Author Topic: favorite voice actors/actresses (in cartoons, anime, etc.)  (Read 3126 times)

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
Re: favorite voice actors/actresses (in cartoons, anime, etc.)
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2012, 01:21:14 AM »
Oh, I'd like to add:

Adam West (for works on various cartoons, like The Fairly Odd Parents and others, and because he came from a town only about forty-five minutes from me)

And...

*Tim Curry (Nigel Thornberry and other characters on Nickelodeon shows)

Yes! Can't believe I forgot about him. Also liked him on (though it was not an animated work) Clue from 1985. Great movie.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2012, 09:24:01 AM »
There are so many great voice actors to choose from... Mel Blanc, Lorenzo Music, Don Messick, Paul Winchell, Tress MacNeill, Rob Paulsen, Tom Kenny, etc.

There are a lot of names that haven't been mentioned yet that I would like to add to the list.

How about Walt Disney?  Original voice of Mickey Mouse, anyone?

Seth MacFarlane?  OK, he uses his own voice for Brian Griffin, but just take a look at all of the voices he created for Family Guy:  Peter, Stewie, Quagmire, Tom Tucker, Seamus, etc.  Plus, he voices Stan and Roger on American Dad!

Sticking with the MacFarlane shows, I'd also have to include Mike Henry, voice of Cleveland Brown, old pedophile Herbert, maid Consuela, etc.

One final name to add.  Another old school name.  Thurl Ravenscroft.  He sang "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" in the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, sang "No Dogs Allowed" in Snoopy Come Home, and voiced Tony the Tiger until his death in 2005 at age 91.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2012, 04:06:05 PM »
Some of us mentioned Charlie Adler, he was also the voice of Spike the Dragon in the 80s "My Little Pony" cartoons as well as the voices of Eric Raymond and Techrat in "Jem".  And Tara Strong voiced Rikku in the Final Fantasy X and X-2 games, not to mention she was Ingrid Third in "Fillmore!", which also featured Wendie Malick from "Just Shoot Me" and "Hot In Cleveland" as Principal Folsom and "Survivor" host Jeff Probst as Vice-Principal Raycliff
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline jwatson2973

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2012, 04:38:16 PM »
I recall when Boris Karloff voiced the Grinch as well as narrated Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

Mickey Rooney did Santa Claus in the Christmas Specials Santa Claus is Coming to Town and A Year Without a Santa Claus which are the ones I remember.

Jackie Vernon was good as Frosty the Snowman.

Jim Backus was awesome as Mr. Magoo.

Don Adams voiced Tennessee Tuxedo and Inspector Gadget.

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 11:15:44 PM »
I will also add Veronica Taylor for playing Ash in the 4kids dub of Pokemon, as well as Katie Griffin for Raye Hino/Sailor Mars on Sailor Moon.
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!

Offline Dice_Game_770

• In the Audience
  • You can count me on, because I love Hell's Kitchen
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2012, 04:25:48 AM »
Here's mine:

Paul Winchell, voiced Tigger
Ken Sansom, voiced Rabbit
Ashley Tisdale, voiced Candace from Phineas & Ferb
Dan Castellaneta, voiced Homer from The Simpsons
and Tabitha St. Germain, voiced Rarity from My Little Pony

And I think nobody mentioned about Kaley Cuoco, she voiced Brandy from Brandy & Mr. Whiskers.
Charlie Adler also voiced Mr. Whiskers as well.
Dice Game is the best!

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2012, 12:38:43 PM »
I will also add Veronica Taylor for playing Ash in the 4kids dub of Pokemon, as well as Katie Griffin for Raye Hino/Sailor Mars on Sailor Moon.

All of the original inner senshi voices from the English dub are awesome - Terri, Katie, Karen Bernstein (Mercury), Susan Roman (Jupiter) and Stephanie Morgenstern (Venus).  Susan and Stephanie are so sweet in person
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline whowouldeverhurtawhammy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2012, 03:00:18 PM »
All of the original inner senshi voices from the English dub are awesome - Terri, Katie, Karen Bernstein (Mercury), Susan Roman (Jupiter) and Stephanie Morgenstern (Venus).  Susan and Stephanie are so sweet in person

Speaking of which, I believe that Terri, Katie, Susan, and Stephanie Beard (Rini/Mini Moon) are going to make appearances at Anime Revolution in Vancouver this August.
(to the tune of Sailor Moon)
Guessing prices by moonlight, winning cars by day light, never losing to a real fight, I am the one named...WHAAAAT?!?!