Author Topic: Taping Question  (Read 16078 times)

Offline Strommy77

• Outside in Line
Taping Question
« on: June 18, 2012, 01:24:01 PM »
So, I am planning on going to some tapings the first week of August. When I went to the website to get tickets, they tell you not to go to both tapings in the same day. A few years back I remember reading that they were having a hard time filling audiences in the studio. Are they no longer having trouble filling seats? Also, if I am going to a 12:30 taping, what time is the best to start "camping out?" I appreciate helpful answers. I haven't been to a taping in 13 years and obviously a lot has changed.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: Taping Question
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2012, 01:40:19 PM »
You can probably be in the first 50 if you get in line at 9:30-10am, although again, when you get into the studio hardly matters for seating now.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2012, 08:09:05 PM »
I haven't been to a taping in 13 years and obviously a lot has changed.
Indeed it has. Following from Wayoshi's comments, seating is now done by On-Camera Audiences (OCA) and they appear to operate on the "pretty people" system: namely, if you are pretty/handsome, you get the front rows in the center.

From what I have read, when you go there you will have your picture taken in front of a greenscreen wall...thing, showing either the Big Wheel or Plinko with "$50,000" on the scoreboard.

Stan Blits still does the interviewing, but current showrunner Mike Richards has the final say, mostly based on the aforementioned pictures. And whatever you do, do not mention this site or that you are a part of it during your brief time with Stan -- used to be, you would be welcomed; today, however, you will have zero chance of being selected (someone else could explain this better than I).

While I have not had the opportunity to attend a taping of the show, I have read quite a bit and shared some basic pointers in two posts here.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Strommy77

• Outside in Line
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2012, 08:30:54 PM »
Thank you for the advice so far. How strict are they on the 1 show per day rule?

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2012, 05:08:40 PM »
And whatever you do, do not mention this site or that you are a part of it during your brief time with Stan -- used to be, you would be welcomed; today, however, you will have zero chance of being selected (someone else could explain this better than I).

Has this been proven?  Do we know they assume anyone affiliated with this site = dirty rotten scoundrel, or is it more likely that they're reasonable enough people to realize that not everyone on this site is a clone of Voltaire and/or Ted?

Thank you for the advice so far. How strict are they on the 1 show per day rule?

Couldn't tell you what it's like today, since I haven't been since OCA took over, but the last time I attended (during Drew's first year), I was able to get into two tapings 2 of the 3 days I attended.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy