Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 6/18/2012  (Read 28414 times)

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: TPiR Recap - 6/18/2012
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2012, 06:56:15 PM »
No, this episode was probably meant to be a special that fizzled out.
Actually, according to CBS's airing list, this wasn't a "leftover" show, but the last show taped this season.  (The 6/19 episode was a leftover - taped last July, no less.)

The Olympics showcase makes a little more sense now, but if they're going to air a new episode on July 4 (when a lot of people may be out watching things like parades and hot dog eating contests), why not air this episode on, say, July 24 (the match takes place on 7/25, and yes, that is two days before the opening ceremony)?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2012, 07:22:13 PM »
Actually, according to CBS's airing list, this wasn't a "leftover" show

Oh, I dunno...in the sense that they never even try to make the last "week" of the season make sense anymore, I think you could reasonably call it a "leftover."
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2012, 07:45:28 PM »
Actually, according to CBS's airing list, this wasn't a "leftover" show, but the last show taped this season.  (The 6/19 episode was a leftover - taped last July, no less.)
This may have been the last taping day, but the Back to School Special is the last taping.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Online brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2012, 08:51:32 PM »
It seems a bit strange that TPIR doesn't have a 'proper' season finale episode (or even week), especially when such a big deal is often made of the opening week of a season.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2012, 09:02:17 PM »
^Not really... that would depress summer rerun ratings.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2012, 09:19:11 PM »
It seems a bit strange that TPIR doesn't have a 'proper' season finale episode (or even week), especially when such a big deal is often made of the opening week of a season.
I remember one year where Bob mentioned that it was "the last show of the season," but then he remarked something along the lines of, "We keep on taping, so keep watching," even though they did go into summer repeats by then.  Bob has even admitted that they show repeats on occasion - the one time I can think of is when he was explaining why the date on the check in Blank Check/Check Game was dated "Today, 19-Now."