Author Topic: Site Updates: 12/16/2012  (Read 9531 times)

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
Site Updates: 12/16/2012
« on: December 16, 2012, 02:24:33 PM »
Some updates, patches, and  changes to report:
  • The Golden Gallery is getting a makeover (See Below)
  • Addition of three new moderators to site staff! (See Marc's Thread: http://www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,20595.0.html)
  • Due to the increased number of moderators breaking a table, moderators are now hidden on the main forum index.
  • The winter snow has returned! (through end of December)
  • A bug where the Recap Guide and Retro Recap Guide had the incorrect number of stars has been fixed.
  • Fixed a bug causing the Chat Moderators usergroup to override all other usergroup settings.
  • Removal of several unused placeholder usergroups.
  • Addition of one new usergroup.
  • Minor database maintenance.

Regarding the Golden Gallery: I've reverted to a heavily modified version of the default theme for the Golden Gallery, as I'm planning a series of updates. The first of these will include an update to the latest version to fix several security and feature-related issues. After that, depending on time available, there may actually be content updates as well.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 07:46:29 PM by Seth »

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Update Notes: 12/16/2012
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 05:27:10 PM »
YAY, snow!

The Golden Gallery looks good right now. I found it at times to be a bit too dark and that has certainly brightened up the place. I look forward to the updates planned for it.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• Recap Guide
  • I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 05:49:51 PM »
I have one minor suggestion, it's not one you need to do of course. The white blends in a bit too much, maybe a black divider line set would help?
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, 07:37:14 PM »
I couldn't leave the old theme up as I'm fairly sure it will break with the upcoming update. Switching to a very-lightly-modified version of the default theme removes several variables from the upgrade process.  At the same time, being a very basic theme, if *it* gets lost in the upgrade, then no major loss has occurred and the theme to the point you see can be easily re-created.  And once the upgrade is done I can work on finalizing the theme, getting the colors the way I actually want, etc.

Remember that the forum theme underwent about twenty publicly-visible modifications before completion. The Golden Gallery you see is version four of the theme I started on this morning.  And the forum re-theme was without an upgrade in the mix.

Also: Yo, I heard you like updates in your updates, so I added an extra update to my updates.