB will play the weekly pricing game.  Over the next 12 weeks, players will compete for thousands of dollars in fake cash and prizes!  There are no sign-ups, just bid in the thread, and you are in. 

THE FABULOUS SHOWCASES!

At the end of 12 weeks, two players will participate in the showcase.  One slot will be determined by the player who earns the most during the entire 12-week period.  The second slot will be determined by an exciting addition this summer….

THE SUPER-FPG! (Friday prediction game)

Can you predict the 12 pricing game that will be played this summer?  If so, you can earn a spot in the showcase.  Compile your list of the 12 games you think will be played by the reveal of the first IUFB.  Here are the rules and guidelines for FPG, blatantly stolen borrowed from Willy’s rules page:
Each player will predict the games to be played every Friday a non-rerun show is aired, numbering them from 1 to 12, 1 being the first game played, 12 being the last game played. Each player will also predict whether that playing of the game will be (W)on or (L)ost. Each player will also assign a "confidence" rank from 12 to 1, 12 being the most likely of your picks to be played, 1 being the least confident of your picks. Each number should be used only once.

Once a FPG pick has been assembled, it should look something like this:

1. Pushover (W)(4)
2. One Away (L)(6)
3. Grocery Game (L)(1)
4. Switch? (W)(3)
5. Dice Game (W)(5)
6. Flip-Flop (L)(2)

The game has two components of scoring: Main Game points (MG) and Confidence Points (CP).
  • 4 MG Points are awarded for a correct pick in the correct slot with the correct result
  • 2 MG Points are awarded for either a correct pick/correct result/incorrect slot OR a correct pick/correct slot/incorrect result
  • 1 MG Points is awarded for a correct pick/incorrect slot/incorrect result
CPs are very simply the MG points awarded for that slot multiplied by your confidence rank. So for example, using the picks above, let's say the following happened: Plinko was played 2nd and was won [2 MG/12 CP] Race Game was played 4th and was won [4 MG/12 CP] Now or Then was played 6th and was won [1 MG/1 CP] The total for this FPG pick would be 7 MG and 25 CP.

The summer player who amasses the most CP Points will earn the second spot in the showcases, in September.
Send your FPG lineups to me, via PM.  12 games is a neat challenge, but a little tough, so I will give you a few hints:
  • I tend to veer towards games I haven’t played before in my shows
  • I tend to be pretty old-school when it comes to lineups
  • I guarantee one (but not limited to one) retired game

Come back Sunday for the first IUFB!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 09:58:20 AM by sideshowPA »
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline RCPlanes59

• Double Showcase Winner
    • YouTube
Re: Weekly Summer Pricing Game - Season 2!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 04:37:39 PM »
WOOOOOOOOOO! Glad to see this is back for another year!
Season 8 (2011-12) CSS 3rd Place