Author Topic: What To Do When Price Is Not On(In Terms Of Interruption And/Or Lengthy Special Reports)?  (Read 3681 times)

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
I would like to know from everyone what you guys do when TPIR is either interrupted or cut off completely due to special reports? Do you watch what's going on or do you something else completely. Me I do a combination of both yet I prefer something like playing with my cards than watch what the report is.

Offline luckymee

• In the Audience
I myself channel surf, I never really thought anything about it before.
luckymee / kadwash@comcast.net

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
Well, I usually do two things when "Price" is interrupted:

1. Tell some wild stories in Daytime Chat

2. Go study for the next exam... :-(
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
Typically, we play "Deal or No Deal" in Daytime Chat during pre-emptions and reruns.  Various people (myself included) have hosted, but heels is always "The Banker".

If anybody here is interested in a game of DOND on New Year's Day (Monday) at 11 AM Eastern, let me know.  :-)
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline temptation1979ga

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The Price is Right episode trading
I change the channel, unless it's some MAJOR breaking news, which, 90% of the time, it isn't...and I'd imagine about 90% of the people either change the channel or "get up and do something else for a while."  It is just common sense to me.  Think about it.  Everyone watching CBS at that time is tuned in to see Price is Right, not some news report.  When news comes on, the channel gets changed.  If I wanted news, I'd have watched a news channel.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
temptation1979ga wrote:

I change the channel, unless it's some MAJOR breaking news, which, 90% of the time, it isn't...and I'd imagine about 90% of the people either change the channel or "get up and do something else for a while."

Oh, come now, Carlos...everyone knows the proper phrasing is, "mute the TV and go to do something else for a few minutes."
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
Better yet, this is what I would do to my TV if "Price" was interrupted:

(INSERT "SHOOT YOUR TV" HERE!!)   :lol:  :lol:
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline junkaholic95

• Taking a Bonus Spin
This one's easy!  Switch over to Password Plus and if need be, $100,000 Pyramid.  Then, keep checking to see if Price is back on!

Offline RobertSearcy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
I just fool around, keep an eye on the daytime chat (to be sure the lil' twerps stay in line  :-D ), and just browse the internet (or try to sell something on EBay *cough*look-for-stuff-from-snorlax4280-more-goodies-other-than-old-Pokemon-cards-coming-soon*cough*, talk with a good friend of mine on MySpace, or something).

As for Bully's idea....do it only when the Prez is babbling his head off.  :lol: