Author Topic: Rachel Reynolds is...  (Read 11477 times)

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
Re: Rachel Reynolds is...
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2012, 12:23:11 PM »
Manuela actually lost the model search to Amanda Shiflett, yet was hired anyway due to "winning the attention of the producers".
Your wording does not exactly produce any pleasant mental images. And that is all I shall say on the subject.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2012, 12:26:40 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2012, 02:18:48 PM »
Really?  I didn't read anything even close to that in his post.  I think you might be looking into things a bit much.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2012, 06:33:51 PM »
Your wording does not exactly produce any pleasant mental images.

It really wasn't meant to be taken that way.

That was actually a quote from Manuela's old bio on the PIR website.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline jaywilliams

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2012, 09:39:19 PM »
With Gwendolyn and Rachel both pregant and will both be on maternity leave during the Winter of 2013, the show is going to need to bring in male models to fill the gap.
Jay Williams

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2012, 08:17:33 PM »
With Gwendolyn and Rachel both pregant and will both be on maternity leave during the Winter of 2013, the show is going to need to bring in male models to fill the gap.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2012, 08:59:22 PM »
Manuela & Amber can do 2-model shows more than a few times.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline joeyboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2012, 09:49:30 PM »
What's with all the hate with male models, seriously? Is it 2012, or 1962? We all saw Daniel Goddard, and he's just fine.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2012, 10:03:04 PM »
Manuela and Amber did an excellent job on the 40th Anniversary Special. Not sure what's wrong with an extra workload.

Also, I have to agree, what's with the hatred for Goddard? It's not as if he's being Jack Wagner and disrupting the show flow. He's there. He does nothing more, nothing less. If you can't accept it, I understand. However, as long as Daniel does nothing to disrupt the flow of the show, he's just another person on stage.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2012, 10:59:23 PM »
Manuela and Amber did an excellent job on the 40th Anniversary Special. Not sure what's wrong with an extra workload.
They did, but some games need three models. So whether that be a George, Daniel, or a new male model, someone has to be there or those games get the sideline. It isn't going to be terribly difficult to schedule around, but every show can't be a two model show.

I don't get the "outrage" over a male model still. I have my preference, but not over ONE single model or Daniel who is just there. I think Connor makes more of an impact on the show that Daniel. There is nothing to be "outraged" at.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Dakotakid2007

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2012, 09:45:58 AM »
This is one thing about this version of the Price is Right that I do like over the Barker version - the models can get pregnant without losing their jobs.  They can show weight gain from these pregnancies.  A good thing. 

Offline PriceFan07

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2012, 01:37:31 AM »
This is one thing about this version of the Price is Right that I do like over the Barker version - the models can get pregnant without losing their jobs.

Brandi Sherwood? Shane Sterling? Not to mention the firing of other popular models (Lanisha!) for no reason at all. The current "version" of TPiR has certainly not gone without it's share of models being fired - and that's only in 5 years!
Get Ready to Price the Prize!
George Gray! Rachel Reynolds! Amber Lancaster! Manuela Arbelaez! Alexis Gaube! And James O'Halloran!
As we play the fabulous, sixty-minute Price is Right!
And here's the star of The Price is Right - Drew Carey!