Author Topic: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #27  (Read 28940 times)

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #27: PG6
« Reply #135 on: November 26, 2012, 09:55:12 PM »
Oh man, all down to this, 50/50. Does it get any better than this?

How is this suspenseful at all? If he goes snack bars and they are THEN, then Gel is NOW. If they are NOW, then Gel is THEN. He can't lose! (Unless GRF Isn't using the 2T/4N "Hidden" Rule :P)
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #136 on: November 27, 2012, 12:19:18 AM »
How is this suspenseful at all...He can't lose!

If the audience feels the suspense, there's no way I'm going to let some "rule" get in the way of it!

That being said, I'm going to bank on the fact that goldie is much nicer in his HYO's than Frank. That previous setup was pure evil.

I'm going to pass on that decorating gel question for a moment and try THEN on the snack bars. If that is correct, I will say NOW on the decorating gel for the rare five-in-a-row win.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #137 on: November 27, 2012, 07:40:41 AM »
Okay, he's going for what I call the five-card charlie here.  He thinks the Nutty Bars are then, and…

DING(cheers and applause)

They are then!  Now, if the decorating gel is now, Flerbert, you will have won that motorcycle and we will have broken even for the day with three games won.  That price on the decorating gel is…

Now!

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING(cheers and applause)(2007 main theme)

That is how you play this game, folks!  Flerbert pulled off a five-in-a-row win and, I congratulate you, enjoy that motorcycle! We're going to have the second showcase showdown after this!
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #27: SCSD2
« Reply #138 on: November 27, 2012, 07:48:38 AM »
(2007 CNAoS Cue)

Contestants not appearing on stage will receive: A new globe!  GeoSafari's interactive geography quiz game with dazzling lights and sound effects to guide, reward, and excite. One to four players choose quiz categories (USA/ Canada, World, All) and answer response times. It's an effective teaching globe, as well as a fun quiz machine!  And a new barbecue!  From Char-Broil, the TRU Infrared two-burner T-22D barbecue has all of the features of a full-size gas grill with the convenience of a reduced footprint for smaller spaces or families.  And now, here is goldroadfanatic with our showcase showdown!

(applause)

Thank you, George!  I have 123123123, Flerbert, and RCPlanes ready to spin the big wheel and the one of them who is nearest to one dollar without going over will advance to the showcase.  RCPlanes, you won the most, so you'll spin last, Flerbert will spin second, and 123 to the third power will spin first.  Good luck!

Spinning Order:
Flerbert419
RCPlanes59

(Pleases submit two numbers from 1 to 20 as well as the lowest score you'll stand on if you get it in spin #1)
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #139 on: November 27, 2012, 08:26:31 AM »
18 and then 19, stand on 60 or more if it beats 123123123.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."

Offline RCPlanes59

• Double Showcase Winner
    • YouTube
« Reply #140 on: November 27, 2012, 10:57:28 AM »
Oh my God, that was clever by Flerbert.

5 and 9, stop when I beat the leader (or tie at 50 or over).
Season 8 (2011-12) CSS 3rd Place

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #141 on: November 27, 2012, 04:02:11 PM »
12 and 3, stop at 70+ please

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #142 on: November 27, 2012, 04:18:33 PM »
Oh my God, that was clever by Flerbert.

:headbang:

If he goes snack bars and they are THEN, then Gel is NOW. If they are NOW, then Gel is THEN. He can't lose!
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #143 on: November 27, 2012, 06:39:54 PM »
(beeps)

And away we go!  123123123 is trying to get a dollar in one or a combination of two spins so he can win $1,000 and a bonus spin!  The wheel is slowing down on…

(beep)

Thirty cents, and that is not enough for him; here's his second spin!

(beeps)

What will we add to that 30 cents?  That dollar better not come down, and that wheel better not stop on 90…

(beep)

Right in the middle of those amounts, an additional nickel, for a score of 35 cents.  Don't fret; you're still in this, 123123123!

DING(applause)

Someone did win with just 30 cents on this show before, so it is possible for you to win, 123123123.  Now it's time for Flerbert to try his luck; spin the wheel!

(beeps)

Flerbert played Now…or Then in a spectacular fashion, and he'd love to do some more winning in the showcase.  It looks like he might unseat 123123123….

(beep)

And he does with 85 cents, that's a great score!

DING(applause)

Now it's up to RCPlanes59 to beat Flerbert to get into the showcase!

(beeps)

Here goes his first spin, and 85 cents is what he needs to beat.  He did not do it with one spin…

(beep)

You have 60 cents to build on, RCPlanes; spin again!

(beeps)

This will decide who goes onto the showcase round and who leaves the stage.  It looks like things might work out for you RCPlanes, here comes that 40!  Come on down!  Come on down!

(beep)

MRRRRRRRRRRP

Oh, so close!  But enjoy that new car of yours, RCPlanes, goodbye.

(applause)(Dig We Must 2007)

Flerbert, you will be in the showcase alongside wildbill0962.  Folks, the penultimate part of our show is next, you don't want to miss it!

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #27: Showcases
« Reply #144 on: November 27, 2012, 07:00:18 PM »
(applause)

It's time for The Price is Right showcases!  The top winner in the showcase is Flerbert419!

(applause)

And the runner-up is wildbill0962!

(applause)

Each of you will have a showcase of fine prizes to bid on, and the one of you who bids nearest to the actual retail price of your own showcase without going over will win it.  But if you're the winner and you're $250 or less away from the retail price of your own showcase, you will win both showcases!

(cheers and applause)

Flerbert, as the top winner, you have the privilege of either bidding on the first showcase or passing it to wildbill and waiting for the second showcase.  Gentlemen, we are ready to see showcase number one!

