Author Topic: Season 41 Change. Surprise! Well...Not Really.  (Read 15033 times)

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Season 41 Change. Surprise! Well...Not Really.
« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2012, 05:02:38 PM »
Not different in terms of prior years, different in terms of the lineup at that time. Installing Deal was different in a historical context as it was, and by the standards of what CBS had done over the years, so was The Talk. There's a good business case for having the talk genre represented when it's demonstrably successful as a format.

It's also logical to end up with a talk show in a slot that leads into compatible talk programming on many, not all but many, of your most important stations.

Offline Combs

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #121 on: August 04, 2012, 05:34:54 AM »
Heavens no, we can't pretend it's not 1972 anymore, can we?  :D

...or early-mid 2007, sadly. I may be stuck in the past regarding TPIR, but not 40-41 years as you suggest. Just 5-6 years.

Offline stardf29

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #122 on: August 04, 2012, 03:02:21 PM »
Eh, whatever. I mean, I prefer female models to male models, in mostly the same way I prefer animation to live-action; I have nothing against either and I'm definitely not going to go up in arms about the additional testosterone beside the prizes, though I'm not going to be praising the addition either.

Though, didn't Bill Cullen Price use male models?