Author Topic: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 11: Showcases  (Read 20835 times)

Offline cornelius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 11: PG5
« Reply #90 on: October 14, 2012, 08:37:50 AM »
$698
Remember. Help control the pet population. Have your pet spayed or neutured!

Offline RCPlanes59

• Double Showcase Winner
    • YouTube
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 11: IUFB6
« Reply #91 on: October 14, 2012, 11:05:28 AM »
Last chance to get up on stage...

ONE DOLLAR!!!
Season 8 (2011-12) CSS 3rd Place

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 11: PG6
« Reply #92 on: October 14, 2012, 12:44:54 PM »
So we have $900 from Hag...

DING!

...$749 from Flerbert419...

DING!

...$698 from cornelius...

DING!

...and $1 from RCPlanes59.

DING!

Good luck to all of you. Actual retail price is: $849. Flerbert419 wins!

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!

(Walking 2007)

(cheers and applause)

Flerbert419, follow me right back to the big doors, where our final game awaits. Now, I'm so glad you came here just in time to try to win this!

GEORGE: It's a trip to Vancouver and a trip to Montreal! (1994 Trip Cue) (Amber models Vancouver, Manuela models Montreal) (cheers and applause) First, you and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to Vancouver, British Columbia, for a six-night stay at the Royal Vancouver Grande Hotel. Located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, take in all the breathtaking sights and visit the many shops, restaurants and other main attractions in the city. Daily continental breakfast included. And second, you and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to Montreal, Quebec, for a six-night stay at the Hyatt Montreal. Located in the heart of downtown Montreal, it offers breathtaking views of the city skyline, and it's within walking distance of the city's main attractions, including Olympic Park. Daily continental breakfast included.

Thanks, Amber and Manuela! Now Flerbert419, we have Amber at the trip to Vancouver, we have Manuela at the trip to Montreal, and in the middle, we have Rachel with the 1 Right Price of...

$5478

...$5,478. My question to you is, does that go with the trip to Vancouver, or the trip to Montreal?

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 11: IUFB6
« Reply #93 on: October 14, 2012, 12:57:27 PM »
Let's try Vancouver.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 11: PG6
« Reply #94 on: October 14, 2012, 07:49:38 PM »
Very well then, we'll put it on Vancouver. Are you ready to show us a winner, Rachel?

RACHEL: I always am, Teddy. Good luck, Flerbert419!

Now when I say 3, just flip it up. 1, 2, 3...

$5478
$5478

You got it!

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!

(cheers and applause)

(TPIR Theme 2007)

RACHEL: Congratulations!

The trip to Montreal was...

$7450

...$7,450. Have fun on your two trips, Flerbert419! We'll have the second Showcase Showdown after this!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 11: SCSD2
« Reply #95 on: October 14, 2012, 07:56:15 PM »
And welcome back to The Price is Right! I'm here with stardf29, 88JRFAN and Flerbert419, and they're ready to spin the Big Wheel. Remember, if you get a dollar in one spin or a combination of two spins, you will get $1,000 and a Bonus Spin. In your Bonus Spin, a green section gets you $10,000, and a dollar will get you $25,000! (cheers and applause) And the one of you nearest to a dollar without going over will be in the Showcase.

SPINNING ORDER:
stardf29: $2,500
88JRFAN: $8,248
Flerbert419: $13,777

Each of you will submit two numbers from 1 to 20, and the minimum stopping score. Good luck to all of you.

Offline stardf29

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #96 on: October 14, 2012, 10:13:03 PM »
3 and 12, stop on .70 or higher.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #97 on: October 14, 2012, 10:57:46 PM »
18 and 19, stop when I win.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline 88JRFAN

• Double Showcase Winner
  • HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!
« Reply #98 on: October 14, 2012, 11:50:14 PM »
15 and 14. I will decide my move after my first spin
HAPPY 52ND SEASON, PRICE!!!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #99 on: October 15, 2012, 07:44:04 AM »
stardf29, you're up first.

(wheel beeps)

The first spin of the second Showcase Showdown is on its way, and it looks like it's coming to a stop on...Hey, look at this! LOOK...AT...THIS! A DOLLAR!

(cheers and applause)

(Dig We Must 2007)

stardf29 got a dollar, and will get a Bonus Spin in a moment. But first, 88JRFAN will spin the Wheel.

(wheel beeps)

The only way to stay in is to tie for a dollar. Now you won't get it in your first spin, but let's see what you're going to start out with. It's a quarter.

Spin it again, and try for 75 cents.

(wheel beeps)

There it goes. And there it goes again. But will it come back again? It's going to try...no, this is not going to work out. You only got 35 cents, and that's not enough.

Thanks  for playing, 88JRFAN. Flerbert419, spin that Wheel!

