Author Topic: Should Check-Out go back to the $1.00 range?  (Read 3045 times)

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
Should Check-Out go back to the $1.00 range?
« on: August 04, 2012, 09:43:33 AM »
I think the game is starting to become too easy. I know people have lost this game plenty of times, but the people winning are getting lucky because their overpricing and underpricing on the products are canceling out. TPIR is supposed to reward good pricing. Does anyone else agree with me?

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Should Check-Out go back to the $1.00 range?
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 09:46:48 AM »
Plus Drew can be believed when he says it's a hard game  :-)

Offline RCPlanes59

• Double Showcase Winner
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 10:02:42 AM »
but the people winning are getting lucky because their overpricing and underpricing on the products are canceling out.

Changing the range wouldn't change this, this is just the nature of the game. Ultimately the game is intended to simulate a grocery store check-out, and while the individual products may be overpriced and underpriced, the game is gauged to test the contestant's ability to price multiple grocery items as a whole, which is a much more accurate real-world simulation than simply knowing what a can of Food X costs.
Season 8 (2011-12) CSS 3rd Place

Offline sayingsorry

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 12:25:18 PM »
I think the range today is just fine. With the different products they use today compared to what they used 10-15 years ago the prices vary so much they could have a 15 pack of something and the price could be way highter or lower compared to A 10 pack etc and the prices are so widely out there that they can easily cause a loss in the game. Season 40 allergy relief sticks out to me right away

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 04:39:03 PM »
I think the range today is just fine. With the different products they use today compared to what they used 10-15 years ago the prices vary so much they could have a 15 pack of something and the price could be way higher or lower compared to A 10 pack etc and the prices are so widely out there that they can easily cause a loss in the game. Season 40 allergy relief sticks out to me right away
I think the $2 range suits this game fine too. After all, Grocery Game and Bullseye had their own ranges adjusted for the same reasons listed above, and they're both fine as they are as well.

Offline John92

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2012, 06:29:31 PM »
The ranges are in the words of Fred Rogers "just the way they are."