Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/05/2007  (Read 25305 times)

Offline Joe_Capitano

• Double Showcase Winner
FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/05/2007
« on: January 05, 2007, 01:54:48 PM »
BE SURE TO RATE THIS EPISODE! Use the "Rate Thread" menu above.

Production #3825K - Taped Nov. 1, 2006

Bob: stage entrance

First Four lineup: right to left

Handoff: Shane

Models of the Day: Phire Dawson, Shane Stirling and Gabrielle Tuite

Wearing: Jessica Howard

1   Cedarshed Red Cedar Playhouse (P)

PHILLIP 4900
JESSICA 899
ALEX *1500
KAREN 1
($1639)
STUPID BID

Alex, a student at Pepperdine, plays FREEZE FRAME for a trip to Barcelona (6n @ Fira)(G)

20$7250
LOSS

2   Party Tyme Karaoke Machine (G&S)

+Phillip 155
+Jessica 255
RITA 500
+Karen *695
($960)
STUPID BID #2

Karen from Long Beach, CA, prepare thyself. IT'S THE $50,000 PL!NKO! FRIDAY!!!

Free Chip(5)0R
(Back to Basics) Breakfast Maker1/9939*(6)0R
Wrist Watch/Commnicator1/0030*(4)10000WIN!
(GE) Digital Answering Machine7/5515*(4)100LTotal
(GPX) TV Boom Box1/3333*(4)100L$10,200

3   La-Z-Boy Morgan Recliner (P)

+Phillip 430
+Jessica 399
Rita *525
DIANE 550
($549)
STUPID BID

Rita plays POCKET ¢HANGE for a Pontiac G6 (Std., ALB, Traction, BlkHtr)(S)

1st.251
2nd034696X
.509*( 9 ).10.35
3rd03466*(13).50.85WIN!
4th0344*( 3 )
5th030*(14)

SHOWDOWN #1

$1,639Alex30 + 60.90Through to Showcase Round
11,277Karen15 +   5OV
20,189Rita  5 + 75.80

4   (Craftsman) 10HP Riding Lawn Mower (S)

+Phillip 2000
+Jessica *1
LUIS 1200
Diane 1500
($980)

Jessica plays MOST EXPENSIVE

Deering Sierra Banjo (G)$2246
Stainless Popcorn Cart (P)1419
Pulaski Casa Cristina Dining Group (S)PICK3477WIN!

5   Honda CRF80 Offroad Motorcycle (S)

+Phillip *1275
CHRISTOPHER 3200
Luis 1150
Diane 2200
($2094)

Philip, a U.S. Marine Corporal and the last of the "First Four", plays DICE GAME for a Chevy Aveo LT (Std., AT, BlkHtr, ALB)(G)

[   ][5]
Rolls: $1[6][6][4][5]
[5][3] 1 [5]PAINFUL LOSS

6    Ladies Golf Equipment/Clorox Disinfecting Wipes (G-aboard "Chugs")

DENISE 2000
Christopher 825
Luis 675
Diane *900
($1240)

Diane plays BULLSEYE for an Ashley Chateau Frontenac Bedroom Group and Bemco Posture Fairfax Sleep Set (P)($5414)

(5) (Carapelli) Olive Oil (1l)  4 x 5.49$21.96SORRY
(4) (Pringle's) Potato Chips (1.75 oz)10 x   .797.90*SORRY
(1) Santa Fe Chunky Salsa  3 x 2.698.07*SORRYLOSS

(2) (St. Joseph) Companion Aspirin (3 2 pks)SORRY
(3) (Birds Eye Steamfresh) CornBULLSEYE

SHOWDOWN #2Spinoff
$1,280Diane55 stay.55.40
2,094Phillip55 + 95OV
8,122Jessica55 stay.55.65Through to Showcase Round

It's always proper to ask someone if they wish to spin again if they're tied - even if you assume they won't. Barker remembered to do that just as Diane began her extra spin. Oopsie. (Yes, it does matter!)

SHOWCASE ROUND

Jessica has the honor.

