Author Topic: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 10 (MDS 4)  (Read 19996 times)

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 10 (MDS 4): PG6
« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2012, 04:21:56 PM »
You're starting out with $27,460... (hits button #5)

BUZZ!

...and that's wrong. You're up to #6 now. (RCPlanes59 writes 27640) $27,640... (hits button #6)

BUZZ!

...is not correct. You're at #7. Don't give up, you can still win this!

Offline RCPlanes59

• Double Showcase Winner
    • YouTube
« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2012, 05:58:54 PM »
Oh boy...

$26,740 followed by $26,470
Season 8 (2011-12) CSS 3rd Place

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #107 on: August 24, 2012, 08:16:41 PM »
Next up is $26,740... (hits button #7)

BUZZ!

...and you're wrong again. This is your eighth chance. (RCPlanes59 writes 26470) $26,470... (hits button #8)

BUZZ!

...and that's not right, either. You have two more chances left.

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2012, 09:35:50 PM »
yells from the audience: Yukon's aren't cheap: Try $46,720 or $47,620!

Offline RCPlanes59

• Double Showcase Winner
    • YouTube
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2012, 10:03:52 PM »
yells from the audience: Yukon's aren't cheap: Try $46,720 or $47,620!

Pathfinder, if you're wrong I'm going to be upset.

Teddy, the above guesses please.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2012, 10:43:58 PM »
All right, you now have $46,720... (hits button #9)

BUZZ!

...but that's not it. Now this is your last chance to win that SUV. Think about what the price could be, then write it down! (RCPlanes59 writes 47620) This is it, the moment of truth. $47,620, is RCPlanes59 a winner? (hits button #10)

BUZZ!/Losing Horns

NO! Darn it, I really wanted you to win that SUV. Let's see the right price. It was... (hits #10 again)

$42,670

...$42,670. But you won the first two prizes, as well as your One Bid, and you'll be spinning the Big Wheel shortly.

(applause)

(TPIR Theme 2007)

Now I present to you Moment #4. This one is from Episode 9, when GuyWithFace played Hole in One. Good thing the game allows two putts, because otherwise he wouldn't have won the car. Let's watch him beat those odds again.

(Episode 9: Hole in One Miracle!)

Well, it looks like you're ready to putt. This is for a new car! Good luck, I hope you make it.

(GuyWithFace putts ball towards hole, but misses)

BUZZ!

(audience groans)

You didn't get the car, but you still get another try, because the name of the game is Hole in One...(hits button on sign to flip it around)...or Two! (applause) Now, focus on making it this time. It's all or nothing. Here we go.

(GuyWithFace putts ball towards hole again, and this time, ball falls in)

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!

(wild cheers and applause)

(TPIR Theme 2007)

It's a miracle! You won the car on the second try! What a finish! We'll try to get another winner after this.

Showcase Showdown #2 after this.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 10 (MDS 4): SCSD2
« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2012, 10:58:40 PM »
(MDS Consolation Prize Cue)

GEORGE: Contestants not appearing on stage will receive a gift certificate from Subway. Order any sandwich you want with the ingredients you want. Eating fresh never tasted this good. Subway, eat fresh. And a gift certificate from Cold Stone Creamery. Choose from a large selection of ice cream flavors, cakes and pies at one of the sweetest places in the world, Cold Stone Creamery. And now here's Teddy with our Showcase Showdown!

I thank you, George! Now, I have GuyWithFace, RCPlanes59 and Flerbert419 ready to spin the Big Wheel. Get a dollar in one spin or a combination of two spins, you'll get $5,000 and a Bonus Spin. And in your Bonus Spin, you'll win $25,000 for a green section, and $50,000 for the dollar! (cheers) And in case you missed the first Showcase Showdown, we gave away $85,000 in cash, and we'd like to at least match that total, if not surpass it.

SPINNING ORDER:
GuyWithFace: $2,500
RCPlanes59: $2,550
Flerbert419: $3,500

You know what to do. Give me two numbers between 1 and 20, as well as your minimum stopping score. Good luck to all three of you!

