Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 9/24/2012 (TPiR Season 41 Premiere)  (Read 21679 times)

Offline wrikent3500

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: TPiR Recap - 9/24/2012 (TPiR Season 41 Premiere)
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2012, 07:42:41 AM »
Am i the only one to notice that the showcase area/turntable seemed to be moved a bit closer to the audiance now... check opening as Drew walks out of the big doors.

Online brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2012, 07:56:44 AM »
That would be because Lucky Seven was being played first (the turntable is moved forward to allow the car through between it and "Door 1").

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2012, 08:11:47 AM »
I've noticed that except for the 2003 Car Cue used in Pay the Rent and the Safe Crackers Cue, all other music came from the Carey era. It seems that the progression of dropping Barker era cues is continuing at a faster pace than I'd imagine, which is sad since the 1994 and 2003 package still sounds recent enough to use on the show today. I don't mind seeing all of the '70s and '80s cues abandoned completely (though they still have a special place in my heart and I can always listen to them digitally), but if they were playing 1974 cues in 1992, there is no reason they shouldn't be playing 1994 cues in 2012.

Lucky $even had an average setup, but there hasn't been a 0 in the price in a LONG time (before many of you were born in fact!)

Nice way to start Plinko, and the SP's were fairly easily set up.

Clock Game was played properly and well done.

Double Cross was easy, after narrowing the Washer/Dryer to the $1700/$2100 choices and taking the vehicle from there.

Outdoor kitchens are expensive, and Patricia seemed that she hasn't seen too many of them that caused her to freeze too early.

I wish for Gas Money Drew did a "what would you have picked?" to add to the drama rather than turning them over.

Congratulations on Rachel's pregnancy, and her baby may share my birthday based on the due date. Look for some male model stints around January-April.

Nice showcases, including the first ever Range Rover offered (there was a Land Rover offered in 2010).

A pretty average season premiere (though that means a good show overall), with Rachel's husband not a bad selection for a special guest.

Grade: B-

Good summation!  Although Clock Game was not on this episode.  It would have been better to open up with Triple Play, Three Strikes, or Golden Road.  The won Plinko amount was great.

Joe

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2012, 09:50:51 AM »
Am i the only one to notice that the showcase area/turntable seemed to be moved a bit closer to the audiance now... check opening as Drew walks out of the big doors.

That happens every time Lucky Seven is played....
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2012, 05:23:53 PM »
Testing....Testing...1.2.3
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 05:52:25 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2012, 08:24:26 PM »
Testing....Testing...1.2.3
Please look at the time he made this particular post. Now look at what was below (not added by him)...

« Last Edit: Today at 05:52:25 PM by Roadgeek Adam »

How?!
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline JokerFan

• Retro Recap Guide
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2012, 10:06:28 PM »
I'm confused on what you're confused about.

EDIT: I think I know.  On Adam's original post, the modifed time was 3:52:25PM, but when you quoted it, the time was 5:52:25PM.  I believe you're saying that somehow the modified time changed.  I'm still not entirely how you came at 5:52:25.  Which time was the first modified time and which was the second?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 10:11:06 PM by JokerFan »

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2012, 11:22:44 PM »
I'm confused on what you're confused about.

EDIT: I think I know.  On Adam's original post, the modifed time was 3:52:25PM, but when you quoted it, the time was 5:52:25PM.  I believe you're saying that somehow the modified time changed.  I'm still not entirely how you came at 5:52:25.  Which time was the first modified time and which was the second?

I am also a bit confused. Please elaborate a bit more for me.

(FTR mine says 4:52:25.)
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline stardf29

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2012, 11:27:00 PM »
I must say, that is a spiffy-looking recap.

Offline JT

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2012, 07:27:35 AM »
Yes - love the new graphics on the recap !!!  It's like an animated version of the show !  Great job - can't wait to see how the other games are illustrated.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2012, 05:26:43 PM »
Please look at the time he made this particular post. Now look at what was below (not added by him)...

How?!
If I'm not mistaken (and I understand your confusion), moderators are not bound by the ten minute edit limit.

*This is correct. :-P -Army*
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 12:47:59 PM by PriceFanArmadillo »
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline TheBigAK

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2012, 06:19:42 PM »
I must say, that is a spiffy-looking recap.

Agreed,   Well Done!!
I'm TheBigAK...and I APPROVE this post.

Offline visualbasicwizard

• Walking the Golden Road
  • 2005-2014
« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2012, 12:14:02 AM »
The image is a screenshot of the recap in my browser.  We have all of that coded in HTML, we are just hitting a wall with the forum software that preventing us from dropping the HTML in the forum post.  For now, we will continue to do the screenshots until a solution can be found.

Glad you all like it!  Nick & I have spent the last month working on this and getting the game templates together.  The fact that over 90% of that is done without using any images is amazing.

Check out my CSS signs: CSS images
My CSS calculator: http://www.vbwcomputers.com/CSS/calculator.php

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• -This space for rent-
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2012, 12:49:49 PM »
Zero is a bad choice from a number of aspects. This wasn't a "this a hidden rule that only we would know" situation, this was a "let's think about this for a second" situation. Nowadays, zero can be close to some numbers, especially the last one since it varies so wildly, but you're better off sticking in the middle and a lot of people realize this.

That doesn't matter if the contestant has $0 to spare.  If he/she has to get the last digit exactly right, and is never told that it's not going to be 0, what possible reason would there be for him/her to discount 0 as a guess?

Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline JFrank0412

• Outside in Line
« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2012, 02:35:21 PM »
Congratulations On The First Show Of The 41st Year Of The Price Is Right On CBS!