Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 7/4/2012  (Read 21153 times)

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: TPiR Recap - 7/4/2012
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 09:37:04 PM »
Looks like we'll have to wait until the Back-to-School show for Goldy to show up.
I wouldn't be surprised if they skipped GR again because they want to play Pay the Rent Tuition and don't want to run the risk of two major wins.

What surprised me was, Harley-Davidson makes a motorcycle that costs less than $10K.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2012, 09:44:46 PM »
Don't count on any Big 3 on #6022/3/5.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2012, 04:44:14 PM »

I believe the photo site confirmed it as 6022K.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2012, 09:12:53 PM »
Big 3?  Assuming that means what I think it does, which two of these aren't included:
Pay the Rent
Golden Road
Triple Play
Plinko
Three Strikes

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2012, 09:23:13 PM »
Big 3?  Assuming that means what I think it does, which two of these aren't included:
Pay the Rent
Golden Road
Triple Play
Plinko
Three Strikes

Pay the Rent and Plinko.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline RCPlanes59

• Double Showcase Winner
    • YouTube
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2012, 05:34:45 PM »
Golden Road, 3 Strikes, and Triple Play are both considered "Big 3" due to their relative winability (1 in 24) and huge payouts (often upwards of $80,000). Similarly, they are not played very often so as to keep the budget down. Recently, Pay the Rent has been a 4th game that has similar properties (albeit slightly less winnable but can be easily manipulated so as to have a great shot at $10,000) but is not part of the original Big 3. Thus, "Big 4" would refer to all four, but "Big 3" excludes Pay the Rent.

Plinko has never bee considered a part of any of these categories since $50,000 is virtually impossible to win and it shows up on a relatively weekly basis.
Season 8 (2011-12) CSS 3rd Place

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2012, 05:53:08 PM »
Golden Road, 3 Strikes, and Triple Play are both considered "Big 3" due to their relative winability (1 in 24) and huge payouts (often upwards of $80,000). Similarly, they are not played very often so as to keep the budget down. Recently, Pay the Rent has been a 4th game that has similar properties (albeit slightly less winnable but can be easily manipulated so as to have a great shot at $10,000) but is not part of the original Big 3. Thus, "Big 4" would refer to all four, but "Big 3" excludes Pay the Rent.

Plinko has never bee considered a part of any of these categories since $50,000 is virtually impossible to win and it shows up on a relatively weekly basis.

That's one way answering his simple question....
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline GSNSmashFan3

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My game show collection.
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2012, 06:10:42 PM »

Not to mention that Pay the Rent is played considerably more often than Golden Road, 3 Strikes, and Triple Play are.
HYO Winnings:
$46,241.21 (Participated in 6 games; on stage 4 times)

I love Clock Game!

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2012, 11:41:57 PM »
Not to mention that Pay the Rent is played considerably more often than Golden Road, 3 Strikes, and Triple Play are.
Pay the Rent was played ten times this season compared to the Big 3's combined nine.

Well this show started out crappy. Blah/Wasted pick Money Game, distance rule Most Expensive loss, and a complete logic fail Pick-A-Number.
I was perusing around online through some Price clips and found this, and it got me to thinking "was this a wasted pick?" As Roger did, Mike can make the front and back halves, and the nine pairs of numbers on the board anything he wants. So while this playing was still blah, perhaps it wasn't as bad a waste in choice.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2012, 12:42:35 AM »
I was perusing around online through some Price clips and found this, and it got me to thinking "was this a wasted pick?" As Roger did, Mike can make the front and back halves, and the nine pairs of numbers on the board anything he wants. So while this playing was still blah, perhaps it wasn't as bad a waste in choice.

Yeah, it really was.  There are always three choices in Money Game that are reserved, whether the contestant is aware of it or not, for the first two numbers -- the three lowest choices that are not blatantly obvious El Cheapos.  20 was not one of those choices in that clip.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.