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2012, 11:27:20 PM »
I'll take 18 and 19, stop when I beat the leader.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #113 on: August 25, 2012, 08:21:16 AM »
13 and 2. Stop at 60+.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline RCPlanes59

• Double Showcase Winner
    • YouTube
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 10 (MDS 4): SDSC2
« Reply #114 on: August 25, 2012, 07:28:51 PM »
5 and 9, stop at 55 and above if tied or beat GWF.

(ex. I have 50 to his 50 - spin. I have 55 to his 55 - stay.)

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 10 (MDS 4): SCSD2
« Reply #115 on: August 25, 2012, 10:02:24 PM »
GuyWithFace will spin the wheel first.

(wheel beeps)

Contestant nearest to a dollar without going over will be in the Showcase, and GuyWithFace, your first spin is going to be worth...Could it be a dollar again? Go on...GO ON...

(audience groans)

OH!!! We've been having lots of close calls here tonight, especially at the wheel. I know for sure you'd like to spin again? Well, go for it.

(wheel beeps)

If you can get 95 cents, you'll have a dollar. There it goes. And I don't think it'll come back again, but you do have...

...a quarter, for a total of 30 cents.

DING!

Now it's RCPlanes59's turn to spin.

(wheel beeps)

Around and around it goes, and it's going to come to a stop on...

...30 cents. Now that ties GuyWithFace, but Flerbert419 is still waiting his turn to spin. I believe you will spin again. Sure, why not?

(wheel beeps)

Now we're looking for 70 or less. 70 or less, and it looks like you are going to get...oh, not 80! Get off that 80!

MRRRRRRRRP!

You are over by a dime, and I'm sorry, but I hope you had fun tonight. Now Flerbert419 will spin.

(wheel beeps)

Flerbert419 is trying to beat 30 cents, and I believe he will, with 75 cents.

And you don't want to spin anymore, do you? No, he says that's it. See you in the Showcase, Flerbert419.

(cheers and applause)

Now, I present to you Moment #3. It comes at the end of Episode 9, with one of the biggest winners in the history of my series. Let's take a look.

(Episode 9: Winning Big)

Welcome back to the show! It's time to find out who wins their Showcase today. RCPlanes59, we're going to start with you. You had the cowboy gear, a trip to Nashville and a Ford F150; you bid $32,000. Actual retail price: $33,017, for a difference of...

DING!

...$1,017. (applause) Now GuyWithFace, you must come closer than that without going over in order to win your Showcase. You had an HD camcorder, plus trips to Orlando, Las Vegas and London. Your bid was $21,700, and the actual retail price is: (low, sad voice) $20,974.

MRRRRRRRRP!

You are over, and RCPlanes59 wins!

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!

(wild cheers and applause)

(TPIR Theme 2007)

RCPlanes59 has cleaned up today, with a total of $77,936 worth of prizes, including a Lincoln and that truck. What an incredible run!

(Dig We Must 2007)

We'll have the Showcases on the other side of this break! You don't want to miss it, so stay tuned.

(SN: For the first time in the history of this HYO series, the Showcase will feature two former winners. Flerbert419 won his Showcase in my first-ever episode back in 2008, and wpghi5 did the same in my first MDS, which was also my second episode, later that year.)

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 10 (MDS 4): Showcases
« Reply #116 on: August 25, 2012, 11:14:50 PM »
Welcome back to the show! wpghi5 is the Top Winner, and Flerbert419 is the Runner-Up. Each of you will have a Showcase of lovely prizes to bid on, and the one of you who bids nearest to the actual retail price without going over will win it. And, if you are the winner, and $1,000 or less away from the retail price of your won Showcase, guess what? We will give you both Showcases...and a million dollars!

(Million-Dollar Game reveal stinger)

("$1,000,000" spins on screen)

(cheers and applause)

Now let's take a look at the first Showcase, because it could go to either one of you. Good luck!

