Author Topic: Make Your Move Question  (Read 2945 times)

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
Make Your Move Question
« on: November 17, 2012, 04:33:03 PM »
I'm sorry if someone already asked, but why don't the three sliders start right at the end of the board, instead of under the second digit?

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Make Your Move Question
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 05:41:38 PM »
Here's a guess - putting all of the sliders under the second digit forces you to move them all before locking in an answer, since no answer leaves the single digit hanging off the end.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 01:36:34 PM »
It's easier to start at the beginning of the board, as all three sliders start at the first number in the line. You then have to move two sliders under the middle and last numbers to form a solution that will cover all nine numbers, hence the title of the game.

Offline Off_trak

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 02:06:12 PM »
The game was originally set up with all the sliders beginning at the first number in the early days. I seem to recall when they made the short lived change of having two three digit prizes, they started having the sliders sit on the second number in the line up.
"It's a SuperBall prize package worth $11,245!!

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 03:36:27 PM »
The game was originally set up with all the sliders beginning at the first number in the early days. I seem to recall when they made the short lived change of having two three digit prizes, they started having the sliders sit on the second number in the line up.

That would make sense.  The game had been out of the rotation for several months, so it's hard to think of a more logical time for them to change something.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.