SC1-Jessica

PLANET PLUTO, OUTCAST (P as the former 9th Rock from the Sun)
Meade ETX90 3 1/2" Telescope)
Trip to Disney World (NWA Vacations; 4n)
 Mercury Mariner (Std., Bars, Spare, Rack, Tint)(S)
BID$26,000
PRICE25,899
DIFFOVER

SC2-Alex

(Merit Boardwalk) Trackball Arcade Game
Connelly Billiard Table
"Pirates of the Caribbean" Pinball Machine (S)
Sonoma Symphony Spa (G)
BID$  5,500
PRICE22,175
DIFF- 16,675
TOTAL$23,814

Today's Pricing Games: 3 for 6

Total Winnings: $68,415

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: DISCUSSION - TPiR 01/05/2007
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 03:07:33 PM »
Freeze Frame: As soon as Alex froze at $4,516 for Spain, I had a feeling he had lost. That sounded too cheap.

Plinko: Over $10,000 was won, and the small prizes were pretty easy!

Pocket Change: If she had not messed up on the second digit, we could have had an EXACTA here.

Most Expensive: Pretty easy.

Dice Game: Philip's friend costs him here.

Bullseye: What Bob did at the end was very funny!

SSD2: What was Bob doing when he failed to ask Jessica on if she wanted a spinoff? Another senior moment.

Showcases: Ouch! I thought Jessica had won, though I would have said $25,000.

Overall: Good show today.

Offline goldroadfanatic

• 2/22/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • One Dollar!
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 03:24:15 PM »
One Bid #1-Phillip's first stupid bid:  $4,900 for a playhouse?!

Freeze Frame-On one of its previous playings, Freeze Frame was not concealed by the giant price tag.  Today, the game was left exposed again.  I have a feeling that Freeze Frame has permanently gotten the Range Game treatment of being exposed fully instead of being concealed, as was the case for over a decade.  I would have also said $7,250 for the trip.

One bid #2-Phillip's second stupid bid:  $155 for a karaoke machine like that?!

PL!NKO-After the first two chips, I thought it would end in a wipeout.  The SPs were easy today, and a pretty good $10,200 win to boot.

Pocket ¢hange-Great playing by Rita, this one of the best wins in a while!

Most Expenisve-That banjo is evil, but I knew the dinette had to be more expensive than it.

Dice Game-This marks the first appearance of the second-generation Chevy Aveo on the show.  That fourth number worried me, as it had better odds of being lower than four.

Bullseye-It was very hilarious to see Bob toss the price card of the frozen vegetables like that to reveal the hidden bullseye.

SCSD 2-Another senior moment by Bob.

Showcases-This is the first time in a while a Mercury was offered on the show.  Jessica's reaction at the end was hilarious when Bob had to tell her she went over.  I don't know why Alex thought his showcase would be that cheap.  Here are my bids/differences:

Room/Spa-$19,000/3,175
Car-$25,850/$49
"Cherish the past, accept the present, and anticipate the future.  They are listening to feedback wherever feasible, but they can't repeat the past."

Offline Nick

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 03:34:36 PM »
I'm trying to figure out where all the time was lost in this episode that caused the various rush points throughout the show.  Pocket ¢hange didn't last too long, but then Bullseye did, and Plinko was nothing quick; but I don't see where all the time was lost that lead to cutting out the ticket plug.

It is just I, or have Bob and the contestant been standing further out from the Plinko board for the small prize portion lately?

I'm glad Bob remembered to ask Jessica to spin again.  I was a bit surprised that he didn't reset the wheel before Diane spun.

The first Showcase was hilarious. :-D

goldroadfanatic wrote:
Freeze Frame-On one of its previous playings, Freeze Frame was not concealed by the giant price tag. Today, the game was left exposed again. ...