(2003 Showcase Cue #1)

GEORGE: This Showcase has the first five prizes in honor of the celebration of Teddy's 10th show, and it all begins with this collection of swimsuits! (Rachel, Amber and Gwendolyn model them) (applause)

Impress everyone on the beach or at the pool with this stunning collection of swimsuits. And you can pack these swimsuits on your trip to beautiful Hawaii! (Amber models it) (cheers and applause)

You and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to Honolulu, Hawaii, for a six-night stay at the Sheraton Honolulu. Conveniently located in downtown Honolulu, it's just minutes away from the major shops, museums and attractions, and offers breathtaking views of the picturesque Hawaiian landscape. Daily continental breakfast included. Next, we're sending you to another charming, exotic place, exciting Jamaica! (Gwendolyn models it) (cheers and applause)

You and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to Kingston, Jamaica, for a six-night stay at the Royal Jamaican Hotel. Centrally located in the heart of Kingston, and minutes away from all major attractions. Daily continental breakfast included. Finally, here's something I bet you'll love to have in your garage, two new cars! (MDS Car Cue) (Rachel models them) (wild cheers and applause)

They're a 2012 Chevrolet Camaro and a 2012 Dodge Challenger, where classic styling and modern technology come together beautifully. Both come with standard features, plus AM/FM/CD stereo with SiriusXM Satellite Radio and engine block heater. And there you have it, a collection of swimsuits, plus trips to Hawaii and Jamaica, and two new cars. This Showcase can be yours, but only if the price is right!

Thanks, George! Now, wpghi5, since you won the most, you can either bid on this Showcase, or pass it to Flerbert419. What are you going to do?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 11:25:09 PM by Teddy »

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #117 on: August 26, 2012, 12:39:58 PM »
I'm going to bid on it Teddy and take the risk and say $82,000!  :embarassed: :evil:

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #118 on: August 26, 2012, 11:59:31 PM »
Very well then, $82,000 is your bid.

$82,000
WPGHI5

DING!

And now, Flerbert419, this is your Showcase!

(Showcase 2007)

GEORGE: Flerbert419, your Showcase features five more prizes as we continue to salute Teddy and his ten shows. And it all starts with this satellite radio tuner. (Amber models it) (applause)

Listen to the latest and greatest music, news, sports and entertainment channels anywhere with this portable SiriusXM satellite radio tuner. Next, we're sending you to the home of Starbucks and grunge, fabulous Seattle! (Amber models it) (cheers and applause)

You and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to Seattle for a six-night stay at the Ritz Carlton. Located just steps from the major attractions, including Pike Place and the Space Needle, and also offers spectacular views of Mt. Rainier. Daily continental breakfast included. Then it's on to the birthplace of jazz, which would be none other than charming New Orleans! (Rachel models it) (cheers and applause)

You and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to New Orleans for a six-night stay at a luxury hotel located in the French Quarter. Continental breakfast and room service are included. Then, put on your dancing shoes and head for the hottest nightclubs in Miami! (Gwendolyn models it) (cheers and applause)

you and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to Miami, Florida, where you will spend six nights at the Hilton South Beach. Located just steps from the South Beach entertainment district, and provides spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean! And finally, move to your favorite songs as you cruise down the road in your new Cadillac! (Grandeur) (Amber models it) (cheers and applause)

It's the 2012 Cadillac XTS sedan, with full-size luxury and all the modern technology to boot. Comes with standard features, 3.6-liter V6 engine with 6-speed automatic transmission, AM/FM/CD stereo with 12-disc CD changer and SiriusXM Satellite Radio, OnStar roadside assistance, power moonroof, cargo net and engine block heater. And there you go, a satellite radio tuner, plus trips to Seattle, New Orleans and Miami, and a new Cadillac. And this Showcase, which is all a part of our salute to Teddy's ten shows, can be yours if the price is right.

Flerbert419, I await your bid.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #119 on: August 27, 2012, 12:56:42 AM »
Lucky 7's: $77,777.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024