Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/05/2007  (Read 25381 times)

Offline whinbaby

• Double Showcase Winner
  • No whining!
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 01/05/2007
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2007, 09:41:14 PM »
The Price is Right Game #6628

Popcorn Machine
I know it's early in 2007, and we got another price increase this year.  This one went up $30.  I wonder if the $2,070 cart has exceeded $2,100 yet.

Pluto
Meade EXT90PE Telescope - $749
Trip to Walt Disney World - $2,360
2007 Mercury Mariner FWD - $22,710

The Game Room
Merit Boardwalk game - $4,995
Connely Coronado Pool Table - $4,395
Pirates of the Caribbean Pinball - $4,495
Sonoma Symphony Spa - $8,290

Modeling Report Card for January 5, 2007

Oh dear, we got our first four-digit modeling total of 2007.  Phire has only modeled four prizes worth $9,021.  And Shane, you've got the guts, you've got the glamour, and you've got 14 prizes worth $65,992!

With Clorox Weippes and 25 prizes, your total is $160,374.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2007, 10:17:10 PM »
I really thought Alex had Freeze Frame won.  Shame he didn't, too -- he seemed like a fairly loyal viewer.

Karen was hyper.

Rita's playing of Pocket ¢hange was excellent, despite a rocky start.  After so many high car prices, it was nice to see it only reach 50¢ for once.

I wonder what made them have to edit out the ticket plug.  I think that's the first time that's happened since the third show of the season (unless it happened on October 11).

The Dice Game loss was a real shame.  It wasn't necessarily all that surprising, but still, Philip seemed like a pretty decent contestant.

You had to feel a little bad for Jessica at the end of the Showcase.  I'm not really sure how she didn't realize she'd lost, since Bob was obviously using a "close, but no cigar" voice, but she very clearly thought she'd won.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline edmojautis

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2007, 10:57:57 PM »
FF: Well, those trips to Spain are more than I thought.

Pocket: Karen was a joy to watch and an excellent player and she deserves that car.

Plinko: Rita was overhyped especially for this game. Good to see her win at least $10+.

Most: Evil Banjo outwitted by Jessica.

DG: AGGGGHHH!!! Will the painfulness of these losses ever go away?

Bullseye: Bob gave us a funny moment at the end. Too bad about the loss.

Showcases: Pluto deserves another chance. :-D  Man, I really thought that Mercury showcase was more. Poor Jessica. What could be worser than harshly finding out you went over?

I'll give this a 6.5 for its hilarious moments and fun players.

Offline GoldenBulldog

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Creative Writer, Loyal Friend and True
    • My Faceook Page
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2007, 03:33:41 AM »
Freeze Frame:  Alex played it very well despite losing.

Pocket Change:  Karen was a VERY good player who deserved to win that car.  If she hadn't made that first wrong guess, we would've seen an "Exacta".

Plinko:  Nice $10,000+ win.

Most Expensive:  This calls for a Dobstopper Special as the banjo was very tempting, but Jessica manages to out-Dob the Dob himself!!

Dice Game:  Philip played the game REALLY nicely, but the losses in this game are startin' to be very painful to watch.

Bullseye:  Awwww...but at least we got to see Bob throw the pricetag out the window.   :-D

Showcases:  OWWIE!  I wanted Jessica to win, and she started celebrating after she'd gone over.  That "MRRRP" sound has a way of ruining a contestant's day, ya?   :lol:

OVERALL GPA (on a 4.0 Scale):  2.8
I just wanted to drop you a note and thank you for your love, affection and loyalty to me, drew, the models and.... The Price is Right....thank you for being such a "Loyal Friend & True". -Rich Fields (in an e-mail sent to me on 3/17/2010)

I support The Price is Right...even if nobody I know likes Drew Carey.

Offline styleguy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2007, 04:16:21 PM »
Freeze Frame:  Alex played it well.  He didn't let the audience influence him.  He didn't feel pressure to just go with any price to get the game over with.  He did it his way.  A shame he lost.  I said 5010, which would have been wrong as well.

Plinko:  A 10,200 win, great!  Karen made the game exciting.  Those first two 0s though got me nervous.

Pocket Change:  An excellent playing of Pocket Change.  Great job on your win Rita.

Most Expensive:  The dinette was obviously it.  The banjo was more expensive than I thought.

Dice Game:  Phillip makes it on stage?!  Amazing.  That did suck that he lost.  

Bullseye:  A mess here.  Diane did not play that well at all.

Showcases:  Jessica was so close.  I bid 26,044, putting me over too.  That Mariner was cheaper than I thought.  That 5500 bid was pretty dumb.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2007, 08:20:24 PM »
I can't believe I forgot to mention this:  Who else enjoyed the footage of video Super Ball!! during the second showcase?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline rcbought

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2007, 11:10:41 PM »
It must have been superball deluxe.  Because there were a lot more holes for the ball to fall into

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2007, 12:08:37 AM »
Pricing Game Length:
The time of the game begins at the moment a prize is revealed for the game, or the game itself is intentionally shown (Freeze Frame).

Freeze Frame -- 2:11
Pl!nko -- 4:12
Pocket ¢hange -- 3:14
Most Expensive -- 1:21
Dice Game -- 2:34
Bullseye -- 3:22

SteveGavazzi wrote:
I wonder what made them have to edit out the ticket plug.
It was probably the combination of a slightly-longer-than-usual Pl!nko playing, the Bullseye playing that went as long as it could have, and the spin-off in the second Showcase Showdown.  Bob appeared to be rushing after the Pl!nko playing.

Offline thewhammy_2000

• Double Showcase Winner
    • The FunDMental Game Show Site
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2007, 03:13:43 PM »
Freeze Frame: I was thinking it would be at least $4000 like 4516 but with the price ending in 0. That made it a little difficult for me.

Plinko: It looks like the audience wasn't too thrilled like they used to in the intro.

Pocket ¢hange: If there was going to be some low change or zeroes in those cards, I don't know if I could go on with the show.

Most Expensive: It can't be that easy. The dining group was an obvious choice. Those prices gave me a little scare.

Dice Game: Just going against the odds is a little painful and risky. Losing because of that is even worse.

Bullseye: Only two oils probably would've ended the game. If only Bob would throw the cards like that on Money Game.. that would be interesting.

Showcases: I'm sure many of us thought about Super Ball!! after seeing that arcade game. I did.
I can understand being close from the ARP is good, but if you're over, even by so liitle compared to your opponent, it's over.
My somewhat popular YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/thewhammy83 for Price, PYL, and other game shows.

• In the Audience
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2007, 10:15:15 PM »
Another great show.

• Outside in Line
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2007, 06:43:33 PM »
This day was NOFX day in San Diego for TPIR