Author Topic: TheGRVOfLightning`s Price Is Right - "The REAL Episode 1" - PG3  (Read 15981 times)

Offline TheGRVOfLightning

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • This is my favourite game.
Re: TheGRVOfLightning`s Price Is Right - "The REAL Episode 1" - PG3
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2012, 05:51:39 PM »
Has he got the right price on the pitcher? Phil

Phil: No He Hasnt
Ty: Go up the mountain then, Yodelling Guy
Ty: Wow! $1 off, Well Done, GuyWithFace
Ty: and Now the price off the Ice Sphere please

GuyWithFace, You`re up
My sports teams are

AFL (Australia): North Melbourne, NRL: Melbourne Storm, NHL: Anaheim Ducks, AHL: San Diego Gulls, NBA: Los Angeles Lakers, NFL: San Francisco 49ers, MLB: Boston Red Sox, MLS: LA Galaxy, Super Rugby: Melbourne Rebels, Big Bash League: Melbourne Stars, A-League: Melbourne Victory, ABL (Australian Baseball League): Melbourne Aces, AIHL (Australian Ice Hockey League): Melbourne Ice, NBL (National Basketball League [Australia]): Melbourne United, Premier League: Manchester United

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2012, 06:12:05 PM »
Hold, hold.  He needs a generic description of the three items, doesn't he?

And yes, destroy his computer. :evil:

Cyclone

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2012, 08:05:02 PM »
And yes, destroy his computer. :evil:
Not. Helping. Sir.

So the beverage pitcher is either $16 or $18. (Helpful hint: if you have prices, reveal them; do not say "You said $17 and are $1 off, now give me the price of the next item." You also forgot to reveal your full Any number setup.) For a lot of winning, this first show is rather rough.

But back to the game and the Ice Sphere of Nil Description...$29. This is pure guesswork, mind you.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline 03F5man

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2012, 08:51:10 PM »
How come i was not askd 4 my bid i was calld on dwn 2 the 2nd iufb

Online sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2012, 09:06:20 PM »
How come i was not askd 4 my bid i was calld on dwn 2 the 2nd iufb

yes, that's a good question
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2012, 11:43:03 PM »
I hate to backseat moderate here, but sidey, I gotta call this show out. It's a mess, and this is not what GR was founded on or intended to be. This would've been shut down at least 2 weeks ago by Frank, if he still ran the section; I urge you to do the same. this isn't a slight on you, as I think you're one of our better members, it just needs to be said. In just 6 pages, look at all these faults and tell me you're okay with letting a game go on like this:

First off, the premise; the guy (GRV) not only didn't read the rules and started his own, with no script submitted. You allow him a chance to host after that, with a script, which I respectfully disagree with, but your call. Additionally, he in NO WAY meets the "20%+ in other sections" rule that has been in place since 2006, if frequently unenforced. I'm highly in favor of this rule, but if you don't want to keep it, sidey, just delete it to get rid of this double standard.

Second, the 1st IUFB. You don't need a picture really, or all that specific of a descriptor, though they are preferred, after all just look at Army's old shows. Granted, a picture WAS added, but there's no reason to need to be reminded of that; either use a picture or don't.. The problem with segment is that there was NO announcer, and no sense of conventions used, not just here but throughout the show thus far. This is unacceptable. It's like reading through a 2nd grader's diary. This being accepted from a site that had contact at one point with Executive Producer of the actual show.

PG1, Superball!: This needed grammar, badly, big shock. You yourself had issues with how the Superball SP segment works. That should've been a red flag at the bare minimum, not having to consult/guide him through the segment. The win her, felt, well, odd, almost like what RCPlanes quoted. Not exactly, but dang if it's not similar.

IUFB2: Okay, why was 03F5 asked for his bid? Good god.

PG2: This was not good. Not only was there tech issues, in revealing an erroneous digit, but in fact to rush the game, 4 numbers were picked at once. This is hurful to the contestant's odds of winning, and should've been called out by you.

IUFB3: "(NOTE: As RCPlanes59 left until IUFB6 there will be 3 bidders in IUFB rounds, Until IUFB6)" WHY? There's spare contesants, use them. This is grounds for locking, if not for the other crap above.

PG3: This fake dilogue... erm, okay, WTF? Not cool. Then the not Price reveal, and basically everything GWF said. What a freaking mess; watch THIS get worse.

Please, end this trainwreck, and try to restore some sanity to this site- it's a shell of what it once was with all the games that are NOT golden-road in OILF by locking/killing this. Thanks, and I'm sure all of the other old guard agrees.

