Author Topic: America's Got Talent 2012 Final Results (Spoilers Included)  (Read 1503 times)

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
America's Got Talent 2012 Final Results (Spoilers Included)
« on: September 13, 2012, 11:45:59 PM »
Since the official thread is gone beyond 30 days, we might as well discuss the winner here.

For those who don't know, the winner of America's Got Talent 2012 is....

Olate Dogs. Tom Cotter 2nd, William Close 3rd, David Garibaldi and his CMYKs 4th, Joe Castillo 5th and The Untouchables 6th. And with that, Olate Dogs becomes the first non-singing act to win the competition. I'm glad a singer didn't win, but I'm not happy Olate did. I would have picked William Close overall, and if it were solely based on last night I would have gone with Tom Cotter (I did not find this to be William's best performance). What are your thoughts?
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
Re: America's Got Talent 2012 Final Results (Spoilers Included)
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 11:56:09 PM »
I liked Joe Castillo and his sand painting, but I'm not surprised the dog act won. People tend to go for big, spectacular things like that. Animals are usually sure bets.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 08:32:11 PM »
Nobody seems to have noticed that the dogs tripped! Twice! If I were a judge, that performance would have been X'd...and I doubt they would have won. (Then again, I'd have also X'd everyone but Cotter, so maybe I'm a terrible judge. :p)

Tom Cotter was robbed, plain and simple.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline PriceFan07

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 02:57:47 AM »
Tom Cotter was robbed, plain and simple.

I've never agreed with any statement more than this. A comedian is someone who can headline a Vegas show. Tom Cotter never stumbled, he consistently got better and I always found myself wanting more. With the dog act I just found myself wanting it to end, and would often skip it on my DVR. I'm losing more & more faith in AGT every season. The one year it's actually not a singer, it's some stupid dog show. I also feel Feather Light Theater (I think that's what they were called) got ripped off too. They were absolutely amazing and deserved to be in the finals over the kids' dance crew and the dog act.
Get Ready to Price the Prize!
George Gray! Rachel Reynolds! Amber Lancaster! Manuela Arbelaez! Alexis Gaube! And James O'Halloran!
As we play the fabulous, sixty-minute Price is Right!
And here's the star of The Price is Right - Drew Carey!

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 04:46:40 PM »
I think you mean Lightwire Theater

Anyway, really disappointed with the result, I guess people thought the dogs were cute and voted for them in droves.  I would have paid cash money to see someone like William Close or Tom Cotter, if I wanted to see dogs perform I would have gone to a circus
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline 444dd

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HYO #7 will be in a few months
    • My Youtube
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 05:28:44 PM »
I tell you I stoped watching the show after dittleman did not make it.  That's a guy who I would have paid to see.  I don't know I guess i'm bias beacuse i'm a magician
That wasn't a showcase, that was an infomercial.

Offline PriceFan07

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 01:05:06 AM »
Dittleman was also very entertaining and should've been in the finals.

I think you mean Lightwire Theater

Yeah, that's them! They were incredible!
Get Ready to Price the Prize!
George Gray! Rachel Reynolds! Amber Lancaster! Manuela Arbelaez! Alexis Gaube! And James O'Halloran!
As we play the fabulous, sixty-minute Price is Right!
And here's the star of The Price is Right - Drew Carey!

Offline UniquePerspective

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The More You Know.
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 12:02:26 AM »

Yeah, that's them! They were incredible!

Erm...let's just say I have my own opinions on them. *ahemsecondrateteamiluminatewhohasonlyonemethodofstorytellingasopposedtotheversatilityofiluminateandfightinggravityforthatmatterahem*

I need cough syrup.
Yeah...let's make this current shall we?

Season 39 CSS Stats:
Games: 7 Top 10 Finishes: 2 Top 5 Finishes: 1 Overs: 3 DSW:0 WSD: 0 GOTC: 3 WOTC: 0