Author Topic: television game show hosts and other famous people  (Read 1124 times)

Offline barker5000

• In the Audience
television game show hosts and other famous people
« on: September 09, 2012, 06:05:48 PM »
Just curious, in your opinion, are there any television game show hosts that look like other famous people? Because right now on my PBS affiliate (KETC in St. Louis), they have a special on 1960's music stars that appeared on The Ed Sullivan Show, and I always thought Geoff Edwards kind of looked like (and sounded like) Ed Sullivan, but that's just me though! :)

Thanks,
Sean

Offline Priceboi1983

• In Contestant's Row
  • Come on Down!
    • Justin's Facebook Page
Re: television game show hosts and other famous people
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 09:32:13 PM »
Hmm...John Kerry looks a bit like Herman Monster... I too am in the Saint Louis area and watched the PBS station
And all this could be yours if... The Price is Right

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 08:34:13 AM »
Hmm...John Kerry looks a bit like Herman Monster

Care to fill me in on which game show(s) John Kerry hosted?

And BTW, it's Herman Munster, not Monster.
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 05:31:27 AM »
And BTW, it's Herman Munster, not Monster.

That's right.  Herman Munster.

Like the cheese.

8-O
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 08:38:01 AM »
That's right.  Herman Munster.

Like the cheese.

Actually, the cheese would be Muenster. :-D
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16