Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 11/14/2012  (Read 17513 times)

Offline elskunkoman

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: TPiR Recap - 11/14/2012
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2012, 03:27:45 PM »
So drew brought connor to the show again. Nice wins in Side by side and magic number. Roo could've been won but brian took the 2 out of the car price and blew it. Make your move, stack the deck, and 1 wrong price were hard.
pepe! It took us all summer to clean out all the skunk stink from seasons 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40!!!

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2012, 03:40:16 PM »
So drew brought connor to the show again. Nice wins in Side by side and magic number. Roo could've been won but brian took the 2 out of the car price and blew it. Make your move, stack the deck, and 1 wrong price were hard.

How was One Wrong Price hard? *tries to find a 55" Samsung 3D LED HDTV for < $2,000*
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2012, 03:50:51 PM »
I agree that what I said didn't quite come across as I intended. Believe me, I really don't mind presidential press conferences - I actually like listening to politics. It's just my first reaction is to complain about a "stupid CBS Special Report".
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline Cartboy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2012, 04:12:38 PM »
Nice wins on Side By Side & Magic #! :-)  Not too good other than that, IMHO.
Velvet Sky - 2 time Knockouts Champion, the hottest Knockout, and my favorite Knockout!!

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2012, 04:34:40 PM »
I think when people complain about Connor they aren't necessarily trying to be mean. It's good that Drew feels he can have his stepson on the show, and it can make for some good, adorable  moments even (I actually loved OB1 today, great energy, and OB2 would have been great if he had his numbers straight, but not bad for his age) but when he's getting in the way of a contestant playing Switcheroo, it can be a problem. That's all.

Great lineup, but not much else going on today. Roo was really really disappointing. The game was actually played correctly and well. The 4th digit is almost always 1, or the lowest option. And then somehow a wine chiller is $19 and stymies the win. Some luck once in a while would be nice. After that, this show just fizzled because Stack is Stack, and MYM was about as mean as possible today.

OK, I give up. I think they really just don't know how to set up Magic #. It can be good as an easy win game, but there was almost no earthly way that was ever going to be lost today. And on some of the harder setups we've seen in the past, it's near impossible to win - not a lot of middle ground here. It is probably the trickiest game on the show to set up, but I would encourage them to look at some past setups to see how to manipulate it.

Timings:
Switcheroo (5.5) - 5:04
Side By Side (3.5) - 2:44
Magic # (4.5) - 4:21
Make Your Move (4.5) - 4:31
Stack The Deck (5.5) - 5:16
One Wrong Price (3.5) - 4:15
Total (27): 27:11

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2012, 04:42:32 PM »
I'm on my phone, so this a sort of reply all to some comments.

There will always be someone worse off than me. So I don't want to be guilted into not being allowed to complain about something that is clearly not on the level of other important things. If that were the case we might as well pack up this site and go home. I am not trying to say that the problems of others should be waived off, but you could respond to every post with "There are people...". Priorities are priorities and I hope most people's are straight, but simply saying that it is difficult for you to watch the show online so you'd rather watch it live shouldn't mean you or I don't have perspective and not know what's going on in the world.

When it comes to complaining about preemption, this was one user in a recap thread of a show that was only preempted in the west. No need to be tired of it. On top of that, there wasn't an actual separate thread about it nor was there someone who made a gigantic deal out of it. Preemptions are so far and few between that you can't really be tired of something that doesn't happen often.

If four people died overseas in a calculated terrorist attack, I don't think I'd mind the president coming over the airwaves to talk about it. I believe this conference was for the fiscal cliff (aka Bickering Golden Road Like Crapfest XLIV). I'm not going to rip my head out and type in all caps saying that it ruined the show, but I think it's okay if I complain about something that shouldn't be as complicated as it is already getting a lot of coverage. This wasn't even breaking news. It was the President saying what the newscasters predicted he would say. Again, there are a certain level of priorities people need to realize and certain choice of words that are important, but I don't think the conversation sparked from htmlc's comments was warranted.

I'll comment on the episode when I get home.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2012, 05:13:06 PM »
There will always be someone worse off than me. So I don't want to be guilted into not being allowed to complain about something that is clearly not on the level of other important things. If that were the case we might as well pack up this site and go home. I am not trying to say that the problems of others should be waived off, but you could respond to every post with "There are people...". Priorities are priorities and I hope most people's are straight, but simply saying that it is difficult for you to watch the show online so you'd rather watch it live shouldn't mean you or I don't have perspective and not know what's going on in the world.

