Author Topic: CSS Results for January 4  (Read 2729 times)

Offline BuddyTom

• Double Showcase Winner
  • It says what it means.
CSS Results for January 4
« on: January 04, 2007, 02:04:34 PM »
Today we have a rather tricky combination of prizes that made short work of some contestants. One thing is for sure, only PriceFanArmadillo and I caught that the motorcycle that went with the ski boat was the most expensive of the three Hondas in rotation, or something. Practically everyone else went under on the boat, many people WAY under.

Pianos can be tough. That's where all but one of our overbidders went wrong today. Yamaha = more expensive than the cheapo brands, but at retail price and combined with a fairly nice dining room group, not that cheap. There were six players who managed sub-1000 differences, including a just-barely-DSW by Fireball. If he'd just bid two dollars lower, I'd have won.

Dammit. :hammer:

But I got the boat again! :-D

CHATROOM SHOWCASE SHOWOFF
Results for January 4, 2007 -- Game 69
BuddyTom
CSS Host emeritus (served 2006-10)

-- Freude!

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
Re: CSS Results for January 4
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2007, 02:11:39 PM »
GRRRR!!!    :-x  :-x  :-x

It all started when I found out that I got a D in one of my classes last night.    :-(    Then, I bid $40,000 on that boat; unfortunately, my latest Disaster makes me 0-4 against Kourtney this season.  This is also my third consecutive CSS playing in which I've gone OVER.

It is official:  I hate friggin' random boats!  I just can't seem to get a grip on thier price! :-x
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2007, 02:13:21 PM »
I actually almost did bid $17,099.  But I thought that somebody might bid $17,100, so I slapped that extra $2 to my bid.

Yay me.  :-D
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline PriceFanArmadillo

• Loyal Friend and True
  • -This space for rent-
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2007, 02:14:28 PM »
Dang...I thought I'd scored on that boat for sure.  I am a master of coming exactly not close enough...whenever only two people catch on to a showcase, I'm the one that comes in second.  Oh well, still another stellar showing for me, and I'm making great progress on the points board.
Armadillo is exactly right - ClockGameJohn
---------------------------------------
The Here Moderates This Here Site Here Guy

Offline pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2007, 02:52:57 PM »
Well, I did well between the two showcases and beat Bully on our rivalry...(Bully, it is looking like that you like getting hit with a mallet... :lol:  :-x )  Anyway there is always tomorrow. (Hopefully I will do really good tomorrow considering it is double-value day.) :-D

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2007, 03:13:40 PM »
That boat was the epitome of what FRBS means. I don't think I've ever seen that before. We'll have to remember that Chaparral = $$$.

By the way, Armadillo's nice day sends him to a 17-14 lead over me. I've got to get back on track.

Offline LudwigMackdaddy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2007, 03:46:26 PM »
whew.. cgts to buddy tom and BRB and GRRR for me  for backing out of 17222 and i would have had a 2 day in row DSW.. anywy  so glad to have 2 good days in a row   to try to make up for my falling again at end of year

Offline Punchboard91

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2007, 04:24:26 PM »
Sheesh. I'm glad I sat out today. My bid on the boat was $29,875, but I went $18,575 on the other one.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2007, 05:23:25 PM »
Good job Fireball and Tom!  Get ready, because it's Double Values Friday tomorrow and I'm taking no prisoners!  As this is my only game played this week, I'm going to make it count (I'm heading back to 3 games a week effective this coming Monday)

See ya then!  :-D
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2007, 08:22:13 PM »
Kourtney Wilson wrote:

Bully, it is looking like that you like getting hit with a mallet...  :lol:  :-x

Nah, that "D" I got in my "Early American Republic" class last night really spooked me... :-(  :-(  :-x

I'm getting skunked; the losing has to stop tomorrow!
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.