Author Topic: Problem with Editing My Signature  (Read 4622 times)

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
Problem with Editing My Signature
« on: September 26, 2012, 01:34:13 PM »
I have had problems trying to edit my signature since yesterday, on both Internet Explorer 9 (on a Windows machine) and Firefox (on a Ubuntu machine).

When I change it, and click the "Change profile" button, it says at the top in green that the profile has been successfully updated. But when I check out my signature again, it still shows my signature that was there before it allegedly changed it.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
Re: Problem with Editing My Signature
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 09:12:32 PM »
Testing. For science.

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 02:42:58 PM »
I don't know if you were able to figure it out (but seeing by your signature, it appears it worked for you), but I tried again yesterday after you responded, and tried again just a few minutes ago, and it still keeps the old signature, even though I type in a new one and click "Change profile".
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 03:48:10 PM »
Try now?

Offline Guint

• Double Showcase Winner
  • ^ Top Notch Production Values ^
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2012, 03:49:08 PM »
I was just able to do it with no problems. Either you did fix something, Seth, or there's something screwy on html's end.

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2012, 03:50:14 PM »
Still shows the old signature for me, even after "updating" it.

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 03:52:54 PM »
I just edited your signature, BTW.  Try removing the line I just added.

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 04:05:21 PM »
Just tried removing your line - unsuccessful.

Edit: And as an added point, I tried both on Firefox and the most recent version of Google Chrome, and neither of them worked. I'm using Ubuntu right now, so I can't try Internet Explorer right now, but that didn't work yesterday.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2012, 04:14:51 PM by htmlcc92 »

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2012, 04:13:42 PM »
I fixed it myself, but when the site changeover occurred, the width of my SEASON 41 image was reduced to 1, but weird.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 04:15:30 PM »
I fixed it myself, but when the site changeover occurred, the width of my SEASON 41 image was reduced to 1, but weird.

Yeah, my CSS image in my signature grew SUPER LARGE after the change, so I just took it out.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2012, 04:28:46 PM »
Also, anyone else that's been getting some Fatal Error notices the last hour or so?
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2012, 05:35:03 PM »
I might just give up and be stuck on Friday the 14th of September as my signature, because it's still not registering a change in my signature. Maybe I shouldn't have started that in the first place.

Online tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2012, 09:08:40 PM »
Just changed mine and it worked.  Firefox on Windows 7.
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline Shaymin

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • May we have some decorum here, please?
    • Nintendo Free Radio
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2012, 09:50:59 PM »
Firefox 15.0.1, WinXP, and was able to change my sig.