Author Topic: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #26  (Read 13282 times)

Offline cornelius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #26: IUFB3
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2012, 08:45:11 AM »
Remember. Help control the pet population. Have your pet spayed or neutured!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It's a new decade!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #26: PG3
« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2012, 11:01:34 AM »

The actual retail price is…$790, and cornelius wins!

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING(Walking 2007)(applause)

He's following me back here to the land of plenty to win some prizes.  Cornelius, I have several prizes for you to win, take a look at them!

(door #2 opens)(Fortune Hunter cue)

A fun hockey table, an fabulous chest, new dinnerware, and an elegant cradle!

(applause)

First, from Valley-Dynamo, the Arctic Wind air hockey table is seven feet long and features a manual abacus scoring system, ultra quiet high-volume wind blower, and polypropylene legs to minimize table movement during play.  This professional-caliber air hockey table will be a winning addition to any home game room!

(Holly models it)

Next, from Magnussen Home, Finished in black with nickel hardware, Bennett offers the perfect palette to express ones unique personality and style. Conveniently mixing well with traditional, contemporary and even vintage décor.  Features five drawers, including a felt-lined top drawer, and nickel-colored hardware!

(Dian models it)

Third, from Pfaltzgraff, this 64-piece service for 16 in the Rio pattern features a relaxed yet ordered arrangement of blue bands, from wide to pinstripe. As its name suggests, Rio evokes the spirit of the artisans and craftsmen of the Southwest!

And finally, this Corsican brass cradle features fine rounding curves, along with sleek straight lines, which combine a traditional look with striking style. A delicately scrolled valance rod and perfectly rounded filials add to its unique appeal, from Corsican, and there they are, goldroadfanatic!

(Dian models it)

cornelius is going to play Step Up.  I want you to pick out the least expensive prize of these four, and we'll show you the price of the first prize you pick.  Then, pick the least expensive prize of the three remaining prizes.  If the second prize is higher in price than the first prize, you'll win those two prizes and $500.  You can stop there, or risk those prizes and $500 and pick out the least expensive prize of the remaining two.  If the third prize you pick has a higher price than the first two prizes, you'll win those three prizes and another $1,000, for a total of $1,500.  You can stop there or risk it all and if the last prize is more expensive than each of the other three prizes, you'll win all four prizes, another $1,500, for a total of $3,000!

(applause)

But, should you go on and you pick a prize that is lower in price than the ones you picked before it, you will lose everything.  With that in mind, what would you like first?  Remember pick the prizes in order from least expensive to most expensive.

"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Golden-Road.net
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2012, 12:58:20 PM »
GRF, I have to say, you do a good job at graphics (even if they aren't always true to the show), but this is easily your best artwork yet. Well done. We need more hosts like you.
Certainly more competent in running a game than Roger Goddell.

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2012, 06:08:59 PM »
Wow.  Where'd you buy that one from?  I know chess sets and I swore that one was around that mark.. :oldlol:

On a related note, darn you cornelius.  But yay for going last next time. :D

Cyclone

Offline cornelius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #64 on: July 22, 2012, 11:58:42 PM »
Dinnerware

Offline goldroadfanatic

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It's a new decade!
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2012, 12:11:02 AM »
cornelius wants the dinnerware first, and what is its price?

DING(applause)

Five hundred seventy-six dollars.  I'd say you made a great pick with that prize.  Now, pick something that's more than $576, keeping in mind you're trying to pick the least expensive of the remaining prizes.
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline cornelius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #66 on: July 23, 2012, 12:26:58 AM »
Hockey Table? I'll take that chance. Hockey table.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It's a new decade!
« Reply #67 on: July 23, 2012, 12:32:37 AM »
cornelius wants the hockey table next!

