Author Topic: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #26  (Read 21642 times)

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #26: SCSD2
« Reply #120 on: August 01, 2012, 03:50:33 PM »
9 and 20

Cyclone, you're lucky I was at work early today, you just might've lost your spin. ;-)
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #121 on: August 01, 2012, 09:26:03 PM »
9 and 20

Cyclone, you're lucky I was at work early today, you just might've lost your spin. ;-)

Pssh, it's not like we actually get the prizes.  I'm still waiting for that million dollars...;)

Cyclone

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #122 on: August 01, 2012, 10:10:43 PM »
(beeps)

thepriceis_J already won a car and would love to unseat Cyclone from the lead.  The wheel is slowing down on…

(beep)

A dime, which is far from enough, spin again!

(beeps)

This is the deciding spin of the showcase showdown, there goes the 80 and this isn't looking good.

(beep)

A total of seventy cents won't do it; thanks for being on the show, thepriceis_J.

(applause)(Dig We Must 2007)

Cyclone, you made it through to the showcase!  We'll be right back with The Price is Right showcases, don't go away!
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #26: Showcases
« Reply #123 on: August 01, 2012, 10:34:56 PM »
(applause)

Here we go, it's time for the showcases!  The top winner in today's showcase is Cyclone!

(applause)

And the runner up is GSNSmashFan3!

(applause)

Each of you will have a showcase of fine prizes to bid on and the one of you who bids nearest to the actual retail price of your own showcase without going over will win it.  But if you're the winner and you're $250 or less away from the retail price of your own showcase, you will win both showcases!

(applause)

Cyclone, as the top winner, you can bid on this showcase or pass it to GSNSmashFan and wait for the second showcase.  Without further ado, here is the first showcase!

(Gypsy Music)(Janice as Fortune Teller)

Your showcase contains prizes revealed as our girls receive tarot readings from our mechanical priceless fortune telling machine!  First, Holly inserts her coin into the slot and receives the "Wheel of Fortune" card, which foretells the amazing journey she had riding these new bicycles!

(applause)(Dian and Kathleen ride them out)

From Schwinn Bicycles, two bicycles, one for him and one for her, from the Sierra 24 line.  Features updated Schwinn comfort aluminum frame & Suntour NEX4110 suspension fork for a comfortable and durable ride, Shimano Alivio/Altus components with 24-speed drivetrain for quick shifting, and the Schwinn Comfort saddle with suspension seatpost and Kraton grips to smooth out the bumps!

Next, Kathleen inserts her money into the slot and the mechanical fortune teller reveals "The Tower," which makes Kathleen think of something hanging over her head, from above, something like the roof of your new shed!

(applause)(door #1 opens)(Kathleen models it)

The Cabana is an excellent multipurpose garden shed. Ideal as a playhouse, poolside retreat, workshop or storage building for garden or pool equipment. The Cabana has a 9'x6' floor with two windows with screens, two flower boxes, and included is a 31-inch wide functional dutch door.  Constructed in Western Red Cedar, and with a 2' x 3' Mahogany Veneer frame construction on the interior panels, from Gazebodepot.com!

Finally, Dian approaches the machine and inserts her coin.  The machine brings up the card "The Chariot," which is appropriate as it highlights Dian's desire to race around others in a brand new sportscar!

(door #2 opens)(cheers and applause)(Passing Lane)(Dian models it)

The 2012 Dodge Challenger SXT!  It comes with standard features plus a 1-year subscription to XM Satellite Radio!

And this showcase, which contains prizes revealed as our models pay a visit to our fortune telling machine, can be yours if the price is right!

Cyclone, do you want to bid on this showcase or pass it to GSNSmashFan3?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:40:21 PM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #124 on: August 01, 2012, 11:07:17 PM »
Gotta bid on that.

That's a mid-$20K car I think, so I will go with $28,000.

Cyclone

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #125 on: August 01, 2012, 11:36:49 PM »
Cyclone bids $28,000 on his showcase.

DING(applause)

Now GSNSmashFan3, have a look at your showcase!

(Starcrossed)

GSNSmashFan3, your showcase begins with this lovely new living room!

(applause)(door #3 opens)(Dian models it)

The graceful style of the Tanya living room group from Broyhill says you appreciate the classics, but like to add your own personal decorating touches. Traditional details and an eye-catching color fit your style effortlessly. Classic rolled arms, boxed cushions, and pleated skirt are timeless details, featured in a luxurious sueded red microfiber and two floral accent pillows.  This set includes a sofa, chair, ottoman, and accent chair, from Broyhill!

Underneath this new living room group is this new carpeting! 

