Author Topic: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #27  (Read 29146 times)

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #27: IUFB4
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2012, 08:48:57 AM »
Okay, 123123123 thinks the armoire is $1,235 and the seam shower is $5,597.  Is he the first winner of Double Cross?

BUZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ(2007 losing horns)

Oh no!  What were the correct prices?

Twenty-three fifty-nine for the armoire and $3,559 for the steam shower.  I'm sorry you couldn't have started this game off on the forums with a bang, 123, goodbye.

(applause)(2007 main theme)

There's more Price is Right coming up, folks!

Stay tuned for more pricing games and the fabulous showcases, which are coming up on the second half of The Price is Right!
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #27: IUFB5
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2012, 08:59:08 AM »
Before we go on, I'd like to point out we have not had a pricing game won on this show since Flip Flop.

(audience groans)

Yes, it is sad.  There are two pricing games left to play and I want them both won so we can break even for the show.  George, can you help us out!

I sure can, goldroadfanatic, I am going to say the name RCPlanes59, come on down!  You're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

He sure looks like a winner and he's very excited to be here; welcome to our show, RCPlanes!  Now here come the lovely Holly and the lovely Janice with the next item up for bids!

(2003 IUFB cue)

It's a selection of foot massagers!

(applause)

These four powerful Maxi-Rub foot massager -platforms provides deep tissue massage, increases blood circulation and helps prevent leg cramps.  They ease aches in toes and heels, relaxe tired or numb feet, and are ergonomically designed for comfort; great for use as foot rest under your desk!

We'll start the bidding with RCPlanes59!

Bidding Order:
RCPlanes59
Hag
thepriceis_J
cu2010
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: goldroadfanatic's TPIR episode #27: IUFB4
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2012, 12:48:55 PM »
Hi gang,
I just wanted to address the SCSD in this show, and let you all know that goldenroadfanatic and I have discussed what happened.  The confusion that occurred was a "perfect storm" of having a few members banned this week, which caused replacements to play, and some very close spins in the SCSD.

GRF and I discussed the fairness of the situation, and played around some possible options.  In the end, we both agreed that no solution would be perfect or fair, and that somebody will have a legitimate gripe no matter what we do.  So, here, we agree that the best solution is to do nothing...let things stand as they are.  We hope you understand our decision, join us again for future shows, and wish you all a nice holiday.

Thanks,
Bob
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2012, 12:57:30 PM »
Hi gang,
I just wanted to address the SCSD in this show, and let you all know that goldenroadfanatic and I have discussed what happened.  The confusion that occurred was a "perfect storm" of having a few members banned this week, which caused replacements to play, and some very close spins in the SCSD.

GRF and I discussed the fairness of the situation, and played around some possible options.  In the end, we both agreed that no solution would be perfect or fair, and that somebody will have a legitimate gripe no matter what we do.  So, here, we agree that the best solution is to do nothing...let things stand as they are.  We hope you understand our decision, join us again for future shows, and wish you all a nice holiday.

Thanks,
Bob

Just to be sure, this means the show is ending prematurely?

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2012, 12:59:09 PM »
No, this show will continue.  What sideshow's message means is that wildbill0962 will be the one in the showcase, as we realized there was no fair solution to accommodate everyone involved in the first showcase showdown.

Offline cornelius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2012, 01:00:49 PM »
No, this show will continue.  What sideshow's message means is that wildbill0962 will be the one in the showcase, as there was no viable solution to give cornelius and wildbill both a fair chance of advancing to the showcase.

I wasn't complaining or anything. As I said. I had a great time on your show. It was fun. I wish wildbill the best in the showcases.
Remember. Help control the pet population. Have your pet spayed or neutured!

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2012, 01:01:48 PM »
Just to be sure, this means the show is ending prematurely?

Not sure what part of my message gave you that impression.  But no...as grf stated, this is only an explanation of the SCSD
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2012, 01:18:31 PM »
Not sure what part of my message gave you that impression.  But no...as grf stated, this is only an explanation of the SCSD

I would say this threw him off, as I thought the same thing at first:

We hope you understand our decision, join us again for future shows, and wish you all a nice holiday.

Besides, I thought we had one replacement in one pricing game, who takes over during the pricing game.  If the game had ended before the SCSD, then we might have needed a way to replace, but since the replacement took over mid-game and would have won but for the banned member's bid, I think what I understand has been fair.

Cyclone

Offline RCPlanes59

• Double Showcase Winner
    • YouTube
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2012, 04:21:15 PM »
Anyway, now that this is settled, I will bid $996
Season 8 (2011-12) CSS 3rd Place

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2012, 04:31:04 PM »
Not that it matters, but does the rule that says "the first choices are not correct" apply to Double Cross? I know it applies to Push Over and That's Too Much!, so I'm thinking the same would be true for Double Cross as well. And I would've guessed $2,358 and $3,559 for the respective prizes, particularly because I've never seen an armoire go for more than $3,000.

As for what happened in the first SCSD, it reminds me of that infamous incident in Episode 5 of my series, when some incompetent writing caused a wipeout in It's in the Bag, and later on, I had no choice but to award the full $16,000, as well as have the entire writing staff fired. Banned members can cause problems in HYO shows, so it's best that all G-R.net members fully adhere to the rules of the forum, and do not do or say anything in a way that would get them booted, especially while participating in a HYO show.

And now, I'm done here. Carry on...

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2012, 04:34:15 PM »
Besides, I thought we had one replacement in one pricing game, who takes over during the pricing game.  If the game had ended before the SCSD, then we might have needed a way to replace, but since the replacement took over mid-game and would have won but for the banned member's bid, I think what I understand has been fair.

Cyclone

They weren't even talking about that, they were talking about SCSD1 - (cornelius thought he was spinning first - and was supposed to, however 03F5man gave his numbers and stop on ___ first, so GRF spun him first and cornelius second, which resulted in Wildbill by default winning.)

Anyways...

I was going to suggest a bid of $996, but RCPlanes59 has already bid that so instead I will suggest $796 :P
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2012, 04:49:27 PM »
$750.
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline Cyclone

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2012, 07:13:37 PM »
They weren't even talking about that, they were talking about SCSD1 - (cornelius thought he was spinning first - and was supposed to, however 03F5man gave his numbers and stop on ___ first, so GRF spun him first and cornelius second, which resulted in Wildbill by default winning.)

Anyways...

I was going to suggest a bid of $996, but RCPlanes59 has already bid that so instead I will suggest $796 :P

Oh, I saw the mixup.  I thought he fixed that before the spins registered.  I must have misread it.

Carry on. :)

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2012, 08:18:41 PM »
$599
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2012, 08:38:42 PM »
Oh, I saw the mixup.  I thought he fixed that before the spins registered.  I must have misread it.

Not to beat a dead horse here, but the reason I screwed up the order was I thought 03F5man would be awarded the IUFB Gameshowboy won, which exceeded the winnings of cornelius by about $200, which would put him as spinner #2, and I posted this in the spinning order.  However, it's my policy that the IUFB you win is yours to keep, even after you're booted from the show.  Thus, 03F5man had no winnings to cornelius' $1,216, and 03F5man was the first spinner.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 08:44:52 PM by goldroadfanatic »