Author Topic: OBIT--Lucille Bliss (voice of Smurfette)  (Read 416 times)

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
OBIT--Lucille Bliss (voice of Smurfette)
« on: November 15, 2012, 04:18:07 PM »
The great voiceover artist succumbed to natural causes last week; she was 96.  In a career spanning over 60 years, Bliss started off with a bang, voicing Anastasia in Cinderella for a terrific debut, and kept working right up to near the present, but gained immortality as the village's main female Smurf--who ironically was only a glorified one shot character in Peyo's original comics, a creation of Gargamel's sent to destroy the village that turned on him in end, but who then chose to leave the village rather than endanger it further.  For more information: 

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/lucille-bliss--voice-of-smurfette--dies-at-96.html 

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 63 years of The Price Is Right
Re: OBIT--Lucille Bliss (voice of Smurfette)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 06:57:28 PM »
I knew later in my youth that Bliss voiced Crusader Rabbit (the first cartoon star made for television)--back in childhood I was only exposed to the second Crusader series in 1957 and heard GeGe Pearson as Crusader's voice. I do have a couple of original story arcs on tape with Lucille's voice.
"The opposite of 'pro' is 'con,' that fact is clearly seen...if 'progress' means to move ahead, then what does 'Congress' mean?" --Nipsey Russell

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Vive Froomey!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
Re: OBIT--Lucille Bliss (voice of Smurfette)
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 10:36:21 PM »

RIP Lucille, I'll always remember you as Smurfette  :-(
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life /2011 CSS bronze medalist/Blitz Club