Author Topic: Theme Change 11/9/2012  (Read 23928 times)

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Theme Change 11/9/2012
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2012, 01:39:22 AM »
Good layout on the theme.  Love the logo!

However, I suffer from photophobia, and the bright white yellow blend hurts my eyes.  You need some contrast reduction.

Joe

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2012, 01:42:08 AM »
You all have me to thank for the blue background.  I presented that to Seth as an alternative to the sparkly solid gold background.  I just didn't want to come right out and say it until this look became permanent.

The cool-color background really helps the warm-color main content stand out.  It really helps make the theme, and you have my complete gratitude.

Much credit also to Cory Anotado, who in one weeks time has now done a new logo for both the Game Show Forum and now here. Very appreciative of his time and talent.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2012, 07:28:39 AM »
While the old one looked good, I like this one much better.  Very snazzy.  As the site sits right now, I really like what I see.  I was too quick to judge when Seth first started as I hadn't realized it was a work in progress.   You all have me to thank for the blue background.  I presented that to Seth as an alternative to the sparkly solid gold background.  I just didn't want to come right out and say it until this look became permanent.
I'm loving it! While I miss the old background, this is another design win for G-R.net, and another reason for me to check in every day  :biggrin:

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2012, 05:21:49 PM »
The cool-color background really helps the warm-color main content stand out.  It really helps make the theme, and you have my complete gratitude.

Much credit also to Cory Anotado, who in one weeks time has now done a new logo for both the Game Show Forum and now here. Very appreciative of his time and talent.

You're quite welcome, Seth.  While I don't care for Mr. Anotado for reasons I shan't disclose here, I would like to acknowledge that he did an amazing job on the logo.

The actual retail price is...

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2012, 05:44:50 PM »
You all have me to thank for the blue background.  I presented that to Seth as an alternative to the sparkly solid gold background.  I just didn't want to come right out and say it until this look became permanent.

You're quite welcome, Seth.

I do like the blue background as well, however I will not thank you that much because frankly your last couple posts here came of as a tad arrogant.

There is someone we should all thank, and that is Seth for his constant development of this site whether it is the look (like it or not, it took some work to get it like this) or the behind the scenes server maintenance, or for all the fixes and other things he does as well.

I'd also like to point out that - at first - I did not like the new look, but the more and more I get used to it, the better it is looking. :)
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2012, 05:54:10 PM »
While offering thanks for any compliments received, I would now suggest that this thread not become a launching point for more bickering, ego, and nonsense. This isn't the place for it.

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2012, 06:22:12 PM »
I do like the blue background as well, however I will not thank you that much because frankly your last couple posts here came of as a tad arrogant.

Perceive it as you will, I assure you it wasn't intentional.  Seth did 99% of the work.

The actual retail price is...

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2012, 06:30:37 PM »
I'd also like to point out that - at first - I did not like the new look, but the more and more I get used to it, the better it is looking. :)

I agree 100%. At first I thought it looked unfinished...but now, it looks pretty darn good. Much better than what I felt was the jury-rigged previous theme, which I always thought was a bit disjointed since the SMF2 update. 

Just a couple things I noticed...one, really long usernames are extending into the right column, mixing in with post titles...dunno if that's a bug to be worked out. Also, it appears as if the default avatar size shrunk a bit.

Overall, well done to all parties involved.  The actual show could take a few design tips from you guys. :)
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline JohnHolder

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2012, 07:54:36 PM »
I would now suggest that this thread not become a launching point for more bickering, ego, and nonsense. This isn't the place for it.

Yeah. There should be a separate section of the site specifically designated for more bickering, ego, and nonsense. :)

Offline DJTorgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2012, 02:13:54 PM »
Yeah. There should be a separate section of the site specifically designated for more bickering, ego, and nonsense. :)

There is.

Things look fine on this end, Seth.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2012, 04:44:59 PM »
Looks pretty good! The only thing I'm not a fan of is the new post indicator... the lit up/dimmed Plinko chip made it very easy to see which threads had new posts in them. I see they're still on the front page, but it would be nice if they were still everywhere else.

Offline themountainclimber

• 9/29/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • Make it a super stretch!
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2012, 11:38:05 AM »
I didn't like the first "draft". But I definitely like this one. Nice work!