(wheel beeps)

You can't beat stardf29, but you can tie him. And it looks like you're going to start out with...75 cents.

Now you need 25 cents to stick around. Give it a good spin.

(wheel beeps)

Will you get that quarter? Will you get that quarter? Will you...No, it's too fast for that. Well, thanks for playing, Flerbert419, and enjoy your trips.

Now stardf29, come right back to me. (resets wheel to 5-cent space) Since you got the dollar, you win $1,000! (cheers and applause) This is going to be your Bonus Spin. As I said before, you get $10,000 for a green section, and $25,000 for a dollar! So give me one number from 1 to 20, and good luck to you!

Offline stardf29

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #100 on: October 15, 2012, 03:19:30 PM »
I'll use that unused 12.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #101 on: October 15, 2012, 04:18:19 PM »
And here goes the Bonus Spin right now.

(wheel beeps)

Here come the three money spots, and there they go. Now they're going to come back again one more time...but they'll pass on by, so no more money for you.

(Dig We Must 2007)

But you will be in the Showcase round at the end of the show. Now you can follow us on Twitter @PriceIsRight for all the latest goings-on about the show. Again, we're on Twitter @PriceIsRight. The Showcase round is next. You don't want to miss it!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR, Episode 11: Showcases
« Reply #102 on: October 15, 2012, 04:46:29 PM »
Welcome to the Showcase round on The Price is Right! wpghi5 is the Top Winner, stardf29 is the Runner-Up, and this is Showcase #1.

(Showcase 1994)

GEORGE: This Showcase features prizes revealed as we honor the world's most popular foreign language, Spanish! And it starts with these Spanish lessons. (Amber models them) (applause)

This Spanish lesson set comes with 5 CD's, plus a dictionary that'll help you translate some well-known English words and phrases to Spanish. And put your Spanish words and phrases to good use on your vacation to Cancun! (Manuela models it on first plasma screen in front of Door #2) (cheers and applause)

You and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to Cancun, Mexico, for a six-night stay at the Sheraton Cancun. Conveniently located on the beachfront, and close to all major shops, restaurants and other fine attractions. Daily continental breakfast included. And then, perfect your mastery of the Spanish language when you visit beautiful Barcelona! (Manuela models it on second plasma screen in front of Door #2) (cheers and applause)

You and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to Barcelona, Spain, for a six-night stay at the Hilton Barcelona. Conveniently located near the major shops, museums and restaurants, and offers a breathtaking view of the Barcelona skyline. Continental breakfast included. Finally, get a chance to be really cool and have everyone talking when you're behind the wheel of this new car! (Rachel models it) (cheers and applause)

It's a 2012 Ford Fiesta SE. Fun to drive as it is to look at, this fuel-efficient 5-door hatchback comes with standard features, plus 1.6-liter 4-cylinder engine, AM/FM/CD stereo with SiriusXM Satellite Radio, Ford Sync system, cargo net and engine block heater. And there you go: Spanish lessons, trips to Cancun and Barcelona, and a new car. You will become the envy of your amigos, but only if The Price is Right!

Now wpghi5, you can bid on this Showcase or pass it to stardf29. What would you like to do?

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #103 on: October 15, 2012, 11:59:04 PM »
I'll bid on it and say $29,250.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #104 on: October 16, 2012, 07:50:45 AM »
OK, wpghi5's bid is $29,250.

$29,250
WPGHI5

DING!

Now stardf29, here is your Showcase!

(Rock & Roll Showcase)

GEORGE: stardf29, your Showcase contains prizes revealed as we teach you how to be a rock star. And it all starts with this jukebox! (Manuela models it) (applause)

This Wurlitzer jukebox is a modern re-creation of the 1950s original, and can play up to 100 CD's. Next, we're sending you to the city where it all started, and coincidentally, the birthplace of Drew Carey, exciting Cleveland! (Rachel models it) (cheers and applause)

You and a gust will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to Cleveland, Ohio, for a six-night stay at the Sheraton Cleveland. Conveniently located in downtown Cleveland, and near all the major attractions like Cleveland Browns Stadium, the Gateway Sports Complex, and, of course, the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame & Museum, where we've included two passes. And finally, to really feel like a rock star, you definitely need to drive like one, and what better way to show off your wheels than with this new car! (Amber models it) (wild cheers and applause)

It's a 2013 Ford Mustang coupe. This contemporary take on an iconic design comes with standard features, plus 3.5-liter V6 engine, AM/FM/CD stereo with 6-disc CD changer and SiriusXM Satellite Radio, Ford Sync system, premium leather seating, and engine block heater. And there it is: a jukebox, a trip to Cleveland, and a new car. And you will be rocking out in style, but only if The Price is Right!

stardf29, I need your bid on that Showcase.