Freeze Frame is hardly ever concealed when it's played first.  Today's instance was nothing new.  Bob just happened to mention the game before the prize was shown.
Roger Dobkowitz's Seven Commandments of The Price Is Right:
1. Tape and edit the show as if it were live.
2. Never tell the contestant what to do.
3. Size matters. (The bigger the prize, the better the prize and the bigger the reaction.)
4. All prizes are good.
5. Never do anything on the show that would embarrass a parent with a kid watching.
6. Never put on a prize that would make the show look cheap.
7. It’s the game, stupid! (It’s about the game.)

- Roger Dobkowitz on Stu's Show September 23, 2009.

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2007, 03:34:42 PM »
$155 would be a reasonable guess for a karaoke machine if it wasn't The Price is Right.

Rita was a combination of lucky AND good.  While Pocket Change wasn't exactly set-up for a loss, it's impressive that she only made one mistake.

At least Jessica won her pricing game.  Barely overbidding sucks.  I wonder if Alex thought she went over....

Offline CrimsonViper

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2007, 03:43:30 PM »
I rather much liked this episode.

Philip, the extreme bidder.  We know those playhouses and children things could be expensive on the show, but does really a few pieces of wood total $4900?  Nah, didn't think so.  Same with that karaoke machine.  It might've been worth $155.. say, 30 years ago.  If it existed.

I liked Karen because she was bursting with excitement for each Plinko chip she won.  It definitely made this playing of Plinko more tolerable to me than your average one.  Rooting for her all the way, despite suffering a couple of $0s.  I didn't want her to walk away with such little cash, so I was glad she plunked the third one into the $10K slot.

That was one great playing of Pocket Change.  She didn't trip up on the middle digits as one could expect.

I don't think Dice Game was a painful loss.  Despite rolling the rest of the numbers 'perfectly', it could've gone either way for the 4th digit obviously, and this was one of the times where going with the odds was a good idea.  

I liked how Bob just started tossing the cards wildly after Bullseye was lost.  That was amusing to watch.

First Showcase was awesome!  When was the last time a Mercury was offered on the show, anyways?  

Poor Jessica.  She thought she won and then got stopped cold by Bob.  Oh well.

Offline heelsrule1988

• Double Showcase Winner
    • My Deal or No Deal recaps
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2007, 03:46:44 PM »
Pocket Change- Wow, Rita tore it up. That has to be the best playing of this game we've ever seen.

Dice Game- Ouch. Hurts to play it that well, and lose it by going against the odds.

Bidding Round #6- #112, Denise! :-D

Showcase- Absolutely hilarious. YouTube moment without a doubt. :lol:

BEST CONTESTANT OF THE DAY- Jessica.

SHOW SUMMARY AND GRADE- A subpar week on TPIR ends with a slightly better show... Grade: 2

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2007, 04:14:28 PM »
IUFB #1: $4,900?! When will people ever learn?

Freeze Frame: I knew that trip would cost $7250.

Pocket Change: Excellent playing by Rita winning that car.

Most Expensive: I said 3 as well and win that.

Dice Game: Knew that fourth number was lower. What a pity.

Bullseye: Very funny the way Bob tossed that prize card.

SS #2: Another oops moment from Bob. But hey nobody's perfect.

Showcases: Boy was Jessica confused thinking she'd won. Bizarre.

• In the Audience
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2007, 04:14:53 PM »
Hi, group.  I was home while Price was on but I didn't go online until much later because I didn't feel well.  Oh, well, there's always another day to come into the chat room.

What did I miss today?  Let's see--

-Missed the usual losing of Freeze Frame
-Missed a near perfect playing of Pocket Change
-Missed a Plinko win
-Missed the second loss of the season for Bullseye
-Missed a Most Expensive win
-Missed a painful loss of Dice Game(any loss of a game is painful to me, though)

Somebody get me a TiVo for my 31st birthday next month.  :-P  (j/k)

Hope all of you will have a great weekend!  Later!

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2007, 05:09:19 PM »
One-Bid #2:  From $4,900 to $155... wow.

PG #2:  Plinko is on a hot streak now with $10,000 winners.  :-P  :-D

PG #3:  With the exception of picking that 6 as the second number, you can't play the game much better than that.

SCSD #1:  Cut out a little bit early, didn't we, guys?