DINGDINGDING(mixed applause and groans)

Sixteen seventy-nine.  That's a step up, all right; but was that too big of a step up?  You won the dinnerware, the hockey table, and $500.  You can stop right now with those two prizes and $500, or you can go on and pick out something that's higher in price than the hockey table, to win three prizes and $1,500.  What do you want to do?

Offline cornelius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #68 on: July 23, 2012, 12:38:00 AM »
My momma didn't raise no fool. I bail.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It's a new decade!
« Reply #69 on: July 23, 2012, 12:45:52 AM »
He's stopping right here, ladies and gentlemen!

(applause)

cornelius, you're taking home the dinnerware, the hockey table, and $500.  But let's see what the other prices were…

The cradle was $2,199, that should have been saved for last; and you should have picked the chest second, at $1,089.  You could have picked the cradle next to win three prizes and $1,500.  But you took the sure thing; enjoy your prizes, cornelius, and we'll see you at the wheel!

(2007 main theme)(applause)

And it won't be long before we see cornelius again, we're going to have the first showcase showdown after this!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It's a new decade!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #26: SCSD1
« Reply #70 on: July 23, 2012, 12:54:22 AM »
(2007 CNAoS cue)(applause)

If you would like to be a contestant on The Price is Right, go to priceisright.com for ticket information!  Now, here's goldroadfanatic with our showcase showdown!

Thank you, George!  We've done quite a bit of winning here on the first half of our show-kassilynn won a car, so he'll spin last.  GSNSmashFan3 won a sailboat and other prizes, he'll spin second.  cornelius is no slouch himself; he won two prizes and $500 in Step Up. 

All three of them are trying to get as close to $1.00 as possible without going over and whoever has the highest score will advance to the showcases at the end of the show.  I hope we can give away bonus money on the wheel, should one or all three of our contestants score one dollar in one or a combination of two spins.  cornelius, you'll set the pace, good luck!

Spinning Order:
cornelius
GSNSmashFan3
kassilynn

(Please post two numbers from 1 to 20 as well as the lowest score you'll stand on if you get it in spin #1)

Offline cornelius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #71 on: July 23, 2012, 01:06:46 AM »
9 and 7. I'll stop on 75.

Offline GSNSmashFan3

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My game show collection.
« Reply #72 on: July 23, 2012, 01:09:13 AM »
3 and 12. I'll stop on 65 or higher.
HYO Winnings:
$46,241.21 (Participated in 6 games; on stage 4 times)

I love Clock Game!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It's a new decade!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #26: SCSD1
« Reply #73 on: July 23, 2012, 01:20:27 AM »
(beeps)

The first spin of the second showcase showdown is underway, and cornelius has spun…

(beep)

Thirty cents, and he's not satisfied with that.  Here he goes again!

(beeps)

What will we add to that 30 cents?  I hope it's not 75 or 95…

(beep)

Right in the middle; 55 cents more, for a total score of 85 cents, which is going to be tough to beat.  Right over there, cornelius.

DING(applause)

Now GSNSmashFan3 is going to spin the wheel!

(beeps)

GSNSmashFan is trying to beat 85 cents to take over the lead.  In GSNSmashFan's first spin, he has…

(beep)

Sixty-five cents, spin again!

(beeps)

What will we add to that 65?  This is looking pretty interesting, if that quarter comes on down…

(beep)

And it did, for a score of 90 cents;  GSNSmashFan3 is now in the lead!

DING(applause)

kassilynn, it's your turn to spin the wheel, good luck!

(Please submit two numbers from 1 to 20)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 01:34:37 AM by goldroadfanatic »

Offline kassilynn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #74 on: July 23, 2012, 11:39:35 AM »
Okay, uh...

My Uncle in the Audience: "Com'on, Nephew !  You can do it !"

8 and 11 *fingers crossed*
"Say whatever you want to about me, my artwork, etc, I don't really care.
If you don't want me or even like me, then I'm DAMN sure am not gonna let myself want OR
like YOU !"

^ That's my message to all you haters and people who are negative when it comes to me.