Author Topic: A New Pricing Game, Maybe  (Read 2064 times)

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
A New Pricing Game, Maybe
« on: August 02, 2012, 02:56:15 AM »
The name of it would be Mystery Digit. It would be played for a three digit prize, two four digit prizes and a car, behind a door. The game would be positioned like Master Key, starting at the turntable and moving to center stage.

Each time the game would be played, the overall theme would be a digit, in the following example it will be 5. On the turntable, there would be five SP''s all missing one digit. The contestant would have to decide if the missing digit is the mystery digit, once again in this case 5. For every one correct, they would get a ticket.

After this part is completed, we move to the main board in the center of the stage. In each of the four prizes trying to be won, each one has the mystery digit in its price once. The contestant must choose which one it is. For every mistake made, it cost them a ticket. The game is over when they win the car or they make a mistake with no tickets left, in which they leave with what they have. I hope my example make it clearer

Mystery Digit

Today it is a 5

In each price, is the missing number the mystery digit, 5?
                             Guess     Actual
Sunglasses...$_0        YES        $50       Ticket
Blender........$8_         NO        $85          
DVD............$2_        YES        $25       Ticket
Toaster.......$_9         NO        $39        Ticket
Mop............$_0         NO        $10        Ticket

You have four tickets, which will help you to win a Wii video game pack, a hot tub, a trip to Jamaica and a Fiat Pop

Video Game Pack.....$_ _ _   
Hot Tub..............$_ _ _ _
Jamaica..............$_ _ _ _
Car..................$_ _ _ _ _

So keeping up with the theme, in the price of the video games, where is the 5? (guesses position 2)

Video Game Pack.....$8 5 9   
Hot Tub..............$_ _ _ _

Correct! Now how about the hot tub? (guesses position 4)

Hot Tub..............$_ _ _ 8

Wrong, you have three tickets remaining, (guesses position 2)

Video Game Pack.....$8 5
Hot Tub..............$6 5 9 8

Correct, now how about Jamaica? (guesses position 3)

Jamaica..............$_ _ 7 _

Wrong, two tickets left, (guesses position 4)

Jamaica..............$7 3 7 5

Right, now you have 2 chances at the car, (guesses position 5)

Car..................$_ _ _ _ 2

One last guess, (guesses position 3)

Car..................$1 5 9 8 2

Sorry, you should have picked the second position, but you
get to keep the first three prizes

Offline TheFuture1105

• In the Audience
Re: A New Pricing Game, Maybe
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 12:04:57 PM »
Really, this is like two games in one.  The portion when you attempt to win the tickets could be one game and the portion where you guess where the mystery digit is in the big prizes could be another game.  It's an interesting game when combined though.

I'd knock down the number of tickets you can win from five to three (and give one for free).  As it is if you win all the tickets and you guess correctly on the three-digit and the two four-digit prizes you're guaranteed the car.  You'd have five chances to find the mystery digit in a five-digit car.  The player in that case could essentially just mail it in.  Not great TV.

Why three plus one for free though?  Giving the contestant one free ticket ensures the second portion of the game will be played.  Giving the contestant the chance to win only three more will ensure that he/she has to give an effort to win the car even if the rest of the game was played perfectly.

I like how there is no bailout option in this game.  I don't think allowing a losing contestant to keep the prizes they've won already will be a big issue.  With a car at stake the contestant won't be complacent with the prizes they've accumulated.

One other small thing:  I'd probably change the name to "Mystery Number."  The word "digit" is more of a mathematical term and isn't as appealing for TV.  Otherwise this is a good idea for a game.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 12:53:28 PM »
Thanks for the revisions, i appreciate it. :-)

Another game I thought could work was Extremes, it would be played for $10,000. Their would be 7 or 8 boxes each accompanied by a grocery item. Most of the boxes would be empty, but the two boxes next to the extremes, the least expensive and the most expensive grocery items, would each have $5,000. The only possible amounts you could win are $0, $5,000 or the $10,000

Offline greg

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 10:19:22 AM »
They both sound interesting...I think I would find a way to do away withe the turntable portion of the game to speed it up....