Author Topic: New Golden-Road.net Moderators  (Read 8004 times)

Offline Marc

• Executive Producer
    • Golden Road
New Golden-Road.net Moderators
« on: December 16, 2012, 01:58:14 PM »
I recently informed all of you that we will be adding two new day-to-day moderator positions to the golden-road.net staff.  Well, I lied...as we're adding three.

Please join me in congratulating cu2010 and prizes22 as they join the ranks of moderator.  Both of these members have what I would consider to be a quality post history with us, and both bring with them previous experience in the role of moderator.

Additionally, I feel it's time to promote senior member SteveGavazzi to the role of moderator.  Steve's overall knowledge of The Price is Right is second to none, and his help & guidance on golden-road.net has proven to be invaluable over the years.  Congratulations Steve!

I have asked all three of our new moderators to prepare a brief autobiography, which follows this.  I know that our new moderators will do an excellent job of ensuring that the site's rule set is enforced, stepping in only when it is necessary to do so.  As I head back into my lurker role, I do urge you to use the site's PM functionality if there is any way that I can be of service.

Regards,
Marc

cu2010

Name's JD.  I'm 24, a resident of far upstate New York (so far north, I can see Canada), and a graduate of Clarkson University, where I was the sports director for the college TV station. Currently I work in the retail world, which is always crazy this time of year!

A lifelong fan of game shows, I was first attracted by the bright lights and vibrant colors on the TPIR set as a young child. I remember it being a happy show, with people from all over going to this magical place led by Bob Barker, who would let them play a game to win all kinds of wonderful stuff. (I was five at the time, I didn't know much of what was going on!)  When I was younger, the pricing games were always my favorite part of the show, as they were (and still are!) extremely varied in nature, with no two games being exactly the same, and with six different ones being played each day, creates a fresh experience every time I turn on the TV at 11am. I fondly remember once going to an arcade and blowing close to $10 on the skee-ball machines, solely because they reminded me of Super Ball! Over the years, as life changed, I would always return to the show, and there would be Bob, just as I always remembered him, and that set, just as I always remembered it, to put a smile on my face.  After Bob's departure, I became more interested in the history of the show, learning all I could about it, and in the process, became more interested in the television world as a whole...which has led me to ultimately pursue a career in television.

Besides Price, I also enjoy Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune, along with sports (especially baseball and ice hockey), video games, and travelling.

prizes22

I'm Jessica, somewhere in my Roarin' 20s, an actress by trade, these days mostly involved with some small scene improv work on the side, and helping college students learn some basic techniques, when I have the time, or just studying finance. When I'm not doing that, I just like to joke around, play retro video games (though I'm 100% sure you reading this are better than me at any of them, no matter how rusty you are) follow sports, critique food, travel, follow the  US and worldwide news, follow financial trends, and last but not least, watch game shows, especially my favorite, The Price is Right.

I've been interested in game shows, especially Price, Wheel of Fortune, and Jeopardy! ever since I was two, according to what my mother has said over the years. Of those three, however, Price always stood out the most to me, growing up. Growing up with Bob Barker on my screen goes beyond sick days,  and an amazing show. In fact, Bob himself was among one of the top few, if not the top reason I went into acting, with the marvelous job he provided for so many audience members over the years.

Additionally, as a child, I tried to be a mini-Bob: When the bills came for a restaurant meal, I would tell everyone to 'bid' on the price on the receipt, as close as you could get to the actual retail price, without going over. As I got more tech savvy over the years, I learned Microsoft Powerpoint. At around age 13 or 14, I made a full Powerpoint of the game (sadly since lost to time), featuring 6 items up for bid, 6 pricing games, 2 showcase showdowns, and 2 showcases. Eventually, around perhaps late 2004 or early 2005, after one too many times of reading the CBS FAQ about Price, I found golden-road.net. It was amazing! Other fans who shared my intense passion for wanting to know not only what happened daily, but what happened within the day itself. While that was a great part of my life,

I had a few down years soon after, due to personal reasons, but Price helped quell those feelings. No matter how much I've aged, from being a toddler, to now in my 20s, through good or bad, Price has always been there to make my day better or be my personal sugar to help the medicine go down. With all the great people I have made as friends because of a common interest shared of our intense love of this show, a life without Price (and, consequently, G-R), is a life not nearly as rewarding as this one. More than a show, a hobby, an interest; it; the show, is a life, in my experiences.

SteveGavazzi

Hi!  As Iím pretty sure most of you already know, Iím Steve Gavazzi.  Iíve been reading these forums since they were started way back in 1999, posting since 2000, and writing and maintaining our FAQ since 2003.  (And holy good Lord does all of that make me feel old.)  Iíve made some great friends through this site over the years, some of whom Iíve unfortunately lost touch with as time has gone on, and Iíve learned more about The Price Is Right than I ever would have imagined there was to know back when I found this place.  Iím proud of the fact that over the past decade, Iíve helped to create the kind of TPIR website I was hoping to find when I looked the show up online for the first time back in 1997 or so.  Itís certainly not something Iíd ever have imagined back then that Iíd end up doing.

In real life, Iím an assistant manager at one of the national chain drugstores Ė a job which, as you might imagine, is a little bit nuts this time of year.  I work with a damn good crew, though, and weíre usually able to keep a pretty solid handle on things.  I also have a bachelorís degree in computer science which, in spite of the obviously large amount of time I spend using computers, I have never done a single thing with; instead, the part-time job I took at the pharmacy to earn a living while I looked for a ďreal jobĒ ended up being my real job.  There are days it drives me crazy, but I wouldnít give up the friends Iíve made there for anything.

