Author Topic: Rich Fields to Family Feud?  (Read 15895 times)

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
Re: Rich Fields to Family Feud?
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2012, 05:46:59 PM »
I sent Rich Fields facebook a message and this is what he said

"Hi Paco. I can't comment on anything yet. We'll see how things pan out. "

Holy Snap. That means it wasn't complete bologna, there is the outside chance of this happening!
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 06:16:15 PM »
^Assuming Rich is not going ex-rectum with this. I do hope it becomes a reality, however -- the edited-down prerecorded voice of Joey Fatone has become exceedingly annoying due to being painfully obvious that it is in fact a recording.

And hopefully he can bring back his more energetic voice -- love it or hate it, Fields using a subdued voice on Wheel of Fortune just felt...wrong. Someone once said that his announcement of a player winning $100,000 sounded like he was saying it at a coffee shop.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 06:20:54 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Todd

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 06:45:37 PM »
And hopefully he can bring back his more energetic voice -- love it or hate it, Fields using a subdued voice on Wheel of Fortune just felt...wrong. Someone once said that his announcement of a player winning $100,000 sounded like he was saying it at a coffee shop.

I think the problem with Rich on Wheel was that he was so subdued yet over-the-top at the same time. It just wasn't right.

Anyway, it would be nice to have a real announcer back on Feud!  :-)
Signatures are overrated.

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 07:14:20 PM »
love it or hate it, Fields using a subdued voice on Wheel of Fortune just felt...wrong. Someone once said that his announcement of a player winning $100,000 sounded like he was saying it at a coffee shop.

Rich [and most of the auditionees] did their VOs in post, [IIRC] replacing Charlie's pre-existing VO. You'll never display the same enthusiasm in a post-prod facility as you would in the studio. I recall Jim being the same case---he was not as "excited" on his audition shows as he would come to be once he became the permanent announcer.

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 07:37:18 PM »
If Rich actually does get the job, I hope he does it better than he did on Gameshow Marathon.  Having Rich on the show might almost get me to watch it despite my strong distaste in Steve Harvey.

The actual retail price is...

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 10:45:15 PM »
Rich [and most of the auditionees] did their VOs in post, [IIRC] replacing Charlie's pre-existing VO.
There were only eight such weeks that had Charlie's preexisting voiceovers. Rich and all of the other candidates did in fact do some weeks live in-studio.

You'll never display the same enthusiasm in a post-prod facility as you would in the studio.
The problem was that Fields was just as subdued when he was actually in the studio.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 10:47:53 PM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 07:19:25 AM »
Rich [and most of the auditionees] did their VOs in post, [IIRC] replacing Charlie's pre-existing VO. You'll never display the same enthusiasm in a post-prod facility as you would in the studio.

That will be a problem then, because I guarantee you that they're not going to pay to fly Rich to Chicago or Atlanta or wherever-the-hell Steve is going to tape the next season of Feud.  If this amounts to anything real at all (and I seriously doubt that), it would probably be to have Rich record a line to replace Fatone so they can pay him less.

What else could he possibly offer to Feud that it is currently lacking?  Not having a live voice clearly isn't hurting their ratings.  Steve already has his own warm-up guy who serves both Feud and his talk show, and I can tell you from personal experience that he's much, much better than Rich in that function.  If they really needed a live announcer, they could use that guy.

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 10:04:12 AM »
^Assuming Rich is not going ex-rectum with this. I do hope it becomes a reality, however -- the edited-down prerecorded voice of Joey Fatone has become exceedingly annoying due to being painfully obvious that it is in fact a recording.

I agree with you and hopefully a new theme as well the 10 second theme is also annoying

Offline JohnHolder

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 10:58:33 AM »
Having Rich on the show might almost get me to watch it despite my strong distaste in Steve Harvey.

That wouldn't be enough for me.

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2012, 12:05:46 PM »
It would be enough for me to watch the intro then quickly turn to a different channel.

The actual retail price is...

Offline FamilyFeud1994

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Up for some Bankroll?
    • My Podcast (Drop the Mic)
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2012, 02:33:23 PM »
[...] and hopefully a new theme as well the 10 second theme is also annoying

I said this on another forum, but I really think they should just ditch the Combs theme altogether. It doesn't really fit.

It would be enough for me to watch the intro then quickly turn to a different channel.

Lol, same here.
"YOU ON FAMILY FEUD! THIS AIN'T A COMEDY ROUTINE!"

Perhaps you should practice what you preach, Steve.

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2012, 06:57:33 PM »

I agree with you the combs theme is annoying they need to write a new theme or bring back the Anderson Theme.

Offline ILoveBonusGame

• 2/15/2008
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2012, 07:41:09 PM »
The Combs theme would not be so annoying if they would use more of the theme than what we currently hear.

Offline TheTechSGT

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2012, 08:15:58 PM »
The Combs theme would not be so annoying if they would use more of the theme than what we currently hear.

Given the choice, since we've heard the Combs theme snippet since, what, 2006?  I'd rather hear the John Lewis Parker music make a comeback.  I know I'm in the minority here, but I always thought the Parker libraries were more appropriate for the modern era than the classic music.

Offline kens5368035

• In the Audience
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2012, 11:59:40 AM »
OR.................................what about.......the 1994-1995 Dawson Theme!! That would be perfect for Harvey Feud