Author Topic: OBIT--Lucille Bliss (voice of Smurfette)  (Read 594 times)

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
OBIT--Lucille Bliss (voice of Smurfette)
« on: November 15, 2012, 04:18:07 PM »
The great voiceover artist succumbed to natural causes last week; she was 96.  In a career spanning over 60 years, Bliss started off with a bang, voicing Anastasia in Cinderella for a terrific debut, and kept working right up to near the present, but gained immortality as the village's main female Smurf--who ironically was only a glorified one shot character in Peyo's original comics, a creation of Gargamel's sent to destroy the village that turned on him in end, but who then chose to leave the village rather than endanger it further.  For more information: 

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/lucille-bliss--voice-of-smurfette--dies-at-96.html 

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
Re: OBIT--Lucille Bliss (voice of Smurfette)
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 06:57:28 PM »
I knew later in my youth that Bliss voiced Crusader Rabbit (the first cartoon star made for television)--back in childhood I was only exposed to the second Crusader series in 1957 and heard GeGe Pearson as Crusader's voice. I do have a couple of original story arcs on tape with Lucille's voice.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
Re: OBIT--Lucille Bliss (voice of Smurfette)
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 10:36:21 PM »

RIP Lucille, I'll always remember you as Smurfette  :-(
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23