Author Topic: Cost of Tickets?  (Read 18331 times)

Offline Disneyfreak

• Double Showcase Winner
  • facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
Cost of Tickets?
« on: October 18, 2012, 12:45:06 PM »
Yesterday, my friend at work who's going to a The Talk taping on 10/29th, mentioned there is a cost to get in the studio audience at TPIR (said it cost $65.00).  I always thought it was free except for just the four seats behind the contestants' in the 2nd row.

Is this the case?  I can't find the information on the cbs.com website so I'd thought I bring up this to this forum.  Maybe the price are for the TPIR Live in Vegas show tickets and was gonna tell her but want to wait until the reply here first.  TIA.
Ann aka Disneyfreak
facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
Add/Follow me on Social Media!!

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
Re: Cost of Tickets?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 01:06:12 PM »
Uh... it should be 100% free all the time.

I have to assume that's wrong. It would be plain outrageous if it wasn't, never mind SIXTY-FIVE bucks per person.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 01:07:23 PM »
To put it simple, No. It always has been and always will be free.

If it was $65.00 a person, that would mean the show would make ~$19,500 per taping, which is not happening...
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Disneyfreak

• Double Showcase Winner
  • facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 01:41:12 PM »
I kinda thought so but thanks, 'll let her know when I see her next time at work.  I also wanted to know this cause a purchased cost of a ticket will maybe either of three things:  better chance of meeting the cast and crew of the show, better seats,  and/or getting called to come on down? 

Ann aka Disneyfreak
facebook.com/afdisneyfreak
Add/Follow me on Social Media!!

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 02:18:29 PM »
I kinda thought so but thanks, 'll let her know when I see her next time at work.  I also wanted to know this cause a purchased cost of a ticket will maybe either of three things:  better chance of meeting the cast and crew of the show, better seats,  and/or getting called to come on down?

No, a purchased ticket is a scam and is not going to help you get a better chance at anything, it will just profit whoever tricked you into buying it.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 08:39:53 PM »
$65.....the live stage show?
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline WheelzVatcher

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 11:50:54 PM »
It would surprise if the show has 'donated' packages to charities that they can auction off that include tickets to the show and a meet and greet/photo-op with the crew. I've only heard of 1 TV show charging for tickets and that was Canadian Idol. The tickets were $5.

Offline JohnHolder

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, 06:38:14 AM »
If you paid $65 for a ticket to see the show...you've overbid by $65.