PG #4:  Easy pick of the dinette, though that banjo price scared me a little bit.

PG #5:  I see they used the non-ugly Aveo today.

One-Bid #6:   :lol:  "Where the Hell is Heaven?"  :lol:

PG #6:  Yay!  Bully!  :-P  Taking 4 olive oils never should've happened.

Showcase #1:  Oh, terrific.  Another new car never seen on TPIR before.

Showcase #2:  

My showcase bids:
Truck--$29,313
Random game room/spa--$16,385

Result:  Umm... are you supposed to get excited when you heels?
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline mhrasputin

• In Contestant's Row
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/05/2007
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2007, 05:17:35 PM »
When Jessica got excited when she thought she won, it reminded of 1993 when a young man jumped up and down playing Card Game after he bid $8,400, ARP: $8,283! I used to have that on tape but I stupidly erased it. If anyone has that clip, post it on You Tube please, thanks! Rated the episode a 4 out of 10.

P.S. Just for fun, the powers that be in the sound department should've played the Losing Horns when Jessica went over as she was excited, lol!

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2007, 05:41:52 PM »
I doubt very many people on here will know or remember this...  Rita Domiguez, I'm almost positive, was a contestant on Face the Music in 1981.  She was one of the few contestants who actually embarrassed Ron Ely to the point of speechlessness in one of the shows funniest moments.  Don't know how she did... the tape I have of the episode she is on runs out before the game completed, but she looks nearly exactly the same as she did then.

Offline rob79

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2007, 06:37:48 PM »
Good show today to end the week, lots of laughs in this one.

IUFB#1-What was Phillip thinking?

Freezey: Tough, I really didn't think that trip would be that expensive.

IUFB#2-What was Phillip thinking? Yet again we ask this question.

Plinko: Yay!!!!!! Another good payout here.

Pocket Change: Best playing of this game in a while. She tore it up.

Most Expensive: I woulda lost this, I picked the Banjo, cause we've seen those friggin random Banjos run over 3k before.

Dice Game: Ouch, that just flat out hurts.

Bullseye: Good to see Bully back. Not good to see it lost. Not played well at all.

Showcases: Ooh, that was a painful overbid by Jessica. $5500 was a winning bid due to the overbid but still an oddball bid. Sheesh.

Nice show to end the week.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2007, 06:52:06 PM »
Freeze Frame - Tough Luck. I really had no clue.

Plinko - Nice win there.

Pocket Change - that was one beautiful playing by Rita!!! It was nice to see it back and have it won rather nicely.

Most Expensive - Easy. Unless that dinette was Ashley, then it was an easy pick. Just look at it. You dont see really fancy dinettes like that cheap. I was surprised to see that the banjo was that expensive.

Dice Game - it was perfect except for that 4th number. Always go with the odds. (unless its the 2nd or 5th number)

Bullseye - Tough loss.

Showcases - I thought Jessica had a great bid. And talk about underbidding. You could probably get away with that in 1978! And for future reference, a Mercury Mariner is like a Ford Escape.

Grade: 7/10

Offline PimpinJC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2007, 07:38:16 PM »
Freeze Frame-And he was so confident.  He knew how to play it, too.  Tough luck.

Plinko-LOL, Karen was hysterical!  Yay, nice $10K win here!  I'm glad she won.

Pocket Change-Rita was awesome!  She played that perfectly.  That was an easy playing, too.  I would've guessed it without missing any.

Most Expensive-Nice win here.

Dice Game-Ooooh, that was tough.  Knowing that a majority of the playings of Dice Game have had a 5 or 6 as the 4th number, it made it tough.  Unfortunately, the number went with the odds this time.  I would've went higher as well.

Bullseye-Yay, nice to see it back again.  Another loss.  LOL, Bob is really showing those game props whose boss!  First Master Key key, then 1/2 Off box, now the Bullseye price tag.

Showcase-OUCH, that's a painful overbid!  And her reaction thinking she won was hilarious.  And what the heck, a $5000 bid??  Was he thinking she overbid?
All Hail Sinfonia!