Best Regards,

~Prizes

PS: You wanna know my honest reasons I signed up for this show? Because it was going to fall flat on its face, and the fail would be too much to not laugh at. Unsurprisingly, I'm right.
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. —Ken Poirot

Finally made it in life!

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #81 on: July 23, 2012, 04:01:59 AM »
Ok back to the show the pitcher was $16 by the way, now to the Ice Sphere, Phil is that price of $29 right

Phil: No it isnt Ty
Ty: Go up the moutain Yodelling Guy
Ty: Well the guy is at number 9 and The price of that ice sphere is $37

Now the price of that mod telephone please
My sports teams are

AFL (Australia): North Melbourne, NRL: Melbourne Storm, NHL: Anaheim Ducks, AHL: San Diego Gulls, NBA: Los Angeles Lakers, NFL: San Francisco 49ers, MLB: Boston Red Sox, MLS: LA Galaxy, Super Rugby: Melbourne Rebels, Big Bash League: Melbourne Stars, A-League: Melbourne Victory, ABL (Australian Baseball League): Melbourne Aces, AIHL (Australian Ice Hockey League): Melbourne Ice, NBL (National Basketball League [Australia]): Melbourne United, Premier League: Manchester United

Offline 03F5man

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #82 on: July 23, 2012, 10:51:18 AM »
i should b a little more specific i was not askd 4 my bid on the 3rd iufb

Online sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #83 on: July 23, 2012, 12:54:31 PM »
I hate to backseat moderate here, but sidey, I gotta call this show out. It's a mess, and this is not what GR was founded on or intended to be.....

I agree with just about everything prizes stated in his post.  Prizes is a long-standing member, and has participated in many shows.  This show suffers from many flaws, which add up to a total mess.  GRVO is a first-time host, so I often try to cut some slack, but he is running out of slack.

I have had many first-time hosts in the past year ask to host shows, and let this show be a lesson to all of you.  Hosting a show well takes more preparation than you think.  You don't need to have graphics, but if you don't, then the writing needs to be spot-on.  Sloppy mistakes really shouldn't happen.

I'm very torn on what to do with this one.  It's summertime, so interest often dives as people don't pay attention to the show so much.  This is a good time to let the people speak. 

I invite all of you to vote on the future of this show.  Send me a personal message and vote either YES! (the show should continue) or NO! (this show should end).  I will accept votes until 6pm this evening. 

And, to GRVO, I have sent you a number of suggestions for improving your show.  Some you have heeded, some you haven't.  It's not as easy as it seems to host. 

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #84 on: July 23, 2012, 02:56:31 PM »
PG2: This was not good. Not only was there tech issues, in revealing an erroneous digit, but in fact to rush the game, 4 numbers were picked at once. This is hurful to the contestant's odds of winning, and should've been called out by you.

I know the intend was to speed the game up, but I agree it should not have been rushed.  Leave it to the contestant to speed it up if anything; for instance, in Card Game, I picked the first two cards together, then the next two, and so on.  In this case, I was going to pick 8, then 9, then 5 NEway.  Notice then that I said go one at a time (granted someone else said it first, but I would have called it there).

Cyclone

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #85 on: July 23, 2012, 05:03:01 PM »
People hate this show so much im going to do a first of 2012 in HYO I will quit this show Immedieatly
My sports teams are

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #86 on: July 23, 2012, 08:21:26 PM »
People hate this show so much im going to do a first of 2012 in HYO I will quit this show Immedieatly
This is most certainly not the path to go down, sir. If you stop hosting because of criticism (justifiable or not), you would be the lesser person.

Certainly there has been a lot of criticism of this show (lack of any real prize script, errors in spelling/punctuation/capitalization, putting words into my mouth in a manner in which I do not speak, and what comes across as a host who has not seen any of the games he is using {for instance, using the announcer to say whether a guess is correct in Cliff Hangers; there are dings and buzzes for that reason}), but that means you learn from it and continue onward with your show.

I personally would like for this show to continue, but not because I am playing; rather, as I believe it shall be a valuable learning experience for you -- and because I would most certainly like to see what else you have in store. :-)

====

As there has not yet been a ruling by Sideshow, and you have asked me for a price, I shall follow the rules of this forum. The mountain climber is on 9, so I am able to miss the price of the mod telephone by as much as $16 one way or the other. As the ice sphere was $37, I shall say that the telephone is $53.

(And should I win, I would like to how how much the computer prize package is worth, something you should have mentioned at the beginning of the game; I keep track of my HYO winnings, as my signature would suggest.)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2012, 08:34:51 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Online sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #87 on: July 23, 2012, 08:41:11 PM »
This show is closed....and now it is locked.....