Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 11/5/2012  (Read 6712 times)

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
TPiR Recap - 11/5/2012
« on: November 05, 2012, 03:25:10 PM »
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 07:52:56 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline 3StrikesFan

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: TPiR Recap - 11/5/2012
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 03:29:30 PM »
Very good show today.....5 out of 6 games won. Pretty good line-up too:

Money Game - W
Eazy Az 123 - W
Bullseye - W
Squeeze Play (5 digit) - L
Pathfinder - W
Danger Price - W

Offline HiLo

• Outside in Line
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 03:33:47 PM »
debut of Easy!!!!!!

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 03:38:55 PM »
What a fantastic show! Nearly all the pricing games won. I thought for sure the contestant playing Pathfinder would lose on the second item, since she didn't get the first one.

And nice to hear the names Bob Barker and Bill Cullen again.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline Bobby McBride

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 03:48:47 PM »
Money: Nice way to start the week w/ a female Navy member capturing El Cheapo!

Eazy Az 1-2-3: I was as wrong as the audience.

SSP: Where the heck has Fred been shopping for jet skis lately?

Pathfinder: This went the same way as the last playing of S40- I thought we were going to have an EXACTA & the PG wasn't won until the second chosen SP. And this was a pretty easy playing, too.

Danger: Also fairly easy.

SCSD2: Well, we couldn't repeat the feat of a $26K win like four years ago the day before Election Day (airdate-wise, anyway).

Showcases: That gives Alyssa a total of four trips.

Very good show to start the week!

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 04:00:58 PM »
What a very nice show today. Squeeze Play was the only game today keeping us from a perfect show.
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 05:11:39 PM »
Great show today & Drew did a wonderful job today hosting.
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 05:24:21 PM »
This show felt like Bob and Roger were still there.  Even the showcases were well put together.  Every episode should be like this one.

Of course, it didn't hurt that the show was a five-out-of-sixer, including an incredibly exciting Pathfinder that Drew hosted masterfully.  It very well could have been a perfect show had it not been for a ridiculously stupid guess in Squeeze Play.

It was really nice to hear both of the old Italy cues again.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Online thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 06:00:09 PM »
My, my, what a great show! Good contestants, and great wins.

Squeeze Play was blown. It wasn't supposed to be. It's hard to blow Squeeze Play. It's Squeeze Play. Yet somehow, Fred found a way. Bravo.

Money Game was kind of easy if you think about it. After picking the front of the car, the other choices for the front were out of play. If you get the right "Mike", he isn't ending the car in 0 or 5. So those choices were out. That left 74, 41, and 09. If you then avoid the season number, since it isn't right all the time, you get 74 and 09. I'd go 09 first because El Cheapo is awesome, but with three chances left, the win would be a lock.

Here's looking forward to more shows like these. These are the good ones. Not even because of the wins, just because they feel good. Drew being good, contestants being good, and good showcases. The wins don't detract, however.

It was really nice to hear both of the old Italy cues again.
I loved hearing those. Some good cues there.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 06:00:54 PM »
Money Game:  El Cheapo didn't fool her - nice job! :-)
Eazy Az 123:  Way to not listen to the audience! :-)
Bullseye:  Can't play it any better than that! :-)
Squeeze Play:  Oy vey! :headbang:
Pathfinder:  Would've been better if the sweep would've happened, but still a great win! :-)
Danger Price:  Nice job! :-)  I thought for sure that this was gonna be lost when the accessories were picked.

Great show overall, IMHO. :biggrin:
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 06:40:50 PM »
Great little episode this was.

I'm afraid next time Path is going to go to super-hard. It's been incredibly pleasing watching it for the first time in forever. (Although we're doing very well getting off the center right now, which are bunched and can cause a garbage playing, and maybe Mike thinks he hasn't eased up at all).
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline irepir

• In the Audience
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 06:42:07 PM »
Who were the first four contestants of today's episode?

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 06:59:12 PM »
What a great show! Really nothing to complain about at all, today, at all. Just great gameplay - finding El Cheapo, exacta-ing Bullseye, winning Danger Price, and oh yeah, conquering Pathfinder today. Contestants were on the ball! And Drew was in great form too. I too fear that Pathfinder will get harder now. Mike's been making it easier this season, and that's about as generous a setup as we've seen. In general the 2nd digit is hard but after that it gets easier, and today was really a classic DOB setup after that second digit. I think they've been figuring contestants will lose the game on their own, but now unfortunately they'll probably go and re-evaluate. Still, this is definitely a great one to watch to start to finish - as Steve said, it felt like an old show today.

Timings:
Money Game (4.5) - 4:11
Eazy as 123 (4) - 4:03
Bullseye (5) - 4:44
Squeeze Play (3.5) - 3:11
Pathfinder (6) - 5:55
Danger Price (4.5) - 3:52
Total (27.5): 25:56

Offline TPIRSteven

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 07:08:10 PM »
What a great show today!  If I'm not mistaken, this is the first time this season that both car games were won!  And when those two wins come in the form of an El Cheapo win in Money Game and a near-Exacta Pathfinder win, it really puts an exclamation point on the feat!

The only downsides were the overload of trips (that TripCase was completely unnecessary given the fact that we already had trips in SC1 and in Bullseye) and the Squeeze Play loss.  Admittedly, I would have lost it as well (I fell for the -94 trap), but somehow Fred picked the one choice that made no sense whatsoever. :-\

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 07:53:08 PM »
Recap is up.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]