Author Topic: What's Going On @ Golden-Road.Net??  (Read 44174 times)

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
Re: What's Going On @ Golden-Road.Net??
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2012, 09:13:40 PM »
I've spent the better part of my day curled up in a bed feeling rather, well, not-good. I finally feel better and get online a few minutes ago, and my email is full of reported posts.  That tells me two things:

#1)The report post feature works.  And that's good. Wish more people would use it more often instead of bellyaching in threads or sending me a PM for problem posts.

#2)This site's forum software is terrible when it comes to options to allow trolls to be dealt with when an IP ban isn't an option. (Note: I would prefer no specific discussion of those measures available in any package). There's just not enough development in SMF, either by the original makers or by those making mods and plug-ins, to effectively deal with the situation. (I could spend a full day venting other complaints, but this is the core one.). I have given serious thought to testing out another free software package (phpBB, for example) and seeing if it might be the more viable solution going down the road.

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
Re: What's going on at Golden-Road.Net??
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2012, 09:34:47 PM »
rodroddyfan's post unintentionally brought up another problem with this forum in regard to quality: users who quote a very long post only to respond with one or two sentences.

Copy the [ quote ] and [ /quote ] tags (minus the spaces) to where they are necessary, should you wish to respond to more than one portion of a post. Otherwise, such as in this case, remove everything from the quoted post which is not the portion you wish to respond to. So very, very simple.

In this case, the post should have been as follows:
Perhaps I am confusing something, but I thought Marc said this in regard to having an open relationship with the Price staff after Roger was fired and the disastrous meal Marc and John had with Drew (as was remarked on an episode of Stu's Show, Drew talked at considerable length about Second Life).
Regarding what I posted. Actually right after marc and john found out that roger had been let go, they were close to shutting this site down for good. But I think after a few days, they decided to keep it going.
And in response to the post itself, I already knew that. I visited the site back then and saw all of that as it happened, sir.

But, then again, it does show how far the site has fallen, that we're resorting to trolling the trolls just to get our humor.
Better than fighting amongst ourselves, I say. Besides, it was a good challenge to my mental reflexes, and it was quite enjoyable. :-D

PS: GuyWithFace, thanks for implementing the changes I mentioned in my last post. Again, you don't have to, as I realize I wasn't being completely truthful or accurate with those statements, but I thank you anyway. :-)
Do not thank me, sir -- thank Seth.
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline TheTechSGT

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2012, 06:26:12 PM »
rodroddyfan's post unintentionally brought up another problem with this forum in regard to quality: users who quote a very long post only to respond with one or two sentences.

This happened again today:  http://www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,20569.msg364794.html#msg364794

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2012, 01:15:48 AM »
Another problem related to the above is posts like this, which again goes back to the issue of quality -- users who do not know how to use the quote tags and put their replies within the quoted portions.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 01:18:04 AM by GuyWithFace »
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
Re: What's Going On @ Golden-Road.Net??
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2012, 01:39:47 PM »
Last week, I asked you to provide me with examples of members who may be guilty of belittling others.  As of this follow-up, I have yet to receive one such example.  I am going to consider this thread closed & locked.  I urge you to continue to use the site's Report To Moderator function if you notice any violation of our site rules.