Author Topic: Pay The Rent Suggestion  (Read 14273 times)

Offline mrbrown2195

• 11/6/2013
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: Pay The Rent Suggestion
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2012, 08:36:44 PM »
I'd like to see more setups like we saw on this year's Back to School show. It made it a lot more exciting, in my opinion, because it wasn't obvious that he lost right away (whereas, having a 69¢ item to choose from makes it a lot less exciting, as most people choose the cheapest thing for the mailbox).
"Ignoring others is imperative to my Golden Road experience." -me
"I measure trunk sizes by the 'dead hooker standard'." -me
I'm a gif.

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2012, 10:21:56 AM »
So every episode with Pay the Tui-...Rent is going to be an 0/6 show?

Cyclone
Well, not really. I do agree with what Roger had to say about the game,though. If he run PTR his own way, then maybe it wouldn't be such a disappointment like it is now............I also think that a $20,000 top prize, like stardf29 mentioned, would be a much more reasonable amount. Also, a 0/6 show that had PTR in the state that is in now has happened more than once before:

www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,17030.0.html

www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,19073.0.html
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 10:31:10 AM by PriceBusterXL »

Offline 03F5man

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2012, 10:51:59 AM »
Instead of wasting time playing this game I know of 2 that are begging for more air time and they are Golden Road and Triple Play

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2012, 11:26:14 AM »
Instead of wasting time playing this game I know of 2 that are begging for more air time and they are Golden Road and Triple Play

Triple Play has always been a special occasion show, particularly where cars are involved, and it should only really air a few times a year at most.  After all, it's for THREE CARS (or other motorized vehicles).

Golden Road should come out more often; the problem is that Mikey wouldn't want to have 10+ occasions of single prizes over $80,000 behind a single door, plus the previously mentioned difficulty of having a two-digit price of a grocery item.  Provided the second problem can be easily resolved, the first becomes a matter of playing the game with smaller prizes behind the final door, only increasing it for big specials.  Either that or the set staff has become extraordinarily lazy, and doesn't want to move the stage around to accommodate putting a prize behind Door #1.  I'd go with this likelihood.

Cyclone

Offline SilverFirePrime

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Can this be ressurected next?
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2012, 12:03:12 PM »
I'd say cut the prize to $50,000 but give them the mailbox for free.  While the game's win-loss record will still be pathetic, it may encourage more favorable setups for other games on the same day as PTR.

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2012, 12:07:34 PM »
I forgot something regarding Golden Road.  It requires an audience entrance and Drew doesn't like those, but the crew makes exceptions three times a season by stopping tape and adding the setup off-camera.  They did that for the four cars Race Game, obviously.

Drew really should do audience entrances from time to time to change things up (or do the dreaded turntable entrance).  I don't know why he never did one after Season 36.  It would be a nice treat for fans on that aisle.

Cyclone

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2012, 03:59:39 PM »
Triple Play has always been a special occasion show

Wrong.  Triple Play used to rotate on the same schedule as 3 Strikes and Golden Road.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2012, 07:48:50 PM »
Wrong.  Triple Play used to rotate on the same schedule as 3 Strikes and Golden Road.

However, my comment is that it SHOULD only air a few times a year.  They ought to go for a certain number of wins in the game, and if the game is frequently lost, bring it back a couple more times to try to get that extra win.  Having games go lost the entire season is not fun.

Cyclone