Author Topic: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #26  (Read 21631 times)

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #26: IUFB6
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2012, 11:51:49 PM »
George, I need just one more name from you today.  Who is it?

It's Hag!  Come on down, you're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

(applause)(Walking 2007)

Hag has made it all the way down to the end of Contestants' Row.  I welcome you to the show, Hag, and over there is the next item up for bids!

(door #3 opens)(1994 Theme 6)

It's an inflatable spa!

(applause)(Holly models it)

From Comfort Line Products, the Airi spa is the world's first true "Air Frame Spa," combining incredible affordability with new innovative air frame design in this 250-gallon capacity spa. The AiriSpa is perfect for parties, holidays, or anytime family fun is a necessity!

May I have your bid on that, Hag?

Bidding Order:
Hag
03F5man
cu2010
FamilyFeud1994
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #26: IUFB5
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2012, 12:13:54 AM »
I'll say $1200.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline 03F5man

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2012, 10:30:01 PM »
$2100

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #108 on: July 30, 2012, 01:36:11 AM »
That thing looks like it's got holes on the side. :lol:

$900.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline RCPlanes59

• Double Showcase Winner
    • YouTube
« Reply #109 on: July 30, 2012, 10:09:53 PM »
Aww, I didn't get to defend my title  :cry:
Season 8 (2011-12) CSS 3rd Place

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #26: PG6
« Reply #110 on: July 31, 2012, 02:17:25 AM »

FamilyFeud1994's time is up and because this is the second time he missed his turn to bid, he is eliminated from the show.  The actual retail price of the spa is $1,689, and Hag wins it!

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING(applause)(Walking 2007)

Hag is coming back to join me at the big doors for the next pricing game.  How are you Hag?  You have an interesting opportunity; you are the first contestant in over three years to win prizes in a particular game?  I'm sure some of you have a good idea of what I'm talking about, but Hag, feast your eyes on these!

(door #2 opens)(The Cats)

A brass telescope and a new HDTV!

(applause)

First, from Cape Cod Telescopes, the brass telescope is 34" long, has a 30x power, 60mm achromatic objective lens, roof prism erecting system.   It features a a positive finger-tip focusing system that allows definitive clarity at great distances and comes with a 52" tall tripod finished in solid oak!

(Kathleen models it)

Second, from Samsung, this 65" LED HDTV features a full 1080p resolution, and features the innovative Clear Motion Rate of 240 which allows you to experience sharp picture quality, even when you are watching fast-moving images like sports or action movies.  The Wide Color Enhancer Plus allows you to see picture color the way the director originally intended, from Samsung, and there they are, goldroadfanatic!

(Janice models it)

Hag, you're the first person since 2009 to play the Bargain Game.  Unfortunately, it is no longer named after the founder of The Price is Right, Ezekiel Barker.

(groans)

But you can still win the two prizes by picking the one with the bigger bargain, the one that is more below its actual retail price.  Is it the telescope at $1,180 or the HDTV at $1,350?

« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 02:20:27 AM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #111 on: July 31, 2012, 09:40:05 AM »
Give it up for Ezekiel Barker! *waves to the audience*

Goldroadfanatic, I'm going to say the TV is the bigger bargain.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #26: PG6
« Reply #112 on: July 31, 2012, 11:00:48 AM »
Hag thinks the TV is the bigger bargain, so we'll start with the telescope.  Bargain price, $1,180, actual retail price…

Nineteen eighty, for a difference of…

DING

Eight hundred dollars.  Over to the TV, the bargain price is $1,350.  Actual retail price…

Twenty-six fifty, for a difference of….

Thirteen hundred dollars, you're a winner!

