Author Topic: Match Game on Wheel  (Read 1504 times)

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
Match Game on Wheel
« on: December 05, 2012, 11:01:33 PM »
In the speed-up round, a contestant mis-solves "Blanking the Blank" and Pat replies "This isn't "Match Game"".

Offline FamilyFeud1994

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Up for some Bankroll?
    • My Podcast (Drop the Mic)
Re: Match Game on Wheel
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 01:23:32 PM »
In the speed-up round, a contestant mis-solves "Blanking the Blank" and Pat replies "This isn't "Match Game"".

You know, we are probably among the very few of today's viewing audience who will actually get that joke. WE NEED MATCH GAME!
"YOU ON FAMILY FEUD! THIS AIN'T A COMEDY ROUTINE!"

Perhaps you should practice what you preach, Steve.

Offline TheTechSGT

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 02:34:21 PM »
^ Seems like Pat's got a good working knowledge of other gameshows.  I remember a couple of years back a contestant remarked, "I don't want to press my luck," and without missing a beat his response was, "Well, that's another show!" or something to that effect.

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 02:53:30 PM »
^ Seems like Pat's got a good working knowledge of other gameshows.  I remember a couple of years back a contestant remarked, "I don't want to press my luck," and without missing a beat his response was, "Well, that's another show!" or something to that effect.

I would assume a lot of people who grew up with those classics on television would know what they were.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

“For the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 10:19:46 PM »
Match Game has been off the air save for a barely seen revival or two for, what, almost two decades? That alone is a full generation, and of course, plenty of people who grew up when the show was around didn't watch, just as is the case for any show.

Offline Axl

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 03:31:18 AM »

I would guess that most 66-year-olds have at least a passing awareness of popular game shows of the 70s and 80s, even ones they actively watch.  They were kind of ubiquitous back then.

Offline TheTechSGT

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 12:15:15 PM »
I would guess that most 66-year-olds have at least a passing awareness of popular game shows of the 70s and 80s, even ones they actively watch.  They were kind of ubiquitous back then.

Sometimes I forget just how old Pat is, wasn't thinking about him being a senior citizen.