Author Topic: CSS Status Update  (Read 2699 times)

Offline BigJon

• Double Showcase Winner
CSS Status Update
« on: November 14, 2012, 12:24:34 PM »
I just wanted to provide an CSS Update.
I'm still here alive and kicking, i've been going through some hard times with family these weeks as a lot of you know with my mother and father.  I also had my motherboard and video card blow on me on the computer that has all the spreadsheets for CSS thanks to my girl Sandy.  I'm waiitng on a system exchange to take place and other components to arrive so i can get back online with that... I've got all your bids, everything is safe, i just need my primary computer back online.  When i get it, it'll be a fun 4-5 week CSS entry bonanza and we can get all caught up.

Thanks for understanding and for those who've expressed their concerns. As you know, real life can take you surprise and will always have priority.
Don't worry, All your fail from the past weeks will  hopefully soon be available for you all to see and moan and groan over... Hmm, looks like i see a couple of potential exacts as well :) :) :)
BigJon's TPIR will live on - CSS Host - 2nd Season; CSS Statistician 3rd Season

Offline Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Don't fork too soon.
Re: CSS Status Update
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 01:03:17 PM »
Thanks for the update Jon. Hope things are going well for you right now. :-)
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline TheGRVOfLightning

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • This is my favourite game.
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 04:30:51 PM »
Thanks for the update.
My sports teams are

AFL (Australia): North Melbourne, NRL: Melbourne Storm, NHL: Anaheim Ducks, AHL: San Diego Gulls, NBA: Los Angeles Lakers, NFL: San Francisco 49ers, MLB: Boston Red Sox, MLS: LA Galaxy, Super Rugby: Melbourne Rebels, Big Bash League: Melbourne Stars, A-League: Melbourne Victory, ABL (Australian Baseball League): Melbourne Aces, AIHL (Australian Ice Hockey League): Melbourne Ice, NBL (National Basketball League [Australia]): Melbourne United, Premier League: Manchester United

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 07:06:20 PM »
Thank you for the update jon.  We have been worried about you.  This will be fun when you get everything up and running again with all the catching up.

Offline PhatBoi504

• 1/21/20
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • Where's Check Game?
    • Who Dat Temple
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 12:00:53 PM »
Thanks for the update. sorry about what happen. I hope everything is OK with you and your family.
Season 7 (2010-11) CSS Playoffs Champion

Offline LA_Bud1388

• Outside in Line
    • My Show
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 10:24:21 AM »
Thanks for the Update Jon. Hope all is well with life and your family. Sorry about all that's happened. Look forward to catching up when you can. Your life and getting yourself up and running again is priority and we all understand that

Offline Canadian-TPIRfan

• In the Audience
  • Canadians are TPIR fans too
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 04:18:36 PM »
Hey Jon. There are more important things in life than CSS, and that's something that everyone should understand. You take all the time you need in getting everything ready. THe important thing is that you're o.k.

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2012, 12:22:07 PM »
I understand that real life always has to come first. As someone who once walked away from an online job I loved, as a TV critic, because of real-world stuff that had to be done - I understand all too well the burdens real world obligations may impose. 

That said, this game has gone over two months without a single day's results posted. I'm sure the queue is tremendous, and likely with a backlog that large, it's probably a little imposing.  But the game needs to progress forward.  And soon.

If you need time to continue handling real-world affairs, I can understand. I'm sure a suitable interim host could be found; someone found to compute results for existing shows.  But it's been two months. A month from now we'll have gone a third of the season without a single day's worth of CSS results.  The real-world has to come first, but at some point results would be a nice thing to start seeing.
---------
Edit Note: At some point I pushed a button and it got clipped, but this post for most of it's display history contained a notice that if the game hit the 3 months mark without updates, I would temporarily put it on hiatus. This has now happened.
--------
My post should NOT be taken as a solicitation for substitute hosts, just a caution that at some point soon, the wheels do need to start moving.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 04:57:25 AM by Seth »

Offline Wayoshi

• The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 12:02:56 AM »
I clearly remember a deadline of 3 minutes ago being stated in the above post, and I'm disappointed to see it gone.

There's been zilch progress. It's time to try to repair CSS and move on.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 12:38:44 AM »
I clearly remember a deadline of 3 minutes ago being stated in the above post, and I'm disappointed to see it gone.

There's been zilch progress. It's time to try to repair CSS and move on.

Well with approximately 150 shows to make results for. I suggest we rest CSS for now because with that amount of episodes to make results for (Not withstanding the bonuses to figure out) it will be very time consuming to fill out those results.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 12:41:10 AM by TheGRVOfLightning »
My sports teams are

AFL (Australia): North Melbourne, NRL: Melbourne Storm, NHL: Anaheim Ducks, AHL: San Diego Gulls, NBA: Los Angeles Lakers, NFL: San Francisco 49ers, MLB: Boston Red Sox, MLS: LA Galaxy, Super Rugby: Melbourne Rebels, Big Bash League: Melbourne Stars, A-League: Melbourne Victory, ABL (Australian Baseball League): Melbourne Aces, AIHL (Australian Ice Hockey League): Melbourne Ice, NBL (National Basketball League [Australia]): Melbourne United, Premier League: Manchester United

Offline nowhammies11

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The blood of angry men, the dark of ages past
    • The Whammy's Blog
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 12:49:28 AM »
I agree with Wayo here.  Even though I don't play much (if at all), I do think that it is unfair to those that do play CSS regularly to hold up the game like this for over a third of the season.  I know I am not the only one who believes this, but I will say it: find an interim host and salvage what's left of the season.
YOU CAN NEVER STOP :clipboard:

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 01:42:40 AM »
I have to agree with nowwhammies11

My post should NOT be taken as a solicitation for substitute hosts or any sort of deadline, just a caution that at some point, the wheels do need to start moving.

So here is a question, When do the wheels have to start moving?
My sports teams are

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 10:27:41 AM »
Well everyone, until seth makes the final say, let's not assume anything.  I know I think it was monday or tuesday that jon came in the room and said that CSS is almost caught up.  So I don't know what seth will do.