(Port O'Price cue)

This showcase contains prizes revealed as our tugboat delivers prizes to the Port O'Price!

TOOT! TOOT!

And the first prize coming into the docks is this new riding lawn mower!

(applause)

From John Deere, the Select Series X300 riding lawn tractor features an adjustable 42" wide deck, to tackle different grass blade heights.  It's powered by a 300-cc 18.5 horsepower iTorque engine, and driven by an automatic transmission.  It also features several comfort options such as Hydrostatic twin touch pedals and 15" high back seat!

TOOT! TOOT!

Coming up to the docks next is a prize that will please you and your guests at parties, this new golf arcade game!

(applause)

Presenting Golden Tee Golf Live 2012!  Video golfers across the world can compete in live head-to-head contests for prizes or glory, Golden Tee Live 2012 takes excitement to new heights by simply combining it with real-time competition! From the comfort
of their local bar and restaurants, thousands of players can play live and compete simultaneously globally, while scores are updated universally, hole-by-hole in real time!

(applause)

TOOT! TOOT!

And the last prize arriving in our docks will liven up the mood in your house, this fabulous new jukebox!

(cheers and applause)(Haley's Comet)

The Wurlitzer One More Time CD Jukebox recaptures the beloved design styling of the 40s and 50s. The cabinet of the legendary Model 1015, originally built in 1946, is the ideal casing for Wurlitzer's new microprocessor-controlled CD changer and player. The unit plays more than 1,200 songs and is backed by a powerful amplifier and speaker combination to deliver superb laser sound quality!

And this showcase, which features prizes revealed as the come into the docks at Port O'Price can be yours if The Price is Right!

There you are, Flerbert.  Would you like to bid on this showcase or pass it to wildbill?

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2012, 08:02:10 PM »
Despite not being the most glamorous showcase, it's things I feel that I might be able to price well.

$18,381

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2012, 08:42:12 PM »
Flerbert bids a palindromic $18,381…

DING(applause)

Now, wildbill0962, take a look at your showcase!

(Switcheroo Cue #1)

Wildbill0962, your showcase takes a look at prizes used by our models as they attempt to survive a zombie apocalypse!  First, the girls must make their plan of escape, and keep track of time counting against them at the same time.  They do so with this new clock table!

(Turntable spins)

From Howard Miller, the Ravenna coffee table clock is 40" wide and this handsome Clocktail table treats form and function as one. Antique Moment in Time Style face. Beautiful, decorative metal work surrounds an antique clock dial which is visible under a glass top. The metal frame is finished in Burnished Umber with gold highlights. Quartz, battery operated movement!

The girls must stay in contact with each other as the zombies make their way toward our studio.  That's why each of them is prepared with the latest in digital communication, these new iPods!

(applause)(All four brandish them)

Four 32GB Apple iPod Touches!  Now in its fifth generation, this device allows you to stream the web, use thousands of apps, and take pictures with its five megapixel camera!

As the zombies continue their assault on CBS Television City, the girls remember where their shelter is located, just in case the studio is completely overrun with the walking dead, fabulous Jamaica!

(door #1 opens)(applause)

You and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to Kingston, Jamaica, for a six-night stay at the Royal Sandals Caribbean Resort's own private island!  Enjoy the tropical paradise and amenities that come with these exquisite accommodations, from the Royal Sandals Caribbean Resort!

But unfortunately, the zombies have already broken into the studio, and so the girls take place in their emergency refuge, your final prize, this new trailer!

(door #2 opens)(cheers and applause)

From Keystone RV, the 26.5' long 24BH Hideout travel trailer features a liquid propane kitchen, a queen bed, a bunk bed with room for the whole family. Designed for maximum comfort in a well-appointed living space that feels larger than the square footage suggest, the Hideout could be your next hideout from the real world.

And wildbill0962, your showcase, where our girls are now fending off the zombie invasion from taking over our studio, can be yours if The Price is Right!

wildbill0962, that is your showcase; what is your bid on it?

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Golden Road's Unofficial Official Bracketologist
« Reply #147 on: November 27, 2012, 09:59:12 PM »
Very nice showcase. Let's take a gander with...

$36,662.

And I will lock in those lyrics.
Pete Carroll has the biggest balls in the world.

10th place in 2010-2011 CSS
16th place in 2011-2012 CSS
17th place in 2012-2013 CSS

B/R Profile: http://bleacherreport.com/users/1048731-bill-riccette
Follow me on Twitter for my take on the Eagles, NCAA Tournament Bracketology and various sports topics @Bill_Riccette https://twitter.com/Bill_Riccette
http://billriccettenfl.wordpress.com/

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #148 on: November 27, 2012, 10:01:56 PM »
wildbill bids $36,662 on his showcase.

DING(applause)(2007 main theme)

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #149 on: November 27, 2012, 10:23:30 PM »
(applause)

The time has come for the final reveal!  I'll start with you, wildbill.  You bid $36,662 on your showcase, and the actual retail price of your showcase is…$33,488, you're over!

MRRRRRRRRRP

Flerbert, if you don't go over, you're a winner.  You bid $18,381 on your showcase and Flerbert, the actual retail price of your showcase is…Eighteen thousand….

….seven seventy-five ($18,775)!
  For a difference of…

DING

Three hundred ninety-four dollars, you win; what an excellent bid!

DINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDINGDING(wild cheers and applause)(2007 main theme)

Flerbert, you've been an outstanding contestant-you played Now…or Then amazingly, bid within less than $400 to the price of your showcase and you've won $27,324 in prizes today; I congratulate you!  This is goldroadfanatic saying goodbye everyone, see you all in 2013!

This is George Gray speaking for The Price is Right!

A Mark Goodson-Bill Todman Production!