I was pretty surprised when Marc offered me mod powers earlier this week.  He had explained to me many years ago why he didnít think I should have them, and frankly, I thought those reasons were still valid; apparently, he thinks differently.  Iíll do my best to prove him right.

Oh, and for anyone whoís wondering after all these years:  Yes, I still live zero miles from Weedville.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 06:54:07 PM by therealcu2010 »

Online Hag

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Let's make the 50th season the best ever.
Re: New Golden-Road.net Moderators
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 01:59:34 PM »
Congratulations guys. :-)
2nd place, 2011 CSS playoffs.     QSW, 3/27/17, 1/15/18. Exacta, 5/14/21.

"Four cents cost you 10,000 dollars."

Offline TheTechSGT

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 01:59:58 PM »
I for one think it's about time Steve became a mod.  Congrats Steve!

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 02:08:49 PM »
Congrats to all on the promotions.
"Drew is the greatest at the show that Drew does...how do we make Bob's show Drew's show?"
~ Mike Richards, Cover Story: The Price is Right, aired June 17, 2018

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Best in the World
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2012, 02:16:18 PM »
Hey, lookee here, I have a few cool new buttons to play with. :)

I'll try not to break things too badly. :lol:

Thanks, Marc, for this opportunity, I am truly honored.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline nbuckler14

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2012, 03:01:37 PM »
Congratulations to all three of our new moderators, from what I've seen in my 9 years on this site I know these three will do a great job. 

Also, to everyone else if you haven't yet, take some time one day to check out Steve's FAQ, all these years of work he's put into it have certainly been worth it pretty much 99.9% of your Price questions can be answered from it.  I know it's helped me settle several debates.  ;)
This is Nick Buckler speaking for The Price is Right, a MARK GOODSON TELEVISION PRODUCTION!!!!  (catches breath)  Stay tuned for The Old and the Reckless on most of these CBS stations!

Offline GuyWithFace

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Attempted Sane Person
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 03:03:45 PM »
Applause to all three users. :-)
The above is my opinion and mine alone.

To answer your questions: yes, I am a guy and yes, I have a face. (I also have the occasional spurt of weirdness.)

Quote from: thepriceis_J
People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline William

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2012, 03:19:07 PM »
Congratulations Guys! I think you all deserve it.
$1,016,378 cash & prizes given away by me in my HYOs!

Offline vadernader

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Do The Harlem Shake.
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2012, 03:20:43 PM »
Congrats, 3 solid picks!
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better." - Sydney J. Harris

ďFor the premiere of season 30, CBS wanted to do a special primetime show. However, they asked that we also add a gimmick or a twist to make it truly special. I came up with the suggestion of taking the show on the road for the first time in its history." - Roger Dobkowitz

Offline sideshowPA

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2012, 03:28:26 PM »
Fantastic picks. 

Looking forward to the first time Steve needs to moderate himself   ;)
"I don't want to hear disorganized beeping." - Bob Barker

Offline cornelius

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2012, 03:32:15 PM »
Congrats, guys. You three truly deserve it.
Remember. Help control the pet population. Have your pet spayed or neutured!

Offline Prizes

• Director
  • Took a swing and my drive found twine!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, a WOF Community
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2012, 03:44:05 PM »
Wow, Marc, I really do appreciate this, thank you so much! Honestly, that's cheesy, but I really am beaming from this. I know I'll live up to the good name that G-R has had throughout its life. Also, congratulations to my two new fellow mods, cu2010 (who I consider a friend outside this forum) and Steve- and, whoa!, Steve? Great choices on both counts.

If the site breaks, or if the pentellit thread gets merged with the day's recap, you know who to blame.

See you all around a lot more. :)
Hard work increases the probability of serendipity. óKen Poirot

Finally made it in life!

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2012, 03:58:12 PM »
Wow, Marc, I really do appreciate this, thank you so much! Honestly, that's cheesy, but I really am beaming from this. I know I'll live up to the good name that G-R has had throughout its life. Also, congratulations to my two new fellow mods, cu2010 (who I consider a friend outside this forum) and Steve- and, whoa!, Steve? Great choices on both counts.

If the site breaks, or if the pentellit thread gets merged with the day's recap, you know who to blame.

See you all around a lot more. :)

Knowing the latter, it would probably be me. ;)

Congrats though guys.
Season 41 - Season 43, Season 46 - Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2012, 05:01:51 PM »
Great choices. Congrats to you all!

Oh, and now I'm really not looking forward to another cu/prizes HYO.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Kirsten Vaccaro

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me On February 27, 2016
    • It's My Facebook Page.
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2012, 05:03:31 PM »
Congratulations.
A Big Rich Fields Drew Carey And Jeff Davis Fan For Ever From Kirsten

Rich Fields Thanks Kirsten. I pick out and supply all of my own clothing. That light gray suit is hard to pair with shirts and ties... but I think the lavender shirt and purple patterned tie pulled it all together.

My Favorite Announcers On The Price Is Right Are Johnny Olson Rod Roddy Rich Fields Jeff Davis.

I Met And Took Two Pictures With Jeff Davis On May 24, 2012 He Is So Nice And Kind In Person.

Rich Fields said this about Drew Carey will always be the first to defend Drew (Carey). He's one of the most genuine, down to earth people in Hollywood that I've ever met. He was the first to come to me and tell me that the show was going in a different direction. He assured me it was not his decision to let me go and I believe him. No one else was open and honest about it, but Drew was. We've continued working together on different projects and we stay in regular touch. We'll be good friends well into the future.