Author Topic: What Would You Watch Instead of 'Price' in Your Market?  (Read 2056 times)

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
What Would You Watch Instead of 'Price' in Your Market?
« on: October 10, 2012, 11:31:56 PM »
Here in Charleston, I've recently discovered that one of the other stations is running reruns of The Andy Griffith Show, and honestly, there have been several days when I've just not been in the mood for Drew, so I've spent the hour watching the goings-on of Mayberry. When I know something unusual is happening, or when I hear after the fact of something unexpected, I go back and watch the show on CBS.com...or at least the part in question.

But on a bad day, I've realized I can get by with watching something else. It's a scary thought in a way.

My question to you:
Is there anything else a local (or cable) station is carrying opposite The Price is Right that you sometimes watch instead?
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
Re: What Would You Watch Instead of 'Price' in Your Market?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 11:45:54 PM »
If it's a rerun or the show gets preempted I might watch Steve Wilkos or Super Password instead.  (or whatever happens to be on GSN's schedule at the time.)

The actual retail price is...

Online PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 11:49:30 PM »
I wouldn't really know. I work when Price is on.

Online Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2012, 12:04:40 AM »
Star Trek on the Space Channel is the only other show on then that I'd be interested in watching.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 12:25:23 AM »
I know that this thread is about what you would watch, but I just want to list what I would and wouldn't watch anyway.

What I would NOT watch (The Price is Right is on at 10:00 - 11:00am where I live, as a point of reference):
- The View
- the 4th hour of the Today show with Kathie Lee Gifford and Hoda Kotb
- Sesame Street on PBS (sometimes, I might actually watch a few minutes - just for fun, but very rarely)
- How I Met Your Mother on the local Fox station at 10:00

Might watch if I got bored of The Price is Right:
- Perry Mason on MeTV (never seen it, but seems really interesting-sounding)
- According to Jim (loved that show years ago when it was on) on the Fox station at 10:30
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2012, 12:25:40 AM »
Sheep crossing a pasture. :lol:
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Grand_game2004

• Double Showcase Winner
  • GEORGE GRAY IS A W E S O M E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2012, 02:32:39 AM »
Heck, I don't watch TPiR much anymore. It's not as fun as it used to be with Bob Barker. I still have yet to see a DSW this season (actually, we all have yet to see one), so I usually watch stuff on youtube.

Offline Shaymin

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • May we have some decorum here, please?
    • Nintendo Free Radio
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2012, 06:45:11 AM »
The 19th rerun of Sportscentre... or more than likely I'd go out for a bit or play a game of my own.

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 07:14:43 AM »
I sometimes change the channel to Gilmore Girls reruns on ABC Family during the commercials of TPIR.

Offline Disneyfreak

• Double Showcase Winner
  • facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 08:15:47 AM »
Watch youtube or my DVD/VHS videos most of the time since I don't have cable/satellite. 

Ann aka Disneyfreak
facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
Add/Follow me on Social Media!!

Offline TheFuture1105

• In the Audience
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 09:12:31 AM »
The People's Court without a doubt.  The People's Court and TPIR used to come on back-to-back here where I live, but the show moved over to our CW affiliate a few years back and now airs the same time as TPIR.  I've been enjoying both shows for years but more often than not TPIR gets the nod both with the DVR and when I'm home.

By the way, I'm still a big fan of TPIR.  Just because I mention there are other programs I'd watch while TPIR is on doesn't mean I dislike the show.  It's just that TPIR isn't the only program worth watching and flipping around during the 11 AM hour gives me the opportunity to watch another good program.

Offline 03F5man

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2012, 11:15:16 AM »
Clips of Larvelle Jones from the police academy movies or Beavis and Butthead dvds I have them all

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2012, 12:49:06 PM »
I watch the food network or go through the cable channels.
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline FamilyFeud1994

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Up for some Bankroll?
    • My Podcast (Drop the Mic)
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2012, 01:34:56 PM »
Absolutely nothing, or a video on YouTube. I'm really not that into television anymore anyway.
"YOU ON FAMILY FEUD! THIS AIN'T A COMEDY ROUTINE!"

Perhaps you should practice what you preach, Steve.

Offline kens5368035

• In the Audience
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2012, 02:17:05 PM »
For me, either the NBC affiliate's 11am local newscast, anything on the NFL Network or SportsCenter