From Carpet One, 25 square yards of Garden Square carpet by Millcraft is made for real life with very durable level loop construction that stands up to high traffic in style.

And for the little ones, this fabulous dollhouse!

(applause)(Kathleen wheels it out)

From Real Good Toys, the Queen Anne dollhouse features a grand entryway and unique, assembled windows and doors put this beautiful dollhouse in a league of its own!  With precision workmanship and sturdy construction of 3/8 inch thick milled clapboard exterior walls and grooved sidewalls for guaranteed fit and durability, the large, well shaped rooms and moldings are smoothly shaped for an exquisite finish!

And after playtime, head out on these terrific new dunebuggys!

(cheers and applause)(door #2 opens)(Holly models them)

From BMS MotorSprots, these Power Buggy 250's each come with a 17 horsepower, 244cc Honda engine plus fully Automatic CVT Engine + Reverse, aluminum alloy wheels, roof Lights, windshield, MP3 speaker, rear differential, roof canopy with rear luggage deck, two side mirrors and tachometer and fuel gauges!

And GSNSmashFan3, this showcase can be yours if the price is right!

Look at all those prizes, get a good feeling of each of their prices and give me your bid, GSN!

Offline GSNSmashFan3

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My game show collection.
« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2012, 12:58:06 AM »
Oh, I'm not very certain at all, but I will go out on a limb and say $12,200.

*prepares self for a major garf*
HYO Winnings:
$46,241.21 (Participated in 6 games; on stage 4 times)

I love Clock Game!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2012, 01:05:23 AM »
GSNSmashFan bids $12,200.

DING(applause)(2007 main theme)

As you recall, Cyclone bid $28,000 on his showcase.  Who has bid better, find out after this!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 01:07:42 AM by goldroadfanatic »

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #26: The End
« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2012, 01:29:44 AM »

GSNSmashFan3, you bid $12,200 on your showcase, and the actual retail price of your showcase is…$21,581, for a difference of…

DING(applause)

Nine thousand three hundred eighty-one dollars.  Cyclone, you must be closer to the price of your showcase without going over.  Your bid is $28,000 and Cyclone, the actual retail price of your showcase is…$30,170, for a difference of…

DING

Twenty-one seventy, you're the winner!

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING(cheers and applause)(2007 main theme)

Cyclone, you've won over $38,000 in prizes, including that piano you won earlier, congratulations!  There is no question or shadow of a doubt that this show has now awarded over $2 million in cash and prizes.  We can't do it without you, folks; this is goldroadfanatic saying goodbye, everybody!

This is George Gray speaking for The Price is Right!

A Mark Goodson-Bill Todman Production!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #26: The End
« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2012, 01:36:57 AM »
A pretty fun show and congratulations to everyone; nobody lost their games!  Here are the stats:

Games: 5 for 6 with 1 bailout

Winnings By Contestant:

kassilynn: $21,664
GSNSmashFan3: $8,033
cornelius: $3,545
Cyclone: $38,572
thepriceis_J: $19,189
Hag: $6,319

Total Show Winnings: $97,322

Notes:
*Step Up is played for the second time in this series.  It was played all the way back on episode #8 in 2007, where the contestant bailed out after two prizes were won.  Bonkers and Let 'em Roll also saw their second playings ever in this show (their first playings were in episodes #11 and #6, respectively), and their first ever wins in this series.
*Card Game and Secret "X" were played for their third times in this series.  This is the first win in Card Game ever and this is the first Secret "X" win since episode #2 in 2006.  Both games were previously played in episode #17.
*Had I not played Pass the Buck on episode #23, I would have played it here, to have the trifecta of Season 30 games in one show.
*I've broken the $2 million mark in winnings ($2,048,239), thanks to everyone who helped this series reach that milestone.
*This will probably be the last show until November or so, when I hope to time it right to make a holiday-themed show, something I've never done here.

As always any questions or comments are welcome.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 01:43:47 AM by goldroadfanatic »

Offline GSNSmashFan3

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My game show collection.
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2012, 07:02:27 AM »
Was that showcase really over $20,000? Wow, that's all I can say.

Ah well. I had a lot of fun, though. I also get to update my signature for the first time in well over a year.
HYO Winnings:
$46,241.21 (Participated in 6 games; on stage 4 times)

I love Clock Game!

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2012, 08:17:08 AM »
Was that showcase really over $20,000? Wow, that's all I can say.

Ah well. I had a lot of fun, though. I also get to update my signature for the first time in well over a year.

Must've been the dune buggies.  Did you only bid on one of them? ;)

(Teasing of course.)

Cyclone