When it comes to complaining about preemption, this was one user in a recap thread of a show that was only preempted in the west. No need to be tired of it. On top of that, there wasn't an actual separate thread about it nor was there someone who made a gigantic deal out of it. Preemptions are so far and few between that you can't really be tired of something that doesn't happen often.

If four people died overseas in a calculated terrorist attack, I don't think I'd mind the president coming over the airwaves to talk about it. I believe this conference was for the fiscal cliff (aka Bickering Golden Road Like Crapfest XLIV). I'm not going to rip my head out and type in all caps saying that it ruined the show, but I think it's okay if I complain about something that shouldn't be as complicated as it is already getting a lot of coverage. This wasn't even breaking news. It was the President saying what the newscasters predicted he would say. Again, there are a certain level of priorities people need to realize and certain choice of words that are important, but I don't think the conversation sparked from htmlc's comments was warranted.

Well that is fine in a practical sense, it still makes little sense to get that mad about a "Stupid CBS Special Report." People can complain about what they want to, that's fine and dandy, heck, you're complaining about people complaining about someone complaining :P

I never meant to say that he can't complain, more that his type of complaint showed an anger level which was not warranted.

Heck, I'm sure that if it was the other way around, and 'Price' interrupted a CBS Special Report, a lot more people would get mad (not on this site) than if a CBS Special Report interrupted 'Price' especially because if something great happens in 'Price', it'll be on CBS.com, and YouTube.com, and probably 50 thousand other sites as well. (And if something not so great or bad happens, heck, that might be on YouTube.com too! and if it's not, it's probably not worth seeing in the first place.)
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline tpirman1982

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • My TPIR Fanpage
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 05:53:23 PM »
There was no CBS News Special Reports in my area.

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Golden Road's Unofficial Official Bracketologist
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2012, 06:12:34 PM »
Guess I should just keep my mouth shut.
Pete Carroll has the biggest balls in the world.

10th place in 2010-2011 CSS
16th place in 2011-2012 CSS
17th place in 2012-2013 CSS

B/R Profile: http://bleacherreport.com/users/1048731-bill-riccette
Follow me on Twitter for my take on the Eagles, NCAA Tournament Bracketology and various sports topics @Bill_Riccette https://twitter.com/Bill_Riccette
http://billriccettenfl.wordpress.com/

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2012, 06:42:34 PM »
I don't think there was even a national preemption today. What a thread derail.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline PriceBusterXL

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I deserve this.
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2012, 06:53:45 PM »
Drew's son returns, but still a bit of a disappointment today.

THE BAD NEWS:

Switcheroo: Tough break for Bryan...........Should've kept the 2 for the car.

Make Your Move: At least Fredrick got the bicycle right.

One Wrong Price: I really thought that it was pool table this time, not the TV.

Stack The Deck: The Chevrolet Camaro Coupe: Turning a Pricing Game into "The Kiss Of Death" since Season 39. I'm sure Allison didn't keep the car stereo stuff after that loss.

THE GOOD NEWS:

Side-By-Side: Easy win for Hudson.

Magic #: Same with Katherine.

Mostly just some trips were won today, thanks to Bryan and his showcase. Not bad............but not good, either.

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2012, 06:56:03 PM »
I don't think there was even a national preemption today. What a thread derail.

It was probably a local preemption.

Follow me on Twitter for my take on the Eagles, NCAA Tournament Bracketology and various sports topics @Bill_Riccette https://twitter.com/Bill_Riccette

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2012, 06:58:42 PM »
Recap is up.

Also, please get back to the episode, not pre-emptions
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 07:09:49 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2012, 07:13:45 PM »
Also re: Connor - I corrected myself to you in chat as well, bill - Drew just has handled the whole thing atrociously. He's also a distraction to the actual PGs.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline wildbill0962

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2012, 07:20:51 PM »
Note: I wasn't in chat when Roo was in played, I had not gotten back yet. Maybe there's a chance he didn't know what was going on. Maybe Drew was just letting him have fun. I don't know.