Author Topic: CBS Double Dare thread  (Read 13998 times)

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: CBS Double Dare thread
« Reply #150 on: September 22, 2012, 04:56:12 PM »
^ Don't think that's in the US mostly.

Has to be the Berlin Wall.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #151 on: September 22, 2012, 08:46:34 PM »

And we have a winner.  Here were the final four clues:

$10,000:  It is believed that over 200 people have died trying to conquer it.
$9,000:  A small college in Missouri got a piece of it, thanks to Winston Churchill's granddaughter.
$8,000:  It was one of the few structures in history to be built in one day, although later versions took months to build.
$7,000:  Almost 100 pieces of it still stand today--mostly in the United States.
$6,000:  124 miles long by 12 feet high by 4 feet wide.
$5,000:  Officially, it was called the "Anti-Fascist Protection Rampart".
$4,000:  David Hasselhoff sang atop it on the night that it was torn down.
$3,000:  Its most famous section was "Checkpoint Charlie", on the corner of Friedrichstraße and Zimmerstraße.
$2,000:  Ronald Reagan famously demanded that Mikhail Gorbachev tear it down.
$1,000:  This infamous Cold War symbol separated the capital and people of Germany.

*buzz buzz buzz buzz buzz*

And that sound means that we have to take a commercial break.  We'll be back for more "Double Dare".
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #152 on: September 23, 2012, 01:33:47 PM »
We're out of time for this edition of "Double Dare".  I hope everybody had fun and learned a lot.  Before we go, let's take a look at all of the winners over the past six weeks.

TheGRVOfLightning - $56,000
123123123 - $38,000
Gameshowboy92 - $26,000
Shaymin - $19,000
jwatson2973 - $10,000
thewhammy_2000 - $10,000
GuyWithFace - $9,000
howierules86 - $9,000
PriceFanArmadillo - $9,000
jacaya - $8,000
OneBidTris - $8,000
dh027 - $5,000
Flerbert419 - $5,000

We'll see you again... whenever.  Goodbye!

*DD '76 theme*
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline TheGRVOfLightning

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • This is my favourite game.
« Reply #153 on: September 23, 2012, 07:39:33 PM »
Now as Winner, I wont be playing the next version of DD76 so That`s All Folks!
My sports teams are

AFL (Australia): North Melbourne, NRL: Melbourne Storm, NHL: Anaheim Ducks, AHL: San Diego Gulls, NBA: Los Angeles Lakers, NFL: San Francisco 49ers, MLB: Boston Red Sox, MLS: LA Galaxy, Super Rugby: Melbourne Rebels, Big Bash League: Melbourne Stars, A-League: Melbourne Victory, ABL (Australian Baseball League): Melbourne Aces, AIHL (Australian Ice Hockey League): Melbourne Ice, NBL (National Basketball League [Australia]): Melbourne United, Premier League: Manchester United

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #154 on: September 23, 2012, 07:39:59 PM »
This was great, I hope it is back next summer.  :-)