Author Topic: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #27  (Read 28749 times)

Online Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #27: IUFB6
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2012, 02:10:28 AM »
$549.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2012, 10:05:19 AM »
$600.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2012, 02:20:20 PM »
$699
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #27: PG6
« Reply #123 on: November 25, 2012, 06:49:34 PM »

Unfortunately, cu's time is up, and the actual retail price of the Blu Ray Player and Bond film package is $550!  Flerbert is the winner, missing the price by only one dollar!

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING(applause)(Walking 2007)

We're climbing the turntable steps again to play our next pricing game.  Howdy, Flerbert!  Your time in Contestants Row was brief, but you now have a chance to win this!

(door #3 opens)

It's just a freakin' Harley!

(laughter and applause)(Motorcycle Cue)(Kathleen models it)

The Harley Davidson Sportster Iron 883 motorcycle! Hit the road in this classic-style bike with its 883-cc engine, and features drag style handlebars, classic peanut style fuel tank, self-canceling turn signals so you can concentrate on the road and not the blinkers, and it's easy to control, from Harley Davidson; it's a terrific prize worth $7,999!

Folks, after what happened on these boards a couple of months ago, our writers could not resist the obvious joke about a Harley Davidson.

(laughter)

Flerbert, you're going to play Now…or Then.  "Now" is now and "Then" is November 2004.  You need to determine if the price you see on a product is the price of that product now or back in November 2004.  If you correctly guess now or then, you'll control that product, and if you can control three adjacent products, you'll win the game.  But before you do any guessing, let's hear about these grocery products!  What's first, George?

(cue 86)

First, a 12-packet box of Quaker Instant Grits, for a healthy and hearty breakfast, trust Quaker!

Second, a box of 24 Alka Seltzer Liqui Gels provide fast relief to all your cold and flu symptoms, use as directed.

Next, 14 fluid ounces of Dawn ultra concentrated so you don't need as much liquid to do all your dirty jobs in the kitchen!

Fourth, a box of 12 Little Debbie Nutty Bars, for a great peanut butter and chocolate snack, turn to Little Debbie!

Then, a 0.67 ounce tube of Betty Crocker decorating gel, great to accent any homemade baked goods!

And finally, a 10-ounce jar of Polaner All Fruit Spreadable Raspberries with fiber.  With only real fruits, sugar, and natural ingredients, you can't go wrong Polaner as you start your day, don't you dare call it jelly, from Polaner! And there they are, goldroadfanatic!

Where would you like to start, Flerbert?

"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #124 on: November 25, 2012, 07:59:05 PM »
Oops...sorry, goldie, 12-hour Black Friday shift has left me totally screwed up...and was at work yesterday afternoon and I just...forgot.

If it's of any consolation, I'd have bid $700 and lost. :lol:
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Online Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2012, 12:17:33 AM »
I'll try NOW with the dish soap.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #126 on: November 26, 2012, 06:42:08 AM »
Flerbert says the dish soap's price is "Now" and….

DING(applause)

It is now!  Now, you can win with the remedy and the snack bars; the grits and the remedy; or the snack bars and the decorating gel.  Where would you like to go, Flerbert?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 06:52:29 AM by goldroadfanatic »
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Online Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #127 on: November 26, 2012, 11:18:22 AM »
I'll try NOW with the remedy, and if correct I'll try NOW with the grits.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #128 on: November 26, 2012, 12:50:06 PM »
Flerbert thinks the remedy is "Now!"

BUZZZZZZZZZ

But it was "Then."  You blocked yourself with the remedy, but you can still win with the snack bars and the decorating gel, Flerbert.

Offline DarkShockBro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Celeste is the best.
« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2012, 01:47:59 PM »
I would say THEN, followed by NOW, personally.
Stop the madness.

Online Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #130 on: November 26, 2012, 02:42:40 PM »
I will try NOW for both the grits and preserves first, please.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #131 on: November 26, 2012, 06:33:06 PM »
I'd go the other way, picking THEN for the snack bars and NOW for the decorating gel.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #132 on: November 26, 2012, 08:35:15 PM »
An interesting strategy; let's see if it pays off.  He's going with the grits and he thinks $4.09 is the price of them now and…

DING(applause)

You're right, and where would you like to go, Flerbert?

Flerbert: The preserves, now.

He says the preserves are now and…

DING(applause)

You're right again, Flerbert!  All you need is the decorating gel to win the game; is the price of the decorating gel now or then?

Offline RCPlanes59

• Double Showcase Winner
    • YouTube
« Reply #133 on: November 26, 2012, 09:09:10 PM »
Oh man, all down to this, 50/50. Does it get any better than this?
Season 8 (2011-12) CSS 3rd Place

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #134 on: November 26, 2012, 09:10:45 PM »
I direct you to when I played this game on Frank's 37th episode, it was as nail-biting as it got.