Author Topic: OBIT - Deborah Raffin  (Read 1277 times)

Offline dprice

• Taking a Bonus Spin
OBIT - Deborah Raffin
« on: November 25, 2012, 09:25:33 AM »
Actress Deborah Raffin has died.  She was 59 years old.  Read the article below.

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=776217

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: OBIT - Deborah Raffin
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 01:52:13 PM »
Excuse me for coming off as a jerk here but...Who? I took a look at her IMDB to see if it rang a bell and under "Known for" I see Death Wish 3, God Told Me To, Scanners II, and Touched by Love. I have never heard of any of those :? Is there something else she is known for? (I know the linked article says she's the daughter of Trudy Marshall??)
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline howierules86

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 02:02:55 PM »
^I can't speak for others here, but the first time I heard of her was when I was going through a 7th Heaven phase around 2002-03 and noticed she had a recurring role as Julie Camden (an aunt of the Camden kids). Here's a clip from her first appearance on that show from around Nov. 1996 (be warned, this is not for the faint of heart):

« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 02:09:53 PM by howierules86 »

Offline Canadian-TPIRfan

• In the Audience
  • Canadians are TPIR fans too
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2012, 02:03:50 PM »
Excuse me for coming off as a jerk here but...Who? I took a look at her IMDB to see if it rang a bell and under "Known for" I see Death Wish 3, God Told Me To, Scanners II, and Touched by Love. I have never heard of any of those :? Is there something else she is known for? (I know the linked article says she's the daughter of Trudy Marshall??)

http://tvguide.ca/TVNews/Articles/121123_raffin_death_AD.htm
This could explain a bit more. As per the article, "Deborah Raffin, who was best known in the TV world for helming a variety of guest spots..."

And I don't think you're coming off as a jerk. I'd bet a good chunk of cash that the majority of this board would ask "Who?" as well. In this case, it's a valid question.