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING(cheers and applause)(2007 main theme)

Enjoy those prizes, Hag!  We're going to have the second showcase showdown after this announcement!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 11:03:18 AM by goldroadfanatic »

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #26: SCSD2
« Reply #113 on: July 31, 2012, 11:12:55 AM »
(applause)(2007 CNAoS cue)

Contestants not appearing on stage will receive a new set of cordless phones!  From VTech, this seven handset DECT 6.0 expandable cordless phone features an answering system, voice announce caller ID, push-to-talk & HD audio!  And, a new sofa!  From Jennifer Convertibles, the Kurt sofa is upholstered in chocolate corduroy with tufted backs and deep seats.  And now, here's goldroadfanatic with our showcase showdown!

Thank you, George!  All three of these people beside me have won their pricing games.  thepriceis_J won a new car in Let 'em Roll, Cyclone won a piano in Bonkers, and Hag won two prizes in the Bargain Game.  Now let's see if we can give away as much as $26,000 on the wheel.  If you can score one dollar in one or a combination of two spins, you will win $1,000 and a bonus spin.  In the bonus spin, if you land on a green section, you will win $10,000 more, and if you land on that dollar again, you will win $25,000 more!

(cheers and applause)

The player with the highest score will advance to the showcase at the end of the show.  Hag, step over there and set the pace!

Spinning Order:
Hag
Cyclone
thepriceis_J

(Please submit two numbers from 1 to 20 and the lowest number you're willing to stand on if you get it in spin #1)

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #114 on: July 31, 2012, 11:18:40 AM »
Numbers: 4 and 16.

I will stay on 70 cents.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #115 on: July 31, 2012, 11:59:48 AM »
(beeps)

The second showcase showdown is underway.  Hag's first spin appears to be…

(beep)

Thirty cents; that is not enough for Hag, so here comes another spin!

(beeps)

What will we add to that 30 cents?  That 50 would be nice, but the 85 would be too much!

(beep)

MRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRP(applause)

You went over, Hag, but thank you for playing.  Now it's Cyclone's turn to try his luck!

(Please submit two numbers from 1 to 20 along with the lowest score you'll stand on if you get it in spin #1)

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #116 on: August 01, 2012, 01:24:48 PM »
Cyclone's time is up, so thepriceis_J, you are automatically advancing to the showcase!

(applause)

However, you have one spin to see if you can get a dollar or not.  Good luck!

(Please submit one number from 1 to 20).

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #117 on: August 01, 2012, 02:02:30 PM »
Hold on a second.  I checked yesterday and we weren't in the showcase showdown; I must have checked just before the post about it and have been busy since then.  I just got a PM now about the missed turn.  If my numbers will be accepted, my standard 7 and 11 are them (EDIT staying on 60 on the first spin).

EDIT: thepriceisj also did not submit numbers, so there's a problem here.

Cyclone
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 02:07:18 PM by Cyclone »

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #118 on: August 01, 2012, 02:25:55 PM »
Based on precedent, because thepriceis_J did not yet post his numbers, I will accept Cyclone's spins.

(beeps)

Cyclone is trying to establish a good score for thepriceis_J to beat and the wheel is slowing down on…

(beep)

Eighty cents, and he's staying!

DING(applause)

thepriceis_J, you need to beat 80 cents to go through to the showcase.  Good luck!

(Please submit two numbers from 1 to 20)

(Also, to everyone, don't rely on the thread title all the time, as it requires sideshow to update it.  Check the last post of the thread to what act the show is currently at.)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 02:28:01 PM by goldroadfanatic »

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #119 on: August 01, 2012, 02:28:37 PM »
All right, thanks.

Just as an idea, as a courtesy for the two players not doing anything in the show at the moment (the first two to play in each half), sending a PM alerting to the showcase showdown (and in the case of the winner of the first showdown only, alerting to the showcase round) might be a good step to add for hosts in general, but I know this is a per-host preference what they do.  It would prevent some of these 24h timeouts however.  I was busy yesterday, but if I got a PM sometime after I actually checked in I would have been here to give my numbers by the evening at the latest.  I'm worried j might not even realize we're in the showcase showdown. :)

Cyclone