Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/23/2006  (Read 24877 times)

Offline backbiter

• In the Audience
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 05/23/2006
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2006, 08:05:10 PM »
All I can say is John, if you're reading this. Invest in some deodorant. Nobody wants to see your pit sweat while you're spinning the wheel.

I have a foot fetish, so when they did a close-up of Lanisha's, I fainted in my chair. :-D

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2006, 08:15:37 PM »

Ccook wrote:
Actually, Price comes on out here at 11 AM, so the West Coast folks who have satellites and get the East feeds see it at 8 AM.

Ohh.. I had thought the east coast got it at the same time we did.. My mistake.

Thanks for clearing that up.

backbiter wrote:
I have a foot fetish, so when they did a close-up of Lanisha's, I fainted in my chair. :-D

Foot fetish? Uh oh....
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2006, 09:10:29 PM »
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Jordan7

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2006, 09:23:56 PM »
It was nice to see 2 For 1 played for a car, and it was nice to see Andre's celebration after winning. I remember the LS Coups being $12,990 so when Rich announced $13,518 for the prize package, I knew that the serveware was $528. I knew the price of the car in Switchroo was $16,432 and that the espresso maker was $60, and that mop was $22. I said $58 for the radio and $70 for the massager, and after seeing that I would have had 3 right, I would have switched those 2 to win all 5. It was weird how he broke that. For some reason during Step Up, I never would have thought the dining group was less than the grill. In her situation, I would have chosen the dining group.

For Squeeze Play, I was stuck between $4695 and $4995. I would have went with $4995, which was right. Padmini seemed very tentative during Card Game. She looked very scared while picking cards. Maybe she thought she picked one too many. Anyway, she stopped way to early. I think that Pick A Pair was very hard today.

I knew Blake went over on his showcase, and I was happy that Padmini won. She made a good bid also.

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2006, 10:09:24 PM »
Ouch.  Today's show had a lot of disappointing losses.

2 for 1: The great win of the day! :-D I thought I heard Rich say it was a "prize pack worth...".  Did anyone else hear that?

Switcheroo: The block holder had an eroo. :lol: I knew he'd win the mop because 1) it was the only one obviously right and 2) lots of contestants win mops in this game!  :lol:

Step Up: Weird, no prizes worth $2000+.  

SCSD #1: Again, we were just inches from a $10K winner.

Squeeze: Why would you pick $4695 over $4995?

Card Game: I knew this would be lost even before the range card was chosen.  Contestants don't understand that this game uses $21,000 cars all the time.

Pick A Pair: YAAAAAAAAAAAY! :-D  :-D  :-D I think I shouted that for about 30 seconds.

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2006, 10:26:40 PM »
Oh, you were referring to the episode where Barker (IIRC) had static in his Mic and Robin brought out the static guard. Heh! I almost forgot about that episode, seems longer ago than 2004.

Anyways, in said thread, Frank said not to mention it ever again, but you did :-) lol

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2006, 12:02:40 AM »

backbiter wrote:

...whoa. I really, really, really didn't want to know that. I'm sure nobody else did, either.

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2006, 12:31:29 AM »
It's probably just that I'm in a really weird mood today, but the line:

Switcheroo: The block holder had an eroo.

sent me into a laughing fit.  :lol:

And if we don't want to know about the foot fetish, why does everyone keep quoting it?
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline actual_retail_tice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2006, 01:00:57 AM »
I spent a while thinking Bob blew the reveal on the second pricing game before I figured out it was gonna be Switcheroo. The contestant had a different strategy than most people- instead of trying to get the car right first, he went through each block and asked the audience where to put it. Different, but still wrong.

Still, yay Switcheroo.

I stayed and watched a little longer than I planned today just to see if Pick-a-Pair would be lost. Roger tried for a loss last time around; it was like he had unfinished business.

Oh, and yay Step Up, although I sure would've lost.

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2006, 01:02:55 AM »
BuddyTom wrote:

OldPrice75 wrote:

Switcheroo: The block holder had an eroo.

sent me into a laughing fit.  

I guess I'll take that as a compliment.  :-)

Offline ug_rulz_all

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2006, 02:01:39 AM »
switcheroo was hilarious today

step up: this playing made me realize that bob should explain the game as "pick the least expensive prize, then pick the least expensive of the remaining prizes and so on." he does that for the grocery products in hole-in-one; why can't he do the same in this game? i think he unnecessarily overcomplicates this game

card game: this is by no means a serious suggestion, but at the rate this game is going, they're going to have to make one of the special cards an "instant win" card...

pappy: it's actually LOST! granted, it was a very difficult setup, though

and that close-up turntable shot is getting to be VERY annoying...

Offline logikreader

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2006, 12:00:54 PM »
I'm still trying to find out why they need to move the show up an hour to 10 am out west?  It's inconsistent, but that's been the time slot ever since I was born.

« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2006, 12:20:38 PM »
sent me into a laughing fit.

There are medications for that problem sir.:-)

You would of thought that the Dob would haved saved Roo for Friday........yeah right.

logikreader wrote:
I'm still trying to find out why they need to move the show up an hour to 10 am out west? It's inconsistent, but that's been the time slot ever since I was born.

I thought L.A. moved it to 3pm temporarily a few years ago to try Dr. Phil out at 10?

And I know per Tpir.tv that L.A. had TPIR on at 4pm per a clip on that site.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2006, 12:47:17 PM »
Dr. Phil was either a nobody, or on Oprah's show when they moved TPIR to 3 pm in Los Angeles, but he definitely didn't have his own show back then...

CBS did it to try to put a dent into Oprah's ratings. However, all they ended up doing was denting TPIR's ratings, and quickly moved it back to its regular time slot.
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline Ferdy9338

• In the Audience
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2006, 08:55:47 AM »
My $.02 about this show...

2 For The Price of 1: Roger finally unloaded the cute little red Cobalt. Good win, too, although I would've taken either the 2nd or 3rd digit as the freebie.

Switchereoo: Watching Blake play his first turn ever......so......s...l...o....w...l... y...gave me flashbacks to Brittaney's Race Game mess back in March, and the Bonkers debacle from a few weeks back. And after it was first revealed that he had just 1 right, I knew it was the mop set. And since he never changed it...

LOL Seeing Switcheroo broken was an eye opener, I always thought those were little cubes that would fully enclose the block. It's just a simple little plastic "shelf" for the block to sit on. Some Krazy Glue'll take care of that.

Step Up: I was figuring Yvette should've checked the dinette set, then bailed. I'm suprised it was so low as well...good call by Yvette to bail.

Squeeze Play: That 6 stuck out like a sore thumb.

Card Game: Waaaaaaaaay too low a price for Padmini to have stopped at.

Pick-A-Pair: I was practically yelling for George to take the cat food with the bird food. Oh well. I started cracking up when it was lost, thinking of everyone that was rooting for P-A-Ppy to finally be lost going nuts.

Showcases: I had 27,500 on Blake's showcase, and I had a feeling he'd gone over. I had Padmini's showcase pegged at $15,000. ESP.......... :-P   :-D

Interesting show today.